Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fortson vs. Nobles

Started by 1highhog, November 21, 2009, 08:39:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

I'm just wanting to know if anyone has the game stats of both?  I know Nobles only has played 3 games, but I just wanted a comparison.

1highhog

1highhog

The_Iceman

fortson hasn't played yet this season, are you wanting career stats?

heathtits

Fortson is more dangerous individually. As far as a team comparison, no telling until SEC starts. I want Nobles scoring more though personally to open things up.

Nobles is a better decision maker, Fortson is a better play maker.

It's your call whether you like 15-20 points, 4-7 assists and anywhere from 2-8 TOs a game vs 7-10 points, 6-8 assists and 2-4 TOs a game.

And it's really not that hard to find stats yourself. Here's a link.

Fortson- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=41320

Nobles-http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=45873

That took me all of 8.5 seconds, which is less time than it took you to create a thread and respond to yourself 3 times.

1highhog

Well doggy, thank you heathtits for providing the helping hand.

1highhog

really, I appreciate the help, and believe it or not, everyone is not as fast and or know how to look up such stuff as you do, I know I didn't, so that's why I asked for help.

heathtits

No problem, now you know.

But yeah, hard to say who is better thus far. I need a full season to tell who is best for the team.

Looks like Nobles has a legit shot to takeover, but he is a Freshman which pretty much is a given he will have a few 5-10 TO games down the line.

olivebranchhog

Fortson is Allen Iverson and Nobles is Rajon Rondo .  Not saying these kids are as good as those two, but their roles on our team are the same roles that those guys play on their NBA squads.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

1highhog

HogInThaGrove

Not saying I prefer Fortson, but honestly we need him to open up the floor for Clarke and to put Wash in position to score by driving and attracting the double and dumping off.  Anybody that can't see that Fortson made Wash better last year hasn't watched Wash play this year. I really like Nobles, but we need another scorer out there currently. 

yraciv

ge-erdone

November 21, 2009, 04:29:27 pm #12 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 04:32:11 pm by ge-erdone
Quote from: 1highhog on November 21, 2009, 08:39:37 am
I'm just wanting to know if anyone has the game stats of both?  I know Nobles only has played 3 games, but I just wanted a comparison.
Nobles is a better point guard then Fortson, simply because he is more stable and consistant.

Fortson is very streaky, sometimes out of control,
and considers himself the cog and main scorer of the team, especially in clutch situations.

Fortson does not take pride in setting up other people to score, as he wants to score himself.

Although, it has just been three games, I have not seen that in Nobles.  He just wants the team to win, whether a good pass assist or scoring, and he takes care of the ball.

At the start of last season, I predicted Fortson would be the best ever at PG, but I have since changed my mind.

However, if Pelphrey believes  Fortson is the best, I am pulling for him and will be one of his biggest supporters.

Blue35

Where in the world is Fortson these days, receiving psychiatric care at a homeless shelter?

The_Bionic_Pig

November 22, 2009, 10:53:06 pm #14 Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:55:13 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Blue35 on November 22, 2009, 10:00:29 pm
Where in the world is Fortson these days, receiving psychiatric care at a homeless shelter?

And you have no idea why people are always attacking your credibility as a poster.  What was the point of the above response blue35?  You just fouled up a perfectly good discussion. 

And for what....

Everyone is welcome to have a opinion but this was nothing more than a cheap shot?  All I can say to you is STRIKE 2..... one more and you don't have to worry about posting on this board or any other for quite sometime say Spring Football Practice!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

yraciv

Quote from: ge-erdone on November 21, 2009, 04:29:27 pm

Fortson does not take pride in setting up other people to score, as he wants to score himself.

You guys generaliza a lot.  What did Fortson average 7 ast in the exhibitions? He was pumped everytime he made a real nice pass, and last year whenever he'd said guys up with no looks, bounce passes, or oops the same.  The guy likes to score, and thinks he is probably one of our go to scorers. I get that, but it doesn't mean he doesn't like setting people up as well.  Fortson brings nice things, and so does Nobles.  It would be nice to have that depth if and when he comes back.

coglesby

Fortson turns the ball over too much.

Blue35

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 22, 2009, 10:53:06 pm
And you have no idea why people are always attacking your credibility as a poster.  What was the point of the above response blue35?  You just fouled up a perfectly good discussion. 

And for what....

Everyone is welcome to have a opinion but this was nothing more than a cheap shot?  All I can say to you is STRIKE 2..... one more and you don't have to worry about posting on this board or any other for quite sometime say Spring Football Practice!
My question is, just where is Fortson? The reports are that he is suspended and is not at practice. That indicates that he is off the team. There should be absolutely nothing wrong with those questions. I think that you are way out of line in making threatening comments such as you have made.

Your intent is obviously to protect Fortson. Your words would indicate that you have more than a passing interest in the man.  Comments about Fortson are valid because he is a public figure and your accusation that I was "just making a cheap shop" is unfounded and is hereby denied. I was unaware "that so many people were attacking my credibility", as you have said.  If you have that kind of information please send it to me so that I may access it for the elements of defamation.  It appears to me that it is you who is trying to make the "cheap shot"

The Boar War

Quote from: Blue35 on November 23, 2009, 10:28:32 pm
My question is, just where is Fortson? The reports are that he is suspended and is not at practice. That indicates that he is off the team. There should be absolutely nothing wrong with those questions. I think that you are way out of line in making threatening comments such as you have made.

Apparently he came to Pelphrey to ask for help with a problem he was having.  Now he is spending time (apparently concurrent with the suspension) getting help for his problem.  There are no indications what the problem is so the imagination can run wild.  I'm sure Pelphrey would address it if he could but there are certain laws regarding the privacy of students. 

jman

November 23, 2009, 11:33:06 pm #19 Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:34:53 pm by jman
The way Fortson is going, theres not going to be a fortson vs Nobles battle.....hard to compete with someone if you aint even on the team.  Looking more and more like Fortson may be another bad apple who John has to throw away.