Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nobles vs. Fred Gulley / A.J. Walton

Started by The_Iceman, November 21, 2009, 06:49:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

November 21, 2009, 06:49:06 pm Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:51:26 pm by The_Iceman
There were some that questioned Pelphrey not getting Fred Gulley or A.J. Walton, lets compare the three point guards real quick:

A.J. Walton, Baylor: 6.7ppg, 4.0apg, 3.7spg

Fred Gulley, OSU: 2.5ppg, 0.5ppg, 1.0spg

Julysses Nobles, ARK: 8.7ppg, 7.7apg, 3.3spg

I'm glad this guy is on our team for the next 4 years, along with Powell and Bryant.

LRMedHawg

A bit early for these comparisons dont ya think.

JustoHogFan

You left off the most important stat when comparing freshmen and that is minutes played per game. One reason nobles numbers are so much better is because he is playing 40 minutes where as Gulley and Walton are probably not. Im not bashing those to just pointing out that you cant compare them as of right now.

The_Iceman

Quote from: JustoHogFan on November 21, 2009, 08:09:55 pm
You left off the most important stat when comparing freshmen and that is minutes played per game. One reason nobles numbers are so much better is because he is playing 40 minutes where as Gulley and Walton are probably not. Im not bashing those to just pointing out that you cant compare them as of right now.

Walton is averaging 35 minutes a game while Gulley is somewhere around 15 i think.

heathtits

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 21, 2009, 08:13:58 pm
Walton is averaging 35 minutes a game while Gulley is somewhere around 15 i think.

15 mins a game compared to 40 mins a game.

Great comparison. Bravo on that one. And you say haters have an "agenda". Geez.

Hogger

Even more important stats:

Nobles  2.9 Assists/Turnover, 2.3 Fouls Per Game (0.06 Fouls Per Minute)

Walton 1.1 A/T, 2.7 FPG (0.08 FPM)

Gulley  1.5 A/T, 1.3 FPG (0.06 FPM)

The_Iceman

Quote from: heathtits on November 21, 2009, 10:05:42 pm
15 mins a game compared to 40 mins a game.

Great comparison. Bravo on that one. And you say haters have an "agenda". Geez.

My bad, he is averaging 25 minutes a game.

Nobles: 38mpg
Walton: 35mpg
Gulley: 25mpg

heathtits

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 22, 2009, 10:58:44 am
My bad, he is averaging 25 minutes a game.

Nobles: 38mpg
Walton: 35mpg
Gulley: 25mpg

Fair enough. Time will only tell but you are right, Nobles is outperforming both of them.

They all were similarly rated though, I just don't get why they weren't on Nobles all along and why they spent so much time recruiting Walton.

The_Iceman

Quote from: heathtits on November 22, 2009, 02:18:42 pm
Fair enough. Time will only tell but you are right, Nobles is outperforming both of them.

They all were similarly rated though, I just don't get why they weren't on Nobles all along and why they spent so much time recruiting Walton.

im not going to say Walton is a bad player. Is Nobles playing better right now, yes. But Walton's stats aren't too far off for playing about the same amount of minutes. Considering where we are now without Fortson, i wouldn't mind having both of them. But if i had to choose, I'd go with Nobles no question. He is going to be a key player for the next 4 years.