Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stat update: Nobles = top 10 nationwide in Assists AND Steals, Rotnei 66% from 3

Started by mathhog, November 21, 2009, 12:44:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf4/657824.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=6100

*For points, our double digit scorers stack up as:
Rotnei: 28 per game (though obviously that's because of his 51)
Powell: 20
Farmer: 16
Washington: 12.  (much of that is due to foul trouble, as he only has 2/3 the minutes played as rotnei)

*Powell leads the team in rebounding, and is top 30 or so nationally in rebs per game.

*Nobles not only has great assist numbers, but has very low turnovers: so far, his assist/turnover ratio is about 3, which is great for college ball.

*Our big men shouldn't shoot the 3 too much: Washington, Powell, Mitchell, and even Farmer combined are 4-23 from the 3-pt line; rotnei is 19-29.

*Nobles leads the team in minutes played.  I really like this kid.  He's very.... Corey Beck-esque.

Nobles-to-Powell = shades of Beck-to-Corliss???

chiefsfan

I would like to say that when Fortson does come back and we have a full squad for SEC play.  We sure as better have Nobles shooting free throws at the end of the game over Fortson.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Triple T

Nobles was one hell of a find by Pel and the staff.. I know it's only been three games, but the kid looks like a stud.

fineswine

I am amazed at this kid's composure.  How in the world he flew under the radar is beyond me.  It's mind-blowing that this guy is giving us 40+ minutes per night as still looks fresh and composed.  Young men like this give you hope for the program.

sshawg

Powell made some moves in the post last night that was just simply amazing. He is not going to be good. He is good now. Nobles is a Cory Beck type. Arkansas looked. good in the over time. My only problem ( other than the dry spell in the second half ) was WHY in the world was cox still in the game at the end with Farmer able to play. Just wondering...

thirtythree

Quote from: sshawg on November 21, 2009, 06:58:53 am
Powell made some moves in the post last night that was just simply amazing. He is not going to be good. He is good now. Nobles is a Cory Beck type. Arkansas looked. good in the over time. My only problem ( other than the dry spell in the second half ) was WHY in the world was cox still in the game at the end with Farmer able to play. Just wondering...

That's a very good question. The only thing I can come up with is CJP might have been worried about OT and I think Farmer had 4 fouls then. I can't remember if he got his 4th before that or in OT. Cox made FT's against Louisville I believe. It wasn't like he wasn't close. Rot has even missed two, which is not like him.

I guess we may have to wait and see if CJP says why Cox was in the game.

rzbk

Nobles has been great at PG on being a floor general.

He has been VERY lost on defense though.

Forston is a great defensive guy and a scorer.
But if you want a true floor general, so far, Nobles has been the guy.

rjmass

Quote from: sshawg on November 21, 2009, 06:58:53 am
I had just asked that question to the guy next to me last night then no more got it out of my mouth than with seconds to go Cox grabbed that big defensive rebound.  I just shut up and enjoyed the game.
Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.