Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If complaining about HOW we won is all the haters can do, then have at it!

Started by mathhog, November 20, 2009, 09:14:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

thirtythree

Exactly. A win is a win no matter what. What team was it that Kentucky beat 72-70 the other day (and that was with a full roster).

phadedhawg

1highhog

thirtythree

W_KY_Hog

Erockster20

Quote from: mathhog on November 20, 2009, 09:14:47 pm
we still won!!

HOGS win in OT!

beat an ncaa team!

I hope no one was hurt storming the court after beating App state a "tournament team"!!!!!!

Oklahoma Diamond Hog

A win is a win...seriously for about the last 7 or 8 years cinderella doesn't just live in the dance. We have seen a tremendous amount of parody in NCAA basketball. The hogs, as well as many other teams have struggled at times with these kinds of teams.

Positives

Nobles and Powell

Negatives

Wash needs to find a rhythm

and unfortunately Johnson and Bryant don't look as good as Clark and Moore...yet. I am sure that will change. I am a optimist by the way. If the other guys rejoin with the right attitude watch out. Anybody think Nobles starts and Fort comes off the bench if he returns?

thirtythree

Quote from: Oklahoma Diamond Hog on November 20, 2009, 09:34:41 pm
A win is a win...seriously for about the last 7 or 8 years cinderella doesn't just live in the dance. We have seen a tremendous amount of parody in NCAA basketball. The hogs, as well as many other teams have struggled at times with these kinds of teams.

Positives

Nobles and Powell

Negatives

and unfortunately Johnson and Bryant don't look as good as Clark and Moore...yet. I am sure that will change. I am a optimist by the way. If the other guys rejoin with the right attitude watch out. Anybody think Nobles starts and Fort comes off the bench if he returns?

I pretty much agree with you on that for now. Maybe they will get better as we start getting more players back. This was Bryant's first game back and Johnson needs to get going.

Erockster20

Positives:  we are 2-1

Negatives:  It took us overtime to beat App State.  At home.  Gonna be a long year.

Hawgrox

Ham Ham Pigelow

Yeah we won but it's important to read between the lines as well. 

When did it become okay to be happy with a squeeker over App St.

I think that tells ALOT about where our program is right now and the near future as well.

Oklahoma Diamond Hog

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on November 20, 2009, 09:45:34 pm

I think that tells ALOT about where our program is right now and the near future as well.

With a depleted team, a dreadful drought to start the 2nd half and our opponent hitting everything for a 12-15 minute stretch, you bet were happy. If you are not a top 25 team then a team like app. state can bite you at any time. There was a lot of heart by Nobles and Powell, so just maybe the "near future" is bright.

thirtythree

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on November 20, 2009, 09:45:34 pm

I don't think anyone will disagree with that. However, we are what we are right now. I think with a fullroster it may not have been that close. I don't know. I think there were a lot of positives tonight. getting Bryant back helped, but we need them all.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Hey, everyone knows that App. State is a nationally respected powerhouse of a program. They're consistently ranked, and have won a lot of tournament games over the years.

Whoo-hoo! We're 2-1! All is well in Hog Land! We're back!

jman

there isnt much to be happy about when Ark struggles to beat the OOC weak teams on their shcedule........and are blown out by a OOC rebuilding Louisville team.  Everyone in the SEC will be tougher than App St.  So really, at this point, what is there to be happy about?  Some of you say a win?  Over who?  App St. is a "Rent A Win"...your supposed to beat them by at least 20

thirtythree

Quote from: jman on November 20, 2009, 09:56:49 pm
there isnt much to be happy about when Ark struggles to beat the OOC weak teams on their shcedule........and are blown out by a OOC rebuilding Louisville team.  Everyone in the SEC will be tougher than App St.  So really, at this point, what is there to be happy about?  Some of you say a win?  Over who?  App St. is a "Rent A Win"...your supposed to beat them by at least 20

There is no turning back for you. You are a true dark-sider.

Table Rocker

Wasn't aware I needed to apologize for being glad we won, Jman and Poorman.

jman

I know what a truly good team looks like...and we dont have one.

Quote from: thirtythree on November 20, 2009, 09:58:57 pm
There is no turning back for you. You are a true dark-sider.

jman

you must be mistaken.  I never asked anything of you....stop making stuff up TR
Quote from: Table Rocker on November 20, 2009, 09:59:19 pm

Table Rocker

If we aren't good enough then [CENSORED] leave, seriously. Go find a powerhouse, you will not be missed. Some of us love the hogs no matter what, you obviously don't, so piss off.

Jborohog09

I'll take a win any way I can get it.  would some of you preferred for the Hogs to have lost?

Table Rocker

Yes Jboro they would. This board would've been much more active had we lost.

thirtythree

Quote from: Jborohog09 on November 20, 2009, 10:02:48 pm
I'll take a win any way I can get it.  would some of you preferred for the Hogs to have lost?

As much as I hate to say this I think there are those people out there. They want the Hogs to lose so CJP can be fired.

jman

The hogs will always be my team regardless of what you think TR, so dont worry about it.  I've never seen anyone who wants to change other folks opinions as badly as you do.  You truly make me laugh.

