Quote from: Oklahoma Diamond Hog on November 20, 2009, 11:08:42 pm
Don't be too worked up over the game, look at this:

Losses

Ark-Louisville

Bama-Cornell

Auburn-Missouri State
           UCF

Miss St.-Rider

There isn't anything to panic over.  The people that are panicking simply WANT to panic.  All the overtime period was tonight was an excuse for them to trot out their simplistic viewpoints (anytime you see something like "we needed OT to beat Appalachian State" you know that person is simply not thinking reasonably about the game--likely not capable of it).
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

ge-erdone

Quote from: Oklahoma Diamond Hog on November 20, 2009, 11:08:42 pm
Don't be too worked up over the game, look at this:

Losses

Ark-Louisville

Bama-Cornell

Auburn-Missouri State
           UCF

Miss St.-Rider
jacman, FCJ, HiM, etc., should be Miss State fans.
They could blow up the message board with their sad negativity comments.

Hogbody

Quote from: Corndog7 on November 20, 2009, 11:11:38 pm
There isn't anything to panic over.  The people that are panicking simply WANT to panic.  All the overtime period was tonight was an excuse for them to trot out their simplistic viewpoints (anytime you see something like "we needed OT to beat Appalachian State" you know that person is simply not thinking reasonably about the game--likely not capable of it).

agree

clew

We lost to this team in LR two years ago, so at least we got a win.  The silver lining in this "cloud" is that we have a couple of really good freshmen that are only going to get better.  Wouldn't you all agree that the players we gained are FAR better than the ones we lost?  okay, so Jason Henry could be really good at times, but he was a total head case and the team is better off without him.  Still, I think we're seeing progress.  If we can get a solid base of players in, it only takes one great addition to make a championship team.   
Pure as the dawn

Oklahoma Diamond Hog

Quote from: PhotHOGrapher on November 21, 2009, 04:52:25 am
We lost to this team in LR two years ago, so at least we got a win.  The silver lining in this "cloud" is that we have a couple of really good freshmen that are only going to get better.  Wouldn't you all agree that the players we gained are FAR better than the ones we lost?  okay, so Jason Henry could be really good at times, but he was a total head case and the team is better off without him.  Still, I think we're seeing progress.  If we can get a solid base of players in, it only takes one great addition to make a championship team.   

Nobles and Powell for sure. Farmer looks like he is going to be pretty good as well. No decision on Johnson and Bryant yet, they looked about like Moore and Clark last night.

Blue35

Getting beat 45-30 in the second half is about as worse as you can get despite the OT win.

thirtythree

Quote from: Blue35 on November 21, 2009, 08:27:53 am
Getting beat 45-30 in the second half is about as worse as you can get despite the OT win.

OMG! Seriously. Is that all you can come up with? We won the game. I bet App St. would beat several SEC teams, but you know what. They didn't beat us.

Blue35

Quote from: thirtythree on November 21, 2009, 08:36:02 am
OMG! Seriously. Is that all you can come up with? We won the game. I bet App St. would beat several SEC teams, but you know what. They didn't beat us.
Your theory that a win justifies piss poor performance is seriously flawed.

woopigsooie89

Quote from: Blue35 on November 21, 2009, 08:57:30 am
Your theory that a win justifies piss poor performance is seriously flawed.

Your theory that a win isn't a victory is seriously flawed.

Table Rocker

So now Pel better not only win the game but also both halfs. Where do you people come up with this BS?

1highhog

Table Rocker,,they are smoking crack.

woopigsooie89

HoopS

The best team we ever had almost lost to Texas Southern.  That same team got worked on national TV by UMass. 

sirhog

Quote from: Oklahoma Diamond Hog on November 21, 2009, 08:06:22 am
Nobles and Powell for sure. Farmer looks like he is going to be pretty good as well. No decision on Johnson and Bryant yet, they looked about like Moore and Clark last night.

This. Farmer has a nice mid range game and will be a huge help this team.

Hawgrox

"Boy I tell ya Chuck...there's a lot of teams that would like to be 2 and 1 right now".

heathtits

Quote from: Hawgrox on November 21, 2009, 09:50:33 am
"Boy I tell ya Chuck...there's a lot of teams that would like to be 2 and 1 right now".

HAHA this is awesome.

Ironic how you see this same sort of commentary with our basketball team.

".500 in the SEC "under construction."