Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sounds like some of you want a division among the fanbase

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 19, 2009, 06:50:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

November 19, 2009, 06:50:19 pm Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 06:55:48 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
I have actually read post that said Rotnei didn't get the ball because the other players on the team are racist, selfish and numerous other suggestions etc....

Look their is nothing wrong with having a favorite player basketball, football etc.... but how exactly are post like these benefiting the University of Arkansas basketball team. 

When did we start cheering for one player and wishing the other would basically drop off the face of the earth.   I mean these players spend more time in each others company than most you spend at home with family...their teamates are their brothers/family.

Blood, Sweat and tears are shared among this group.   Rotnei has 51 in the opener and 16 in the next because the rest of the team would rather lose than give me the ball?

Its good to have a passion for your team but don't allow your opinion to override rational thought....let's sit back, scream at the game/TV and continue to offer input whether constructive criticism or support and remember:

These 2009/2010 Razorbacks are never as good as they seem 130pts and never as bad 66pts...the answer always lies somewhere in-between.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 19, 2009, 06:50:19 pm
I have actually read post that said Rotnei didn't get the ball because the other players on the team are racist, selfish and numerous other suggestions etc....

Look their is nothing wrong with having a favorite player basketball, football etc.... but how exactly are post like these benefiting the University of Arkansas basketball team. 

When did we start cheering for one player and wishing the other would basically drop off the face of the earth.   I mean these players spend more time in each others company than most you spend at home with family...their teamates are their brothers/family.

Blood, Sweat and tears are shared among this group.   Rotnei has 51 in the opener and 16 in the next because the rest of the team would rather lose than give me the ball?

Its good to have a passion for your team but don't allow your opinion to override rational thought....let's sit back, scream at the game/TV and continue to offer input whether constructive criticism or support and remember:

These 2009/2010 Razorbacks are never as good as they seem 130pts and never as bad 66pts...the answer always lies somewhere in-between.

A post with reason. Thanks WPS.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

neeko501

exactly...and i think i am swearing off jumpball because of it...too many coaches in here not enough fans

Oliver

Here is what I want...a winning basketball team.  A team that reminds me of the good old days.  A team that makes me believe football is something to watch until basketball season starts.  I haven't felt that way in a long time about the Razorbacks. 

I don't really care how or who does it.  I certainly hope it's Pelphrey.  I'm certainly not his biggest fan but I'm rooting for him this year.  The bottom line is that I agree with what you said in another post Stewie.  If Pelphrey improves considerably from last year, then he'll be around to improve next year.  If we see anything resembling 2-14 again, then he will be gone.  Either situation, I'm fine with. 

Wayne Watson

How many screens were set for Rotnei in the Louisville game?  Thanks and I'll hang up and listen.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

neeko501

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 07:24:06 pm
How many screens were set for Rotnei in the Louisville game?  Thanks and I'll hang up and listen.
shanks coach!!!...

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Lanny on November 19, 2009, 07:28:13 pm
How many conference wins last year?

Would that be two?  Time to do something...and the last option is not pretty.  Sorry, folks.  It happens in the real world and it can happen in college basketball.
We don't rent pigs

neeko501

we are two freakin games in people...they are still fun to watch...and btw if you guys wanna be fair weather fans the razorbacks are not a good team to be a fan of

Wayne Watson

Quote from: neeko501 on November 19, 2009, 07:32:58 pm
we are two freakin games in people...they are still fun to watch...and btw if you guys wanna be fair weather fans the razorbacks are not a good team to be a fan of

Fair weather fans don't give a damn.  True fans do care about how the program is run and they are interested in how problems are handled.  Thank you for your input.
We don't rent pigs

40MINSOFHELL

season just started and we have people already crying.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 19, 2009, 06:50:19 pm

When did we start cheering for one player and wishing the other would basically drop off the face of the earth.   I mean these players spend more time in each others company than most you spend at home with family...their teamates are their brothers/family.

Blood, Sweat and tears are shared among this group.   Rotnei has 51 in the opener and 16 in the next because the rest of the team would rather lose than give me the ball?

