Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank our lucky stars

Started by HogInThaGrove, November 21, 2009, 12:14:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInThaGrove

We should thank our lucky stars. 11 missed free throws and only 2 bench points. Thank goodness our current starting 5 have big hearts and aren't happy with losing. Proud of our two true freshmen, our true sophomore, our juco junior and our 1 senior. Playing together and getting better. The future is bright. 

ge-erdone

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on November 21, 2009, 12:14:53 am
We should thank our lucky stars. 11 missed free throws and only 2 bench points. Thank goodness our current starting 5 have big hearts and aren't happy with losing. Proud of our two true freshmen, our true sophomore, our juco junior and our 1 senior. Playing together and getting better. The future is bright.

Having to win in OT was probably a blessing in disguise, instead of winning easily.

The OT play brought out the need to play under extreme pressure, where every shot counts, and two freshmen responded big time.

phadedhawg

I was very impressed with our play in the OT period.  I was afraid our younger players would wilt after the huge 3 App State made at the end of regulation.

thirtythree

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on November 21, 2009, 12:14:53 am

Why should we thank our lucky stars? We won. The Hogs played their tails off. Every single one of them. Even the ones that didn't score. They made some plays on defense. Even the golfer had a key save and got fouled. Yeah, he didn't make a FT. but at least he got there. So, not just the starting 5 did it. They all did. They are playing unselfish and as a team.