Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sounds like some of you want a division among the fanbase

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 19, 2009, 06:50:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

want2be

I am looking for what Long thinks.......If Walton Arena is underseated for quality non conference and conference opponents, he has a tough decision to make. Long also has the pressure of the ESPN contract and expectations from the SEC....No way around it, but money talks.

forrest city joe

Quote from: jman on November 19, 2009, 11:01:57 pm
What I dont like is when you see certain tendencies that begin to show up game to game.  Things that become so obvious that you actually know when the hogs will implode and let the game get out of hand.  Its like body language...you see the players as a unit start to hang their heads, they suddenly dont hustle or get out to guard a 3 and suddenly it unravels right before you eyes and you say......I knew when they scored and we turned the ball over it was over........even though I love the hogs, watch every game I can and cheer for them....I get tired of the same old losing ways game after game after game.....if Gonzaga can win big in college B-ball.....Ark has no excuse.
I feel your pain man. we have now lost 16 of our last 19 games. only beating UGA who had just fired their coach. Bama who had just fired their coach. and Alcorn State, who is flatout terrible. the last time webeat a good team was in the year 2007. im tired of seeing the hawgs lose.

Smokehouse

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 10:18:28 pm
We looked great on the, what, 14 point run.  But RP had said it would come down to who was breathing harder...and we were.  No disgrace to our boys who played their butts off but we were over matched and out coached.  Pel should have had a game plan for Louisville and he didn't.

the reason we were breathing harder was because of the (temporary) lack of depth. How you do game plan to keep your starters from getting tired after playing the entire game?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 19, 2009, 11:10:48 pm
the reason we were breathing harder was because of the (temporary) lack of depth. How you do game plan to keep your starters from getting tired after playing the entire game?

We have a tennis player on the team.  Those guys can go for days without rest.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

jman

I never imagined our b-ball prgram could get so low.  We get excited (actually I dont get exicted about it but its better than sitting at home) if we get an invite to the NIT.....pretty sad.  I went to the Alcorn game.  I knew they were no good, but we did put up 130 and we shot really well, actually better than any Ark teams I've seen in 10 years.   Based on our shooting ability alone, I thought we'd be much tougher against Louisville.  I was sadly mistaken

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 19, 2009, 11:10:46 pm
I feel your pain man. we have now lost 16 of our last 19 games. only beating UGA who had just fired their coach. Bama who had just fired their coach. and Alcorn State, who is flatout terrible. the last time webeat a good team was in the year 2007. im tired of seeing the hawgs lose.

Smokehouse

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 11:12:37 pm
We have a tennis player on the team.  Those guys can go for days without rest.

lol, who's the tennis player, I thought we just had a golfer and a QB. Maybe they could get Cox a golf cart for getting from the bench to the scorer's table when he checks in - might save his legs a little.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

donewithdale

Quote from: want2be on November 19, 2009, 11:07:37 pm

I am looking for what Long thinks.......If Walton Arena is underseated for quality non conference and conference opponents, he has a tough decision to make. Long also has the pressure of the ESPN contract and expectations from the SEC....No way around it, but money talks.

Long has appeared to be a smart businessman.  I'm going to give him the credit of knowing that we would take a big financial hit this season.  But when the reality of it happens and the real decision makers have to actually go through the season and see the money lost, will they still keep Pelphrey?  The offseason donations and the season ticket sales for next season isn't going to increase.  Its a gamble they took in keeping Pel that the 2010-11 season would start bringing the fans back. 

donewithdale

Quote from: jman on November 19, 2009, 11:16:13 pm
I never imagined our b-ball prgram could get so low.  We get excited (actually I dont get exicted about it but its better than sitting at home) if we get an invite to the NIT.....pretty sad

We get excited about the NIT?  Tell me the last time our fan base was excited about the NIT.  You are on the same level as FCJ and I'm not going to have the patience to deal with you.  FCJ is protected here.  I really don't know how you have managed to stay around this long. 

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 19, 2009, 11:16:18 pm
lol, who's the tennis player, I thought we just had a golfer and a QB. Maybe they could get Cox a golf cart for getting from the bench to the scorer's table when he checks in - might save his legs a little.

