Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The cause of a divided fanbase is always.....

Started by jman, November 20, 2009, 09:36:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jman

....Not winning consistently.  Its not the fault of any fan when the team does bad.  Its on the coaches and the players heads, not the fans.  When Nolan won big from 1990-1996....there was no divided fanbase....there was in fact a united fanbase.  If Pel can get us on track, the fanbase divisions will just go away..its that simple.

Table Rocker

The_Bionic_Pig

This is nothing compared to the criticism Coach Richardson got at the beginning of his 3rd season.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jman

All I do is give my opinion on the teams status.  If that divides anyone, then they have personal problems
Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on November 20, 2009, 09:39:45 pm
You do not help the situation by being a catalyst for dividing the fans though.

CalHog

Quote from: jman on November 20, 2009, 09:36:11 pm
....Not winning consistently.  Its not the fault of any fan when the team does bad.  Its on the coaches and the players heads, not the fans.  When Nolan won big from 1990-1996....there was no divided fanbase....there was in fact a united fanbase.  If Pel can get us on track, the fanbase divisions will just go away..its that simple.

I'd say 1/2 of the divided fan base are not real fans.  Only fair weather fans.

jman

I remember that heat.......talk about gettin hot in the kitchen...

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 20, 2009, 09:41:29 pm
This is nothing compared to the criticism Coach Richardson got at the beginning of his 3rd season.

jman

November 20, 2009, 09:45:51 pm #6 Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:47:29 pm by jman
I'm not divided at all.  I listen to all opinions from hog fans.  There are many views and everyone deserves to voice their view.  What you see on here is folks trying to limit my thoughts on the hogs......but you'll never find me trying to limit theirs.......no matter how much I dont agree....they have the right to their opinion just as I do and I respect that regardless of the poster.  I have a negative opinion of the hogs because to be honest, the whole program right now is in shambles and its a negative situation.  I find if hard to find positives in such a negative situation.
Quote from: CalHog on November 20, 2009, 09:43:14 pm
I'd say 1/2 of the divided fan base are not real fans.  Only fair weather fans.

CalHog

Quote from: jman on November 20, 2009, 09:45:51 pm
I'm not divided at all.  I listen to all opinions from hog fans.  There are many views and everyone deserves to voice their view.  What you see on here is folks trying to limit my thoughts on the hogs......but you'll never find me trying to limit theirs.......no matter how much I dont agree....they have the right to their opinion just as I do and I respect that regardless of the poster.  I have a negative opinion of the hogs because to be honest, the whole program right now is in shambles and its a negative situation.  I find if hard to find positives in such a negative situation.

The problem didn't start with Pel...it began in the 90's and my opinion is Pel can fix it.  He is getting the players and we are on the rise.  The fan base was divided before Pel got here.

jman

Thats true.  But , Pel did take the job, unfortunately he gets all the credit and critcism....thats what they pay him for
Quote from: CalHog on November 20, 2009, 09:51:17 pm
The problem didn't start with Pel...it began in the 90's and my opinion is Pel can fix it.  He is getting the players and we are on the rise.  The fan base was divided before Pel got here.

Hog Waller

The cause of a divided fanbase is the fanbase....think about that the next time you post something jman.

JONAS

jman

dont tell me what to do
Quote from: Hog Waller on November 20, 2009, 10:33:50 pm
The cause of a divided fanbase is the fanbase....think about that the next time you post something jman.

rzrbackrob

Followed the Hogs from the apathy of the late 60's and early 70's through the Triplets and the great 80's teams. The tough early years of Nolan and the payoff National Championship team. The Nolan/Frank spat to the Stan years and the present day Caligula on the Hill.

Pel inherited a nearly impossible situation, and while he has made some mistakes, I am willing to wait a couple of years for him to dig the Razorback Basketball program from the muck and see what he can do without two hands tied behind his back.

I understand the fans that are frustrated and share their frustration. I also hope Long is able to let things play out.
Good is the enemy of great

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: jman on November 20, 2009, 09:36:11 pm

Funny how you chose to not mention Nolan's first few years as he built the program, bumps in the road and all....winning doesn't happen overnight for most programs.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12