Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The hogs are the best!

Started by jschulte, November 22, 2009, 07:33:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jschulte

because apparently I'm only allowed to post positive, encouraging things on this board...

woopigsooie89

Don't you think it goes both ways? Post something positive without sarcasm and you will get the same treatment.

The_Iceman

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: jschulte on November 22, 2009, 07:33:49 pm
because apparently I'm only allowed to post positive, encouraging things on this board...
Quote from: Blue35 on November 22, 2009, 07:44:30 pm
If you say bad thing about the incompetent red headed coach or his lousy players you will get thrown into the trash can. :-X

Oh how I wish I could play the violin.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

WilsonHog

There has become little difference between Jump Ball and the old Political Forum, which thankfully is dead.

woopigsooie89

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 22, 2009, 10:01:20 pm
There has become little difference between Jump Ball and the old Political Forum, which thankfully is dead.

hmmm.. and who should be held accountable for that? I wonder..

ge-erdone

You are doing great, keep it up.  GO HOGS!! GO PEL!!

The_Bionic_Pig

November 22, 2009, 11:14:39 pm #8 Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 11:16:34 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie

I have never heard of a fan of a team have to force himself to say something good about said team..... I was a Miami Dolphins Fan when we won 2 games 2 yrs ago and a Miami Heat fan that same season when we won 15 games out of what 100...and couldn't wait to tell anyone and everyone I was.    Its not blind homerism but rather willing to show support through good times when they don't really need it and the bad when they really do need someone to stand behind them.

I noticed its always WE WON and they lost with a lot of people.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ge-erdone

November 22, 2009, 11:37:37 pm #9 Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 11:47:18 pm by ge-erdone
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 22, 2009, 11:14:39 pm
I have never heard of a fan of a team have to force himself to say something good about said team..... I was a Miami Dolphins Fan when we won 2 games 2 yrs ago and a Miami Heat fan that same season when we won 15 games out of what 100...and couldn't wait to tell anyone and everyone I was.    Its not blind homerism but rather willing to show support through good times when they don't really need it and the bad when they really do need someone to stand behind them.

Yep, I have seen the St. Louis Cardinal fans suffer thru the highs and lows, but whatever, they never quit being Cardinal fans, always cheering and hoping they would win the next game, no matter the record.

Our problem as message board posters, we think we can actually coach and do better, especally when all we have to do is talk, and not actually coach and take on the responsibility.

I know that the people who hate to lose the most are the coaches and the players.

Did not Bobby Knight make the statement that he wanted to be buried upside down so his critics could come by and kiss his a--.

How many games did he win in lifetime? 

Many say it is a record that will not be broken.

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 22, 2009, 11:14:39 pm

Excellent post! It's sad to see really. Everyone doesn't have to agree on everything that's said, but in the end aren't we all rooting for the same thing?

The Pig

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 22, 2009, 10:01:20 pm

Because it doesn't mirror your beliefs? Please explain what you mean....or you could just kill the forum.

WilsonHog

Quote from: The Pig on November 23, 2009, 08:43:47 am
Because it doesn't mirror your beliefs? Please explain what you mean....or you could just kill the forum.

I agree with suthor Margaret Wheatley, who said that people are not so much believers as possessors of belief.

In line with that argument, when it comes to politics I have no beliefs. I am apolitical. I cannot imagine a political issue that I would regard serious enough to warrant my commentary.

I prefer great discussion. I abhor people who don't have the capacity for it.

That's my position.

phadedhawg

Arkansas is the best team out of NW Arkansas this year......take it to the bank baby!!!!

The Pig

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 23, 2009, 11:18:37 am
I agree with suthor Margaret Wheatley, who said that people are not so much believers as possessors of belief.

In line with that argument, when it comes to politics I have no beliefs. I am apolitical. I cannot imagine a political issue that I would regard serious enough to warrant my commentary.

That's my position.

Well said!

Hog Waller

That's my position.

Wow, that was profound.  Bravo, and I do mean that.  Thanks Wilson.

jschulte

That's my position.

What do you mean "serious enough"?  Do you mean you don't feel your opinion well developed to make any sort of impact, or do you feel as if every "political" issue is petty?

WilsonHog

Quote from: jschulte on November 23, 2009, 05:36:42 pm
What do you mean "serious enough"?  Do you mean you don't feel your opinion well developed to make any sort of impact, or do you feel as if every "political" issue is petty?

I mean I have no interest in it. Well, that isn't completely true. I am very much interested in elections as a process; that comes from my days studying political communication under Dr. Steve Smith at UA. Once the election is over, however, I have zero interest in it. Take health care, for example. I don't care whether it passes, and I would rather score my balls with a razor that read or listen to anything about it.   

Put it this way: I read the sports page, and that's about it. That's where my interest lies. That's what I care about. I'm a helluva lot more interested in who's gonna make the Final Four this year than I am anything that happens in Afghanistan.     

bigdaddy220

I know just how you feel.  I asked a question about Mallett and some took it wrong and started slamming me. First thing I know, I am in vents and rumors.  Just for asking a stinking question.