Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Coach Pelphrey can get Ricardo Ratliffe-The Future Looks Very, Very Bright

Started by GoHogs1091, November 20, 2009, 12:01:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

Quote from: G-HOG on November 20, 2009, 02:32:51 am
Don't ever question my support of our BB team! I just don't put up with medorocricy!

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATA!!!

chiefsfan

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 20, 2009, 01:55:05 pm

Then why the heck is everyone complaining that these recruits arent up to snuff then?   pulling a top 150 player out of your hat...much less 2 for  team that was last place in its conference lass year is a crazy recruiting job
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

woopigsooie89

Pel has signed 8 TOP 150 PLAYERS in 3 years of recruiting.. Granted, two are on their way and Moore and Henry are no longer here. But still..

Brandon Moore, Courtney Fortson, Rotnei Clarke, Jason Henry, Glen Bryant, Marshawn Powell, Mardracus Wade, and Rickey Scott.

Not to mention we have the #55 player in the nation already committed for 2011..

Smokehouse

Quote from: chiefsfan on November 20, 2009, 01:59:52 pm
Then why the heck is everyone complaining that these recruits arent up to snuff then?   pulling a top 150 player out of your hat...much less 2 for  team that was last place in its conference lass year is a crazy recruiting job

I have absolutely no idea. Notice that once they get on the court the complaining about this years freshmen is shifting from recruiting to "coach can't develop them."
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

thirtythree

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 20, 2009, 02:09:39 pm
I have absolutely no idea. Notice that once they get on the court the complaining about this years freshmen is shifting from recruiting to "coach can't develop them."

There will always be excuses. It makes no differense what this team or CJP does. The ones that want him gone will stay that way. Heaven forbid this team does well and CJP doesn't leave it is going to turn into chaos in here. I am going to open up a restraunt and the #1 dish is going to be CROW anyway they want it.

rjmass

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 20, 2009, 12:13:14 pm
Don't get too excited over Juco players.  Over the last 10 years the majority of those guys in the top 20 never amount to much.  There are some that turn out well but most don't.  Last season the #1 Juco player was a 3 star so that means he is equal to signing the #150 kid out of High School.  Most of the teams that are recruiting Juco players are the mid tier schools like Texas Tech, Bama, Ole Miss, Arkansas, K-State, etc.  There are exceptions, such as the year Kansas signed the only two 4 star Juco players in the country, but for the most part they are mid tier talents going to mid tier programs.  For example, guess who is the #5 JUCO player this year?  Andre Clark.

I think Sonny Weems and Ron Brewer were pretty good finds in the JUCO ranks.  Just my opinion
Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

PorkRyan

Quote from: rjmass on November 20, 2009, 02:24:42 pm
I think Sonny Weems and Ron Brewer were pretty good finds in the JUCO ranks.  Just my opinion

Of course there are exceptions but you can look at the top 20 Juco players each year and there are very few guys that end up as stars.

woopigsooie89

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 20, 2009, 02:33:25 pm
Of course there are exceptions but you can look at the top 20 Juco players each year and there are very few guys that end up as stars.

No team is full of stars. At some point you need good, smart players for bodies. Role players are very important.

PorkRyan

Quote from: woopigsooie89 on November 20, 2009, 02:02:18 pm
Pel has signed 8 TOP 150 PLAYERS in 3 years of recruiting.. Granted, two are on their way and Moore and Henry are no longer here. But still..

Brandon Moore, Courtney Fortson, Rotnei Clarke, Jason Henry, Glen Bryant, Marshawn Powell, Mardracus Wade, and Rickey Scott.

Not to mention we have the #55 player in the nation already committed for 2011..

Every player we sign should be top 150 caliber.  Memphis has signed 12 players 4 stars or better during that same time period.

PorkRyan

Quote from: woopigsooie89 on November 20, 2009, 02:35:45 pm
No team is full of stars. At some point you need good, smart players for bodies. Role players are very important.

But the good teams have at least one or two stars, which we don't have.

The Hogfather

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 20, 2009, 02:38:11 pm
Every player we sign should be top 150 caliber.  Memphis has signed 12 players 4 stars or better during that same time period.

