Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attendance tonight?

Started by NWASooner, November 20, 2009, 10:35:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWASooner

Judging by the clips that were on the local news, there were TONS of empty seats in the lower level tonight.  I'm talking entire ticket sections.

I'm curious as to what the listed attendance was.  They'll probably count season tickets as tickets sold but the lower level was half full at very best.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: NWASooner on November 20, 2009, 10:35:22 pm
Judging by the clips that were on the local news, there were TONS of empty seats in the lower level tonight.  I'm talking entire ticket sections.

I'm curious as to what the listed attendance was.  They'll probably count season tickets as tickets sold but the lower level was half full at very best.

if we keep winning and when football season is over, the people will come :)

Table Rocker

Glad your satisfied Sooner. Gave you something else to degrade the Hogs about, you must be so proud.

Hogger

Boarcephus

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 20, 2009, 10:38:03 pm
Glad your satisfied Sooner. Gave you something else to degrade the Hogs about, you must be so proud.

Didn't read where he's satisfied, just stating an opinion based on what he saw.

Sounds like you might be a tad sensitive.  Midol?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 20, 2009, 10:45:40 pm
Didn't read where he's satisfied, just stating an opinion based on what he saw.

Sounds like you might be a tad sensitive.  Midol?

No joke, this is a very relevant question to be asking since it will likely determine whether or not Pel gets to come back.  I was also very curious myself.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 20, 2009, 10:38:03 pm

It's gonna be ok....

You two can hug it out later or somethin'

WPS!

Triple T

Well, considering that there is an early game in LR tomorrow, I'd prefer that this game be empty if that ensures a larger crowd in WMS tomorrow.

Once Texas and SEC Basketball rolls around, the attendance will be where it always is.

PorkRyan

First time ever to have under 12k seats sold at BWA?

Table Rocker

Sooner uses any excuse to bash the Hogs and our fans. Another example here.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 20, 2009, 10:51:16 pm

Maybe he does, maybe he don't...but he didn't in this thread.  You're confusing facts and observations with "bashing". 

Table Rocker

His reputation preceeds him. It's one thing for our own fans to argue, it's quite another when an opposing fan steps in.

Mason

I tried to estimate attendance tonight in the early second half. Most of the upper deck had moved down to the lower section and it was probably 60% at best maybe less.  I suspect the 7000 estimate is high.  With the fan base split for the football game tomorrow I'm not surprised.

The fans were still loud at the end though and represented well....with the exception of the idiots who booed Pelphrey at the introductions.
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.----Will Rogers

SECGUY

high school playoffs, FB in LR, and we played App State.

3kgthog

Based on the previous official attendance that has been released, would it be safe to say that we've only sold around 11,000 season ticket packages this season? The official is usually tickets sold so...

PorkRyan

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 21, 2009, 12:00:36 am
Based on the previous official attendance that has been released, would it be safe to say that we've only sold around 11,000 season ticket packages this season? The official is usually tickets sold so...

It has to be around that number if not less.  I know of two different people that bought season tickets for the first time this year and with a $200 donation they are in the lower level.

hawgfan80

Quote from: HogConscious on November 20, 2009, 11:33:11 pm
I tried to estimate attendance tonight in the early second half. Most of the upper deck had moved down to the lower section and it was probably 60% at best maybe less.  I suspect the 7000 estimate is high.  With the fan base split for the football game tomorrow I'm not surprised.

The fans were still loud at the end though and represented well....with the exception of the idiots who booed Pelphrey at the introductions.

Yes, the 7,000 estimate is high. I thought there were less tonight than against Alcorn St.

NWASooner

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 20, 2009, 10:51:16 pm

I've probably been an Arkansas basketball fan longer than you have.  I also probably go to more games over a season than you do.  (I, for one, think Arkansas should embrace being a basketball school since it's b-ball program has had a much higher profile over the past 25 years than it's football program.)

So, my question about attendance was legitimate.  I'd much rather see BWA sold out every night than what I saw last night on the news.  A program with the level of history and resources of Arkansas basketball shouldn't be fielding an intramural team in front of 5,000 fans in a 20,000 seat arena.

Table Rocker

That 'intramural' team handled your sooners last year in front of a packed house if I recall correctly.

NWASooner

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 21, 2009, 09:03:33 am
That 'intramural' team handled your sooners last year in front of a packed house if I recall correctly.

The house isn't packed anymore.  That's the problem.

WilsonHog

If you all wish to personally attack each other, do it by PM.

Table Rocker

November 21, 2009, 09:55:08 pm #21 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 09:57:18 pm by Table Rocker
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=293252670

before calling someone else's team "intramural" make sure you beat, or at least keep the loss under double digits, to powerhouse VCU.

Ironhawg

I've been watching the low attendance numbers so far this year.  What do you all say?  Does attendance pick up significantly once football season is done?  This is not a statement against JP.  Just a question.

Breems

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 21, 2009, 10:10:06 pm
I've been watching the low attendance numbers so far this year.  What do you all say?  Does attendance pick up significantly once football season is done?  This is not a statement against JP.  Just a question.

I would say it will pick up a bit once SEC play kicks in.  I'll definitely try to make it to as many games as I can.  It by no means will be packed or even closed to packed but hopefully we'll get a nice increase.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Ironhawg

I honestly hope JP succeeds at Arkansas.  IMHO he is a very genuine person.  It seems like with him "what you see is what you get."  I honestly did not realize how deeply troubled the Arkansas program was when he took over.  I feel like, due to the off-court issues affecting the program when he arrived, he deserves sufficient time to get things back on track.  With that being said, it saddens me to see all the empty seats at BWA.

Economy, Football Season, Poor Record Last Year, Fans Unhappy For Various Reasons With This Team, we are lucky to rake together 7000 onsite for a game against a team that we hardly know, even though they beat us when we had Heath's Seniors two years ago.  Oklahoma drew 6800 or 6900 hundred to a game this week and they were very happy.  Of course, Ok isn't Ark when it comes to BB.  Win and they will come.

Porkatarian

I was told that it was more like 5-6 thousand.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 22, 2009, 09:06:19 am
I was told that it was more like 5-6 thousand.

Porkatarian out...
Ouch. I think we got about that many for a AAA intramural flag football game back in '82 against the Sigma Nu's. I played for SAE.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.