Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Dykes

Started by cardsNhogs, November 30, 2011, 07:58:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cardsNhogs

Has said a lot of high praise about this team during the broadcast. This guy watches every team in the country working for ESPN

Big Nasty 34

wupigsuey

Good to have a hog working on espn.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

3kgthog

That's a pretty simple analysis to give. We'll struggle against big teams. No way!

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 30, 2011, 08:11:41 pm
That's a pretty simple analysis to give. We'll struggle against big teams. No way!

That is quite the newsflash!

dddollars

I noticed when he was on bo's show today, while talking about basketball he mentioned Syracuse, but caught himself and said he would not talk about the controversy there..? They have a gag order on there employes since it looks like they might have helped cover up?

Spider-Pig

Quote from: dddollars on November 30, 2011, 09:59:41 pm
I noticed when he was on bo's show today, while talking about basketball he mentioned Syracuse, but caught himself and said he would not talk about the controversy there..? They have a gag order on there employes since it looks like they might have helped cover up?

Who knows?  He might've just not wanted to talk about.

Breems

I told ol' Jimmy he was doing a great job and he acknowledged me.  I felt like a bit more of a person.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Biggus Piggus

Struggle against big opponents, who would that be?

Let's just look inside the SEC.

Ole Miss has eight players 6-7 or taller. But why was a three-guard team like Marquette able to blow them out by 30? Rebels couldn't guard 'em, 33 fouls. And Ole Miss has no perimeter shooting threat.

Alabama has JaMychal Green, who'll probably be unstoppable.

Mississippi State starts 6-11, 6-10, 6-8.

Kentucky has Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis.

Florida has four guys 6-9 to 6-10.

Vanderbilt has seven players 6-7 or taller.

Tennessee has five players 6-7 or taller including fast-rising Jeronne Maymon.

So...that's just 10 games against opponents that will beat up the Hogs inside. I can see having a good shot at home against Ole Miss, Bama and Vanderbilt. MSU, who knows what they'll look like in early January.
[CENSORED]!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 01, 2011, 08:05:23 am
Struggle against big opponents, who would that be?

Let's just look inside the SEC.

Ole Miss has eight players 6-7 or taller. But why was a three-guard team like Marquette able to blow them out by 30? Rebels couldn't guard 'em, 33 fouls. And Ole Miss has no perimeter shooting threat.

Alabama has JaMychal Green, who'll probably be unstoppable.

Mississippi State starts 6-11, 6-10, 6-8.

Kentucky has Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis.

Florida has four guys 6-9 to 6-10.

Vanderbilt has seven players 6-7 or taller.

Tennessee has five players 6-7 or taller including fast-rising Jeronne Maymon.

So...that's just 10 games against opponents that will beat up the Hogs inside. I can see having a good shot at home against Ole Miss, Bama and Vanderbilt. MSU, who knows what they'll look like in early January.

They seem to self implode early January.

hawgchill

Quote from: cardsNhogs on November 30, 2011, 07:58:46 pm
Has said a lot of high praise about this team during the broadcast. This guy watches every team in the country working for ESPN
JIMMY is one of ESPN'S best...
Tells it like it is, NO B.S. spin

Sterling

Quote from: cardsNhogs on November 30, 2011, 07:58:46 pm

Cool story bro

Sterling

Quote from: wupigsuey on November 30, 2011, 08:09:09 pm
Good to have a hog working on espn.
You must not remember the "paddle faster" comment v Texas. He's a douchecanoe who embarrassed the state.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Jimmy Dykes had way too much praise for Pelphrey and did everything he could to manage expectations. The funny thing is he was also trying to downplay expectations for this year's team, even as we almost cracked 100 for the first time in ages, and beat a solid senior-laden, probable NCAA team by a larger margin than the tarheels!

I'm not saying we are going to beat UCONN, or anything crazy like that ;) , but i think we are already a legit Top 25 team, considering how the team is coalescing in Marshawn Powell's absence.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on December 01, 2011, 03:42:03 pm
Jimmy Dykes had way too much praise for Pelphrey and did everything he could to manage expectations. The funny thing is he was also trying to downplay expectations for this year's team, even as we almost cracked 100 for the first time in ages, and beat a solid senior-laden, probable NCAA team by a larger margin than the tarheels!