Stewie i respect your opinions, and i respect you very much. and im one of those who hopes Pel does not fail. i hope im wrong about all of this. you wont find me here glad because we are losing games.and i agree with you that bringing race into this is stupid.(IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT}i want our fanbase togather. but it cant happen when we have now lost 16 of our last 19 games. good god, how bad does it have to get? i hope im wrong like i said. but im with Wayne and Lanny on this.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Wayne Watson

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 19, 2009, 07:38:56 pm

Season just started and how deep is our bench? 
We don't rent pigs

The_Bionic_Pig

If we are under .500 at the end of the 2009/2010 season Pelphrey is GONE!!  I am willing to bet that 20 W's is the magic number and the only reason its not higher is because of the amount of Sophomore/Freshman that will see the majority of the minutes this season.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 19, 2009, 07:45:12 pm
If we are under .500 at the end of the 2009/2010 season Pelphrey is GONE!!  I am willing to bet that 20 W's is the magic number and the only reason its not higher is because of the amount of Sophomore/Freshman that will see the majority of the minutes this season.

fair enough but i hope we dont get mike anderson, i pray we dont get him

forrest city joe

Lord i hope you are right Stewie. im behind the team 100%. but i just see no hope. maby im wrong. but if this thing does not turn this year, we have got to cut our losses. we should have done it after last year.but i have no choice but to hope the guy will get it done this year. i will never(NEVER) hope the hawgs lose games to get rid of a coach.

neeko501

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 07:38:08 pm
Fair weather fans don't give a damn.  True fans do care about how the program is run and they are interested in how problems are handled.  Thank you for your input.
fair weather fans only show up to the game and only watch when they are winning...true fans trust the system...opinions are great...and mine is pel is doing what he can with what he can...fortson seems to have come around...asking the coach to help him get back onto the right path...pels actions have apparently gotten atleast one of the kids attention...

Wayne Watson

Quote from: neeko501 on November 19, 2009, 07:53:44 pm
true fans trust the system.

If that was the case, TCTWF would still be coaching football here.
We don't rent pigs

ua_hogs

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 07:24:06 pm

Got an original comment, or are you a coach now because you watched a game with Bobby Knight? 

The Boar War

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 19, 2009, 07:38:56 pm

Fans have a longer memory than the previous two games.  Our record for the past fifteen games is not so good.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: ua_hogs on November 19, 2009, 08:01:34 pm
Got an original comment, or are you a coach now because you watched a game with Bobby Knight? 

Bobby Knight isn't the only who noticed it.  Listen to the talk shows.  I appreciate your participation but you didn't answer the question.
We don't rent pigs

WilsonHog

Stewie, how I approach this situation is pretty much how I approach life.

Here's what I mean. There are some who in effect say, "You have to support ______. He's the head coach."

Wrong. I don't believe in supporting anyone based on positional authority, in any realm of life. Just because someone happens to be one rung above me doesn't mean they get my respect or my loyalty; they get that if they can get the job done. I'll extend a janitor who does his or her job well infinitely more respect and loyalty than someone above me who does not.

Consequently, I've long since left behind the notion that I have to respect or be loyal to a coach just because he happens to be associated with the Hogs. In fact, because he is associated with my alma mater I will expect more from him than I will any other coach in the country.

neeko501

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 07:55:59 pm
If that was the case, TCTWF would still be coaching football here.
he won about like heath did...but it was equally fun to watch (yawn)...i still watched...and trusted the system...after ten years of it the song and dance got old...they did a good thing for the program by getting rid of him...but they gave him ten years...heath even got 5...in 5 pel will do way more than heath ever did...and be more entertaining than nutt or heath...

dougieritch

Quote from: neeko501 on November 19, 2009, 07:18:53 pm
exactly...and i think i am swearing off jumpball because of it...too many coaches in here not enough fans

^^^THIS PRETTY MUCH HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD^^^

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 08:03:59 pm
Bobby Knight isn't the only who noticed it.  Listen to the talk shows.  I appreciate your participation but you didn't answer the question.

LOL yes because no one how to coach college basketball better than radio show hosts and message board posters.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

neeko501

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 19, 2009, 08:13:50 pm
LOL yes because no one how to coach college basketball better than radio show hosts and message board posters.
ding ding ding...+1000...

ua_hogs

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 08:03:59 pm

Oh, so those callers/hosts on talk shows watched the game on mute?