Yes, and look at the accomplishments of that team and who they had as coach during that period.  Also, look at the scrutiny they are now under for possible NCAA violations.

It is crazy that they have only signed 4 more top 150 players in that time period.  They should've signed about 8-10 more.

The Boar War

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on November 20, 2009, 12:10:12 am
This is one of the reasons Ratliffe is waiting until Spring to sign.  Also, there is a certain player on the team, who has been heard saying if Pel & Ostrum go, there's a very real possibility he would do the same...

If I were to make this type of comment I would make sure my source is rock solid.  If the player actually said this that's one thing but if you assume that if his coach goes he goes or if you heard somebody else say it the insinuation is probably better left unspoken.

PorkRyan

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 20, 2009, 02:41:23 pm
Yes, and look at the accomplishments of that team and who they had as coach during that period.  Also, look at the scrutiny they are now under for possible NCAA violations.

It is crazy that they have only signed 4 more top 150 players in that time period.  They should've signed about 8-10 more.

Under an NCAA cloud and a new coach whose only experience is coaching an AAU team they have put together the best class in the history of the school and probably the best class in the country.

They signed 12 because they only had 12 offers to give. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 20, 2009, 02:46:28 pm
Under an NCAA cloud and a new coach whose only experience is coaching an AAU team they have put together the best class in the history of the school and probably the best class in the country.

They signed 12 because they only had 12 offers to give. 

3 of their signees this year are from Memphis (2 4-stars and a 5-star).  That doesn't hurt.  Wait until next year for our recruiting class and see what it is ranked.  And, you can't take the fact that Arkansas has about 4 4-star/5-star recruits in the state into consideration.

PorkRyan

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 20, 2009, 02:55:53 pm
3 of their signees this year are from Memphis (2 4-stars and a 5-star).  That doesn't hurt.  Wait until next year for our recruiting class and see what it is ranked.  And, you can't take the fact that Arkansas has about 4 4-star/5-star recruits in the state into consideration.

Three are from Memphis but the top two are from New Hampshire and Georgia.

woopigsooie89

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 20, 2009, 03:31:40 pm
Three are from Memphis but the top two are from New Hampshire and Georgia.

Ok man, we get it.. A program that was in the national championship a couple of years ago is out recruiting us this year. Sweet.. Do we play Memphis? Do we have a recruiting base like Memphis? Have we been relevant lately like Memphis? Let's not compare apples to oranges and be happy that we have a solid class coming in for next year with young men that want to be RAZORBACKS despite all the non-levelheaded fans we have here.

We lost to a nationally ranked team with 6 scholarship players by 30 this week and people are jumping ship like no other.. If we lost by 1 it would still go in the L column. There is no "came close but didn't win" column so who cares. All hog players and recruits deserve our respect. This board has been an embarrassment for the past week.

GoHogs1091

Ricardo Ratliffe is 6'9" 240 lbs.  The below is from ESPN's Evaluation of Ratliffe:

"This young man is a scoring machine in the paint. He is a big time athlete who runs the floor with terrific speed, jumps a second time quickly or jumps over you to score."

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=72280&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d72280%26season%3d2010

ge-erdone

Quote from: G-HOG on November 20, 2009, 02:32:51 am
Don't ever question my support of our BB team! I just don't put up with medorocricy! It has not gotten better the last two years and that is on Pel! It has turned into a circus!!! He recruited the problems and that is a question of leadership abilities to me.

I have been laying low for a long time, but IMHO, he is in over his head.I hope I am wrong but don't call me blind!We all have different opinions but at least I don't resort to telling someone they are wrong for voicing their views.

Thank the lord above that in 2011 Arkansas can produce difference makers for our program!
You do not put up mediorocicy.

I take it you are the head honcho at your company, and they are one of the most profitable in the United States bar none, and would not have it any other way.   No ups and downs whatsoever.

Another George Steinbrenner.

LittleRockHog81

Remember when  Nolan said William Mills could be the next Michael Jordan?  Let's get this man in a Razorback uniform before we say he's better than Corliss or Sidney!  Remember Kenny Hutchison? Supposed to be the best guard ever signed but shot bricks.