Do you remember how much Arkansas scored when Rotnei went off in the opener two years ago?
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on December 01, 2011, 03:42:03 pm
I'm not saying we are going to beat UCONN, or anything crazy like that ;) , but i think we are already a legit Top 25 team, considering how the team is coalescing in Marshawn Powell's absence.

Don't see how you get there. I'll be impressed if Arkansas goes 17-14 in the regular season. This team is going to have real problems on the road and against bigger opponents at home.
[CENSORED]!

pigsooie1000

Quote from: Sterling on December 01, 2011, 03:20:25 pm
You must not remember the "paddle faster" comment v Texas. He's a douchecanoe who embarrassed the state.

what happened?

rzrbackrob

December 02, 2011, 05:39:47 pm #17 Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:25:45 am by rzrbackrob
If the Hogs go .500 or better, this will be a good year.
Hogs are not going to make the NCAA tournament this year.
I will enjoy watching Mike mould this team in his image and next year could be a NCAA tournament year.
Good is the enemy of great

PetrinoFan

December 02, 2011, 05:46:19 pm #18 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:50:51 pm by PetrinoFan
Quote from: pigsooie1000 on December 02, 2011, 04:59:34 pm
what happened?

He said something like, "They're in their boats a peddlin, Texas better start peddlin faster, cause I think I hear the banjo's comin!" 

I have no ill feelings toward him.  He loves the hogs and Mike Anderson personally.  I think he was just trying to be funny back then, and some arkansas took offense to it.

ThunderHog

Dykes is pretty good for the most part, but he does go over the top sometimes.

Davy turtle

Quote from: ThunderHog on December 02, 2011, 09:58:50 pm
Dykes is pretty good for the most part, but he does go over the top sometimes.

Ive noticed that too, but I think it stems from him being really passionate about the game which is good sometimes.
"In that piece when they go back in the pocket and throw, it will predict alot of the success that they have."

Les Miles   -LSUSports.net Nov 22 2010

WxHog

Anybody know if he is doing the game Saturday, or are we getting a Big East crew?

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Still think that after seeing us rebound well against UCONN on the road????

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 01, 2011, 04:42:15 pm
Don't see how you get there. I'll be impressed if Arkansas goes 17-14 in the regular season. This team is going to have real problems on the road and against bigger opponents at home.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on December 03, 2011, 09:56:07 pm
Still think that after seeing us rebound well against UCONN on the road????

Turned a lot of missed shots into missed shots. No low post scoring to speak of, but the rebounding was nice. Not going to get any scoring to speak of out of Sanchez and Waithe, but they have to get some minutes just to keep the freshmen from getting worn out.

Arkansas has a lack of production at the three and four positions, and at the five Abron and Mickelson have a long ways to go on the offensive end. If the Hogs can find more than one scorer, they might beat some people. It's not just an inside problem. The lack of low post offense matters if the point guard and three guard can't score.
[CENSORED]!

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Looks like we will be able to drive the lane quite well, no matter who we are playing. This team has better offensive movement than I've seen in the past 8 years, which goes a long way to making up for lack of true big men that can bang around and score inside. Abron is getting there, super aggressive, but I don't think he will be the scorer that Mickelson will turn into with time.

Madden is also doing well at creating his own shots, but they aren't falling yet. Hopefully he will get that turned around and finish his shots.

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 04, 2011, 04:06:12 pm
Turned a lot of missed shots into missed shots. No low post scoring to speak of, but the rebounding was nice. Not going to get any scoring to speak of out of Sanchez and Waithe, but they have to get some minutes just to keep the freshmen from getting worn out.

Arkansas has a lack of production at the three and four positions, and at the five Abron and Mickelson have a long ways to go on the offensive end. If the Hogs can find more than one scorer, they might beat some people. It's not just an inside problem. The lack of low post offense matters if the point guard and three guard can't score.