Do you know what a guy has to do if screens are being set for him?  He has to sprint to take advantage of the screen, not a problem with a full bench giving that player a rest every few minutes.  Is this the reason he didn't get screens?  I don't know, but you have no clue why we didn't set screens for Rotnei and if you think a coach at D1 level, or junior high girls for that matter, doesn't know that screens will get a shooter open, you are ignorant. One of the most basic things in basketball is screening, go to the HPER one afternoon and watch pick-up games with screens being set.  Whatever your opinion of Pel is, he knows what a screen is and how it works.

forrest city joe

Quote from: neeko501 on November 19, 2009, 08:08:59 pm
he won about like heath did...but it was equally fun to watch (yawn)...i still watched...and trusted the system...after ten years of it the song and dance got old...they did a good thing for the program by getting rid of him...but they gave him ten years...heath even got 5...in 5 pel will do way more than heath ever did...and be more entertaining than nutt or heath...
It's not working! as Lanny posted last night, and as i have posted many times. it does not take that long to rebuild a basketball program. look at Pearl at TN, and Capel at OU. and look at us. we dont have the players or the coaching right now. and we are losing a lot of games. it has to stop.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: neeko501 on November 19, 2009, 07:18:53 pm

You're right.  I should change my attitude.

"Rah, Rah, come on Pel.
Let the players cheat and steal.
Don't worry 'cause we won't tell.
Players can curse coaches
but that's ok.
All the fans will look the other way."
We don't rent pigs

ua_hogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 19, 2009, 08:16:43 pm
and we are losing a lot of games. it has to stop.

1-1.

This is a different team than last year, so don't use last years record.

ge-erdone

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 19, 2009, 08:05:05 pm
Stewie, how I approach this situation is pretty much how I approach life.

Here's what I mean. There are some who in effect say, "You have to support ______. He's the head coach."

Wrong. I don't believe in supporting anyone based on positional authority, in any realm of life. Just because someone happens to be one rung above me doesn't mean they get my respect or my loyalty; they get that if they can get the job done. I'll extend a janitor who does his or her job well infinitely more respect and loyalty than someone above me who does not.

Consequently, I've long since left behind the notion that I have to respect or be loyal to a coach just because he happens to be associated with the Hogs. In fact, because he is associated with my alma mater I will expect more from him than I will any other coach in the country.

Were you ever in the military?

forrest city joe

Quote from: ua_hogs on November 19, 2009, 08:23:55 pm
1-1.

This is a different team than last year, so don't use last years record.
You have got to be kidding me. wake up man. its time for the losing to stop. im tired of seeing our kids lose.

ge-erdone

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 08:21:06 pm
You're right.  I should change my attitude.

"Rah, Rah, come on Pel.
Let the players cheat and steal.
Don't worry 'cause we won't tell.
Players can curse coaches
but that's ok.
All the fans will look the other way."

I do not think John Pelphrey has the attitude you are suggesting.

As a matter of fact, that is the reason the players that are not now playing are suspended.

neeko501

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 19, 2009, 08:16:43 pm
It's not working! as Lanny posted last night, and as i have posted many times. it does not take that long to rebuild a basketball program. look at Pearl at TN, and Capel at OU. and look at us. we don't have the players or the coaching right now. and we are losing a lot of games. it has to stop.
wow that had absolutely nothing to do with what i posted..did you even read it?...and...I'm sure you and Lanny are geniuses when it comes to building a basketball program...

Wayne Watson

Quote from: ua_hogs on November 19, 2009, 08:16:43 pm
Oh, so those callers/hosts on talk shows watched the game on mute?

Do you know what a guy has to do if screens are being set for him?  He has to sprint to take advantage of the screen, not a problem with a full bench giving that player a rest every few minutes.  Is this the reason he didn't get screens?  I don't know, but you have no clue why we didn't set screens for Rotnei and if you think a coach at D1 level, or junior high girls for that matter, doesn't know that screens will get a shooter open, you are ignorant. One of the most basic things in basketball is screening, go to the HPER one afternoon and watch pick-up games with screens being set.  Whatever your opinion of Pel is, he knows what a screen is and how it works.

You're right.  He didn't get the screens because the best person to set the screen was under the basket waiting for the ball so he could travel or back into a defensive player and draw a foul.  Dang...how could I forget.
We don't rent pigs

ge-erdone

November 19, 2009, 08:34:39 pm #37 Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:38:33 pm by ge-erdone
Quote from: forrest city joe on November 19, 2009, 08:26:47 pm
You have got to be kidding me. wake up man. its time for the losing to stop. im tired of seeing our kids lose.

What did you think of Petrino coaching after our losses to Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Ole Miss?

