Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frazier to Bama

Started by VAARazorback, November 23, 2013, 07:04:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

99toLife

:(
Quote from: ricepig on November 26, 2013, 07:19:11 pm
Just how should we support him? Pay him, comp some meals, buy a Bama hat for him? To me, I don't really care if he succeeds at Bama or not, just like every other player in America. I support the Razorbacks, and their players, the others I watch.
You wish him luck and wave goodby! Do you pay Razorback players? Why would he choose us over Alabama?

ricepig

Quote from: 99toLife on November 26, 2013, 07:21:27 pm
:( You wish him luck and wave goodby! Do you pay Razorback players? Why would he choose us over Alabama?

I believe he said something about coaching and re$ource$, haha. What is wrong with wanting a player to play for your team? I don't wish good luck to those who don't choose us, I don't wish bad luck either, just don't really register on my radar anymore.

99toLife

Quote from: ricepig on November 26, 2013, 07:25:37 pm
I believe he said something about coaching and re$ource$, haha. What is wrong with wanting a player to play for your team? I don't wish good luck to those who don't choose us, I don't wish bad luck either, just don't really register on my radar anymore.
Have you ever seen him play in person? 

ricepig

Quote from: 99toLife on November 26, 2013, 07:27:23 pm
Have you ever seen him play in person? 

Yes, I have, have you? And, exactly what does that have to do with wishing him luck? Oh, is it cold in KC?

99toLife

Quote from: ricepig on November 26, 2013, 07:31:01 pm
Yes, I have, have you? And, exactly what does that have to do with wishing him luck? Oh, is it cold in KC?
I most certainly have seen him play, I have met him, his mom and his step dad.
That's why I say wish the young man the best and hope he does well. You following what I'm saying?

ricepig

Quote from: 99toLife on November 26, 2013, 07:34:06 pm
I most certainly have seen him play, I have met him, his mom and his step dad.
That's why I say wish the young man the best and hope he does well. You following what I'm saying?

Yeah

LJHOG

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 24, 2013, 04:58:39 pm
And how is that different from a LR prima donna?

The kids from the LR area can play some.  NWA prima donnas rarely produce.

Pyrotechnician

He chooses bama over Arkansas then he is the enemy from this day forward.  Dont come crawling back here looking for a job like Keith jackson did after Oklahoma abandoned him.  Yeah, thats right, Keith thought OU loved him but they used him just like bama is going to use Josh.  At Arkansas you become a beloved son of the state FOREVER!  At bama you are just another player that they will throw away like a piece of trash when your services are no longer required.  Your choice, you live with it
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

IronMountainHog

Frazier will turn out just like Fred Bledsoe- all hype, meager results

chiefsfan001

Quote from: CerdoInMO on November 26, 2013, 05:44:41 pm
So.... A 7th or 8th grade kid allegedly makes a comment about practice and you take to the message boards calling him lazy? Seems fair.

Also, you must be a better talent evaluator than the coaches at the following schools...

Alabama   
Arkansas
Auburn   
Florida St.   
Georgia
Missouri   
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Texas A&M   
USC   

Sorry,  but you sound like a child.  Every Razorback fan wanted JF to be a Hog and it sucks he's not coming here. But stop with the ridiculous, petulant posts.

Petulant...pretty impressive !!!   You are exactly right Josh was recruited by a lot of schools.  There is a good chance he was recruited on his size alone (he is a BIG kid) However, if you watched him play for the past 5 years you would have seen that he lacks aggression, heart, motivation and being a TEAMMATE.  As a 8th or 9th grader there is no way I would have ever skipped practice and told my coach that I do not work on Labor Day.  As a 14 or 15 year old (young adult) I would have known better than that. I guess I can assume that you would disrespect your team and coaches in such a manner?  Can I judge talent like Saban?  He** no?.... (could you?).  I do feel pretty confident that  I can make a clear judgement about someone who has the skills to succeed at life.  I obviously do not know this kid by any means but I have watched... I have seen how he gives up once he is beat.  I also have seen how he can stuff a player from time to time so is the talent there?  Probably so.  Do I hope he does well?  You bet I do !!!  I don't want anyone to fail...  I am all for Josh making a name for himself over the next four years then making the life long dream that we all had as kids and playing in the NFL.  If he does not make it that far I hope he earns a degree from the University of Alabama.  I just have my doubts that's all........

Pavlov's Hog

I respect your response Chiefs. I do completely disagree with posters who think 17-18 year old boys (or young men if you prefer) should be held to the same standard as a 25 year old man. They're not equipped, in many cases, to handle the process of high pressure salesmen coming at them at every turn. They are being sold on every institution by the best salesmen in the world. Throw in pressure from high school coaches, friends, twitter, pretty girls, etc... and its easy to see the fault isn't with a recruits decision. The fault is with the recruiting process.

I have no idea how to fix it, but getting mad at a kid (yes, I said kid) for making a poor choice is futile.  The real adults in this situation, the coaches, should be the people you're upset with. They lost a good prospect.

Lastly, recruiting isn't about the players we lost, its about the players the choose to be Hogs. We will be fine.

Dominicanhog

Who cares about what's his name... move on...

BTW.. I've yet to see a NWA kid live up to his hype .. maybe this guy(what's his name) is the first.

Hog board, let's talk about Hog recruits.