Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What if Petrino got in the wishbone and never threw the ball?

Started by Michael11, November 20, 2009, 08:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael11

That is basically what we are seeing with Pelphrey. He came in and told us he would run and press and we would see a turnover driven team. Yet we sit in a zone and run a slow NON-MOTION offense. These are his players folks. He did inherit a large team and we were succesfull in this offense and D. But these are his players all his players and we stink. We have no point guard and we do not screen for Clark and Washington might as well sit on the bench cause he never touches the ball. I hate to vent and not be positive but gosh.. He talks about discipline and im ok with that but these are the guys he recruited.
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

thirtythree

Well geee. Let's just press all game and stay in man to man so we can't play the 2nd half. Great post! :puke:

Table Rocker

Quote from: Michael11 on November 20, 2009, 08:38:51 pm
That is basically what we are seeing with Pelphrey. He came in and told us he would run and press and we would see a turnover driven team. Yet we sit in a zone and run a slow NON-MOTION offense. These are his players folks. He did inherit a large team and we were succesfull in this offense and D. But these are his players all his players and we stink. We have no point guard and we do not screen for Clark and Washington might as well sit on the bench cause he never touches the ball. I hate to vent and not be positive but gosh.. He talks about discipline and im ok with that but these are the guys he recruited.

we have a point guard that has played exactly TWO college basketball games. i think he's gonna be a good player for us, if you want to write him off already but he's got the tools.

mathhog

Michael11

Quote from: thirtythree on November 20, 2009, 08:48:26 pm
Well geee. Let's just press all game and stay in man to man so we can't play the 2nd half. Great post! :puke:
Really... That is an argument. You do realize that other teams press and play all game right. It is called depth. But we don't have depth because he is suspending everyone, everyone that he has recruited!

Michael11

Quote from: mathhog on November 20, 2009, 09:00:04 pm
EPIC FAIL

you dont press with 6 players, buddy
So we have had 6 players every game since Pelphrey has been at Arkansas. Wow thanks for bringing that to my attention. I am not calling for a press i am asking why we give Pelphrey a pass on what he said he was going to do. His own words were uptempo pressure.. Correct or not??

Table Rocker

Quote from: Michael11 on November 20, 2009, 09:01:45 pm
So we have had 6 players every game since Pelphrey has been at Arkansas. Wow thanks for bringing that to my attention. I am not calling for a press i am asking why we give Pelphrey a pass on what he said he was going to do. His own words were uptempo pressure.. Correct or not??

i don't want to argue but you cannot run with anyone with 6 freakin players out there, especially when Cox is getting a ton of minutes. I agree with what you are saying but wait till we have more bodies.

Michael11

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 20, 2009, 09:05:07 pm
i don't want to argue but you cannot run with anyone with 6 freakin players out there, especially when Cox is getting a ton of minutes. I agree with what you are saying but wait till we have more bodies.
I agree man. I do.. My point is why do we not have more bodies. I think discipline is important but these are guys he recruited. You don't see other big time programs (yes we are historically a big time b-ball program) suspending half of their team. Its crazy.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Michael11 on November 20, 2009, 09:17:50 pm
I agree man. I do.. My point is why do we not have more bodies. I think discipline is important but these are guys he recruited. You don't see other big time programs (yes we are historically a big time b-ball program) suspending half of their team. Its crazy.

when Stephen Cox gets double digit minutes you really have to take things with a grain of salt. No knock on him, he busts his ass out there, but he's not a D-1 calibur player. The fact he's having to log that many minutes tells you how poor our depth is right now.

1highhog

AirRebel

You could not find a more beat down, short handed team than Pels KY team during Rick P.'s first year.
Yet Coach P pressed, ran, shot 3's, and did everything he said he was going to do.
You don't learn to play "40 minutes of Pel" by making excuses about why you can't.

thirtythree

Tell me these people breathe air like we do. I am beginning to wonder.

AirRebel

Watch the Fox Sports show on the "unforgettables".
After Sutton ran KY basketball into the dirt, you can see how to rebuild a program.
Pel seems to have learned NOTHING.
Good luck Clarke.

mathhog

Quote from: AirRebel on November 20, 2009, 09:24:00 pm
You could not find a more beat down, short handed team than Pels KY team during Rick P.'s first year.
Yet Coach P pressed, ran, shot 3's, and did everything he said he was going to do.
You don't learn to play "40 minutes of Pel" by making excuses about why you can't.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/roster1988-89.html

I count FIFTEEN PLAYERS on that team.

"SHORT HANDED"??????????

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AirRebel

AirRebel

RazorBacker215

The only problem I have with Pel's idea of basketball is to not use screens. RC should be getting two or three screens every possession to wear his man down knowing that is what the other team is going to try to take away. Not only does this open RC up for more shots but it wears on the other team plus it WILL open things up for RC to pass to the big guys when they try to switch off of the screens.

thirtythree

Quote from: RazorBacker215 on November 20, 2009, 09:38:59 pm
The only problem I have with Pel's idea of basketball is to not use screens. RC should be getting two or three screens every possession to wear his man down knowing that is what the other team is going to try to take away. Not only does this open RC up for more shots but it wears on the other team plus it WILL open things up for RC to pass to the big guys when they try to switch off of the screens.

Seriously?

RazorBacker215

You guys are right, I am wrong, I watched the Louisville game and they didn't use screens but it has been brought to my attention that there were plenty of screens tonight. I apologize.