Was it we need to fire the coach, or let's forget these games, move on, and try to win the next one and show some improvement.

I believe you posted Pelphrey needs to coach defense to win basketball games.

Did we have defense in the football losses?

FCJ do you understand deep bias hatred and double standard judgement?

Just asking.

YABBBUF

This is why Stewie is my favorite poster.  I always agree 100% with what he posts.  I am also a big family guy fan.
You are welcome Slacker.

ua_hogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 19, 2009, 08:26:47 pm

You're tired of losing after 1 loss?  A game which we all knew we were going to lose due to depth and a superior opponent.  You're not even giving this team a chance, a team that is different and improved once players are reinstated from last year.

forrest city joe

November 19, 2009, 08:41:56 pm #41 Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:44:10 pm by forrest city joe
Quote from: ge-erdone on November 19, 2009, 08:34:39 pm
What did you think of Petrino coaching after our losses to Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Ole Miss?

Was it we need to fire the coach, or let's forget these games, move on, and try to win the next one and show some improvement.

I beleive you posted Pelphrey needs to coach defense to win basketball games.

Did we have defense in the football losses?

FCJ do you understand deed bias hatred and double standard judjement?

Just asking.
You are flatout pitiful. a blind person can see the football program is on the way up. no win or loss will change how i feel about our football program or our coach. and my feelings about Pel is not based on just the game the other night. did you not see last year? the other night looked just like it did in last years 2 and 15 season.i feel we are on our way in football. i do not feel the same way about the BB program. im sorry, but i dont.

ua_hogs

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 08:32:49 pm
You're right.  He didn't get the screens because the best person to set the screen was under the basket waiting for the ball so he could travel or back into a defensive player and draw a foul.  Dang...how could I forget.

Why didn't Mike set screens for Rotnei?  Is there something you know that would enlighten us?  Maybe we could email it to Pelphrey so he can be informed.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: ua_hogs on November 19, 2009, 08:36:35 pm
You're tired of losing after 1 loss?  A game which we all knew we were going to lose due to depth and a superior opponent.  You're not even giving this team a chance, a team that is different and improved once players are reinstated from last year.

How many SEC wins did we have last season?

Do you just look at one season at a time?

Welsh doesn't need to come back.  This is not Welsh's team.  He'll be the same ball hog he was last year.
We don't rent pigs

Hogger

Going to have to disagree with this one.  Barring complete and utter collapse or a scandal, I believe Pelphrey has at least another year.  Marked improvement must be shown (i.e. 5+ wins).  The cupboard was bare folks.  Pelphery, over his head or not, will be given the time to sort things out.  Jeff Long is a smart enough man to know that improvement is not made overnight.

I will agree with most of you.  The state of the program cannot get much worse.  Nothing much to lose right now.  The dignity of the program has been gutted.  Blame Nolan, blame the good ol' boys, blame Heath, or blame Pelphrey.  I don't care.  That doesn't change the pig sty that is Hogball.

ua_hogs

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 08:44:01 pm
How many SEC wins did we have last season?

Do you just look at one season at a time?

Welsh doesn't need to come back.  This is not Welsh's team.  He'll be the same ball hog he was last year.

2, but I guess we shouldn't even play this season since we have 14 losses in SEC play already.

Why would I count last years wins/losses for this season?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: ua_hogs on November 19, 2009, 08:43:04 pm
Why didn't Mike set screens for Rotnei?  Is there something you know that would enlighten us?  Maybe we could email it to Pelphrey so he can be informed.

Who said anything about Mike?  Maybe you know something we don't.   ;D
We don't rent pigs

forrest city joe

Quote from: ua_hogs on November 19, 2009, 08:36:35 pm
Im not talking about just one loss. arkansas basketball has now lost 16 of it's last 19 games. that is unreal. hawg fans have been happy in 3 of our last 19 games. it is not about just one game. the one game was just more of the same.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 19, 2009, 08:50:44 pm
Who said anything about Mike?  Maybe you know something we don't.   ;D

i'm sure he meant mike as in michael washington

The Boar War

Quote from: ua_hogs on November 19, 2009, 08:50:42 pm
2, but I guess we shouldn't even play this season since we have 14 losses in SEC play already.

Why would I count last years wins/losses for this season?

Surely you understand that the wins or losses of one season will reflect on the next season.  If we are to look at one season in and of itself than giving a coach an extra year would make no difference.