I think he is a golfer now that you mention it.  You know a golfer can hold his beer.  He's good to go for 18 holes.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

ge-erdone

November 19, 2009, 11:21:11 pm #109 Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 11:24:18 pm by ge-erdone
One more time, doing the math.

If we beat Applachian State tomorrow night, and I strongly believe we can and will, our record for this year, counting the exhibition games will be 4-1.

Not a bad start at all. 

I strongly doubt any team will go undefeated.

Also, we beat Texas and Oklahoma last year.  They were pretty good teams, I believe. 

Where is the truth and reality.

jman

I really dont know what your spouting off about....it was sarcasm bud.  Of course we are not excited about he NIT....but its about all we've had over the past 10 years
Quote from: donewithdale on November 19, 2009, 11:19:06 pm
We get excited about the NIT?  Tell me the last time our fan base was excited about the NIT.  You are on the same level as FCJ and I'm not going to have the patience to deal with you.  FCJ is protected here.  I really don't know how you have managed to stay around this long. 
Quote from: donewithdale on November 19, 2009, 11:19:06 pm

ua_hogs

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 10:01:59 pm
The zone is what killed us.  Louisville knew it and Pel had no answer for it.  Little Ricky told Miss Piggy at the half what he was going to do and he did. 

Of course the zone killed us, what do you expect Pel to do?  It is the only viable option when you don't have depth on the bench.  You can't play man defense for an extended period of time with guys playing 35+ minutes.  Pel had to pick his poison, give up some open looks from 3 and conserve some energy, or give up short inside shots or layups. 

Louisville and "Little Ricky" knew we were going to run a zone a week in advance when the suspensions were announced, because that was are only option.

The Pig

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 07:38:08 pm
Fair weather fans don't give a damn.  True fans do care about how the program is run and they are interested in how problems are handled.  Thank you for your input.

There is a fine line between genuine interest and behavior that is disruptive not only to the fanbase but potentially the team as well.

Many here cross that line regularly. People spout about what they "think" is going on, who they "think" is repsonsible and how they "think" the team should be coached among other things.

All that is well and good but some go overboard in their zeal to express what they "think" and hide behind that "true fan" load of crap.

If you want to be rid of Pelphrey because you found out that Bobby Knight didn't think they set enough screens for Rotnei then so be it.

Personally, I hope the team and their coach make progress this year and build for the future.

mathhog

now joe i know we had a bad year last year but joe you are FUDGING the truth!

we beat #4 OU in 2008 that had the #1 pick in the nba draft
we beat #4 texas in 2009 that had another nba guy selected
heck, our noncon schedule didnt have a bunch of alcorn states -- south alabama won 20 games last year

and as for 2008, the sec schedule with 7 seniors? 
we beat #4 tennessee in the sec semis,
beat a ranked vanderbilt TWICE in 2 weeks,
beat indiana in the NCAAT (coaching situation or not that team had 2 nba players on it!)
absolutely DRILLED ncaat team mississippi state by 20;
ditto a 20 point blowout of florida
and manhandled ncaat team baylor.

all in 2009 and 2008

we had a horrible sec year in '09 no doubt!

but let's not EXAGGERATE when there's no need to!

forrest city joe

Quote from: mathhog on November 20, 2009, 12:38:29 am
now joe i know we had a bad year last year but joe you are FUDGING the truth!

we beat #4 OU in 2008 that had the #1 pick in the nba draft
we beat #4 texas in 2009 that had another nba guy selected
heck, our noncon schedule didnt have a bunch of alcorn states -- south alabama won 20 games last year

and as for 2008, the sec schedule with 7 seniors? 
we beat #4 tennessee in the sec semis,
beat a ranked vanderbilt TWICE in 2 weeks,
beat indiana in the NCAAT (coaching situation or not that team had 2 nba players on it!)
absolutely DRILLED ncaat team mississippi state by 20;
ditto a 20 point blowout of florida
and manhandled ncaat team baylor.

all in 2009 and 2008

we had a horrible sec year in '09 no doubt!

but let's not EXAGGERATE when there's no need to!
You are right and i was wrong about that. the Texas and OU wins seem like a lifetime ago. i give Pel that. but it has been nothing but down hill from there.losing 16 of our last 19 games. it has to stop.NOW!