Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotnei Clarke

Started by cubsfan5150, November 20, 2009, 11:29:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cubsfan5150

Has it occurred to anyone that one he doesn't seem to do the Richard Hamilton/Reggie Miller run around all possession until he gets open (might not be able to within the offense) and that he might just not be that fast?  He doesn't seem overly quick or fast as far as creating separation from his defender.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

SECGUY

You're a Cubs fan, what the heck do you know about success?

cubsfan5150

Ha Ha Ha, way to contribute to the thread. 

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

Hogbody

I know with the minutes he plays and the depth we have right now he'd be useless later in the game running full time

cubsfan5150

Quote from: Hogbody on November 20, 2009, 11:35:42 pm
I know with the minutes he plays and the depth we have right now he'd be useless later in the game running full time

Agreed, not sure what I'd do with him if I were coach.  I think I'd be tempted to run him to death and get what I could out of him while he is out there as opposed to only getting 50% of him because you are saving him for the whole game.  Now on the other hand, Richard Hamilton does seem to run around ALL game.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: SECGUY on November 20, 2009, 11:31:55 pm
You're a Cubs fan, what the heck do you know about success?

their motto "wait until next year"

Foshodo

he's never been fast... he worked his butt off since last season to improve but he'll never be 'fast'... also, you really want him running his tail off trying to get open when gets like 2 minutes of gametime rest? at the end he'll be bouncing rim on every shot and completely useless on defense.

Blue35

Quote from: Foshodo on November 21, 2009, 12:05:59 am
he's never been fast... he worked his butt off since last season to improve but he'll never be 'fast'... also, you really want him running his tail off trying to get open when gets like 2 minutes of gametime rest? at the end he'll be bouncing rim on every shot and completely useless on defense.
I was not high on Clarke last year, but he has improved tremendously. He needs help and some sort of offense that he score in. He is not fast fast but he has a very quick trigger.

heathtits

Has it occurred you that Reggie Miller and Rip Hamilton are both 6-7"?

Doesn't matter how much Rotnei runs, he is still 6 feet flat and white.

Beaverfever

I guess that's why coaches go after 6-5 shooting guards who have 40 inch verticals.  Maybe RC just is what he is. 

heathtits

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 21, 2009, 10:26:43 am
I guess that's why coaches go after 6-5 shooting guards who have 40 inch verticals.  Maybe RC just is what he is. 

Most knew this last year. I'd be very impressed if he avg. even close to 20 a game before his senior year.

He's going to be a lot like Pat Bradley. A tricksters work in progress. He's going to have to learn all the shady "Jordanesque" ways to get open that you don't come into the SEC knowing how to do.

He will be fine, but athletic advantages are not on his side.

Beaverfever

Quote from: heathtits on November 21, 2009, 10:30:19 am
Most knew this last year. I'd be very impressed if he avg. even close to 20 a game before his senior year.

He's going to be a lot like Pat Bradley. A tricksters work in progress. He's going to have to learn all the shady "Jordanesque" ways to get open that you don't come into the SEC knowing how to do.

He will be fine, but athletic advantages are not on his side.
Yeah, basketball is an athlete's game.  There is room for a guy like RC who has smarts but he's gonna have to earn everything he gets.  That is for sure.