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 20, 2009, 10:02:19 pm
If we aren't good enough then Franking leave, seriously. Go find a powerhouse, you will not be missed. Some of us love the hogs no matter what, you obviously don't, so piss off.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 20, 2009, 09:59:19 pm

No need to apologize to me, to borrow a page from the Houston Nutt playbook, it's always good to win. But the title of the thread references complaining about how we beat a bad team, I have to chime in.

If we play like we did tonight in conference? We may long for the dizzying 2-15 heights of last year.

Table Rocker

I'm hoping we'll peak later in the year, maybe struggling in non-conf aint so bad after the events of last year, hah.

jman

They dont want to hear the truth.  They'd rather lay in a mudhole than figure out how to get out and clean up

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on November 20, 2009, 10:09:17 pm

If we play like we did tonight in conference? We may long for the dizzying 2-15 heights of last year.

jman

define "peak"......

Peak.......we no longer struggle to beat App St?

Peak......we win 3 games in conf?

Peak......we win 8 games in conf?

Peak we win 12 games in conf?

or the worst of all.....we "Peaked" against Alcorn :'(

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 20, 2009, 10:11:07 pm
I'm hoping we'll peak later in the year, maybe struggling in non-conf aint so bad after the events of last year, hah.

Table Rocker

jman

thirtythree

Quote from: jman on November 20, 2009, 10:15:28 pm
No use in asking you a legit question either

No. What that is called is stooping down to your level so you would understand better.

UltimateHog

You act like struggling to beat App State is terrible, when it's not.

This isn't football, you don't blow out lower named programs with ease like football.

Sorry, just doesn't happen, ask Kentucky fans, ask Syracuse fans...

College basketball is a lot more balanced and diverse than any other sport.

Sometimes you've got to put your brain ahead of your hatred and actually understand the game.

8 wins in conference, even with a subpar team, is very possible.

Auburn and Alabama are very very bad and have lost to Mo State, Cornell, and Central Florida....and if losing to Mo State is any sign of where Auburn is heading....it ain't good.

Marshawn Powell is the best recruit to step on this campus this decade, get your ass off your chair and go buy a ticket and watch an already great player become even better.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Acorn hog

I like the potential this team has, I like discipline on a team. Pel will not change for the people that want to win at all cost!

jman

CalHog

Quote from: jman on November 20, 2009, 10:00:01 pm
I know what a truly good team looks like...and we dont have one.

I happen to know what a good team looks like and I assure you I have seen many more of them than you can even dream of and based on all the stupidity you release on Hogville, I've came to the conclusion that you don't know jack stuff about basketball and i also feel most posters on here will agree.

ge-erdone

Quote from: Oklahoma Diamond Hog on November 20, 2009, 09:34:41 pm

Positives

Nobles and Powell

Negatives

Well, it is all perception OK.  I see it completely different about the players mentioned.   

How can we prove who is right?

You want to hate, then the perception will see nothing but criticism, sarcasim and hate.

Oklahoma Diamond Hog

Quote from: CalHog on November 20, 2009, 10:32:58 pm
I happen to know what a good team looks like and I assure you I have seen many more of them than you can even dream of and based on all the stupidity you release on Hogville, I've came to the conclusion that you don't know jack stuff about basketball and i also feel most posters on here will agree.

I just read the whole conversation between T-Rocker and Jman and I am on T-Rockers side. Of course, I will always be a hogfan and when there is a conversation going between someone that is dissing the team and someone that is calling out the good and supporting the team I choose the happy side.

Side note: if any of you live in Northwest Arkansas and stayed home tonight you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. The need you in the BWA!!!!

phadedhawg

yay...

Some of our fans couldn't get enough of the Hugger vs Hater debates of a few years ago. 

As I remember that started with the Huggers calling the people who said things that hurt their feelings were just "haters".  Later "hugger" became the word of slander...

Who do ya think will come out on top this time???

*shakes head* 

WPS!

Ftsmithmike

Noone wants the Hogs to lose so we can fire Pel. But we will lose so many games Pel will be fired. And he will only be missed by a handful of weak minded boys who need to grow a pair and give up on your hero. No wonder Nutt was able to perpetuate his cult in Arkansas.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on November 20, 2009, 10:52:45 pm
Noone wants the Hogs to lose so we can fire Pel.

This is untrue.  Demonstrably.  Apparently you haven't been around the forum much.  It has been said in exactly those words.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Corndog7 on November 20, 2009, 10:56:46 pm
This is untrue.  Demonstrably.  Apparently you haven't been around the forum much.  It has been said in exactly those words.

Link?

thirtythree

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on November 20, 2009, 10:52:45 pm
Noone wants the Hogs to lose so we can fire Pel. But we will lose so many games Pel will be fired. And he will only be missed by a handful of weak minded boys who need to grow a pair and give up on your hero. No wonder Nutt was able to perpetuate his cult in Arkansas.

Thought you were going to be fair and give him 5 years? Well, of course you think he is in year 4 anyway, so what do you know?

I'm glad you looked right into that crystal ball of yours to see how many games the Hogs will lose.

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Table Rocker

jman

There was a time I would have whipped you at all sports
Quote from: CalHog on November 20, 2009, 10:32:58 pm

Hogbody