Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Character Building Win Over App State

Started by HawgWild, November 21, 2009, 09:48:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Glad to see the Hogs rallied after getting headed and passed before recovering to tie and win in overtime. In Stan's first three years if this had happened the team would usually fold. You could see it in the players eyes and body language as the other team made their run at them. I think it was Stan's 4th year, in a pre-season game with Maryland, that the team jumped out front, got caught but made a comeback to win it.

Team's can move forward off a win like this. I hope the Hogs do.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HawgAdvocate

A lot of teams are having close scares early on. It's the beauty of college basketball.

No game is a given.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

CalHog

November 22, 2009, 07:29:03 pm #3 Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 07:31:26 pm by CalHog
Not much discussion on positive threads, is there?

3kgthog

Some will hate what I'm about to say, but didn't Syracuse lose to a Division II team and then beat UNC?

My point is that losses like ours to UL are just things that happen sometimes. It doesn't make or break your season. Let's get our complete team back and then see how we do. We beat a decent and experienced App. St. team. It's something to build on toward conference play.