Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loisville cooled off quite a bit 6-30 from 3pt land

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 21, 2009, 08:01:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

November 21, 2009, 08:01:23 pm Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:08:02 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Sosa was 4 of 6 from 3pt land the rest of the team 2 of 24 from beyond the arc -vs- East Tennessee State.   They ended up winning even after being outscored in the 2nd half.   Final 69-56

The Cardinals couldn't throw it in the ocean off wide open 3's luckily their inside game was dominant enough that it didn't matter.  Imagine those stats a few days ago when Louisville jacked up nearly 40 3pt attemps and couldn't miss. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

thirtythree

Does that mean they are not that good since they were out scored in the 2nd half, and didn't beat them by more than 20? ;)

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: thirtythree on November 21, 2009, 08:11:26 pm
Does that mean they are not that good since they were out scored in the 2nd half, and didn't beat them by more than 20? ;)

Their good its just they couldn't miss in St. Louis from 20' 9" but at home they were horrific from beyond the arc and it wasn't the Defense ..... makes me think if we had another shot at them with 13teen players it may have a different outcome.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 21, 2009, 08:21:24 pm
Their good its just they couldn't miss in St. Louis from 20' 9" but at home they were horrific from beyond the arc and it wasn't the Defense ..... makes me think if we had another shot at them with 13teen players it may have a different outcome.

i can't take this positive thinking Stewie. We have to act like the program is falling apart and try to get Pelphrey fired, don't we? Oh wait, thats just what some what us to believe.

If you watch the Ark vs. UL game, it was obvious the deciding factor was depth. Our healthy starting 5 vs. theirs was even, but when minutes started piling up and depth became an issue, they were much better. They brought Delk and a McDonalds AA off their bench.....we had a golfer and a quarterback.

3kgthog

This score is why I don't get the putzes that were bashing our team after the UL game. The Cards shot lights out because we were forced into a zone for 40 minutes. Despite this fact we held our own and had a lead well into the 1st half. We also blitzed them immediately after half-time. The deciding factor was when we started running on fumes and couldn't keep up due to being worn out.

If we played them in January with a full team the outcome would be much different.

ge-erdone

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 21, 2009, 08:01:23 pm
Sosa was 4 of 6 from 3pt land the rest of the team 2 of 24 from beyond the arc -vs- East Tennessee State.   They ended up winning even after being outscored in the 2nd half.   Final 69-56

The Cardinals couldn't throw it in the ocean off wide open 3's luckily their inside game was dominant enough that it didn't matter.  Imagine those stats a few days ago when Louisville jacked up nearly 40 3pt attemps and couldn't miss.
I have noticed the 3 point barrage against the Razorbacks seems to work best when the Hogs are having to play zone, instead of man-to-man.

This is where our depth problem is really hurting, is on defense.

I do not know, but I would assume Pelphrey would rather play man-to-man then the zone.

heathtits

Quote from: thirtythree on November 21, 2009, 08:11:26 pm

It means they really aren't that good as most said all along and we are that bad in my eyes.

Field a full team and we easily beat Louisville, sans a 2007 App St. coaching meltdown.

sirhog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 21, 2009, 08:21:24 pm
Typical. No matter what, teams hit more threes against us than they do at any other time in the season. And its not always bad defense. Guys that never make a three will step out and hit a couple against us with a man in their face, shot clock running down and them out there at 22+ feet. I dint know why we have been so snake bit in that area the last few years.

Oliver

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 21, 2009, 08:01:23 pm
Sosa was 4 of 6 from 3pt land the rest of the team 2 of 24 from beyond the arc -vs- East Tennessee State.   They ended up winning even after being outscored in the 2nd half.   Final 69-56

Was this game televised?

TNhawgfan

ETSU has always been a giant killer and is a team you never want to face in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, so I'm not surprised they hung tough
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol