Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Total victories

Started by Karma, November 19, 2009, 02:31:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

From this date forward, which coach will have more victories in their career as a Razorback coach?

Bobby Petrino
John Pelphrey

What do you think? Pelphrey coaches 3 times as many games a year, but may not stick around as long.

Porkem

How long do you think Bobby Petrino will hang around? He's got the reputation of being a job hopper...but at least thanks to Mallet, he may have found a permanent home ( I sincerely hope so, at least.)
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

thirtythree

Really? Seriously?

Just for giggles, the Hogs could play 13 games (counting a bowl game). BP would have to go undefeated every year (that they are both here together) to even stand a half a chance.

This thread is ridiculous.

Thirtythree, let's say the Hogs win 15 games this year and Pel doesn't return. Do you believe Petrino won't win 15 more games as a Hog?

thirtythree

Quote from: Karma on November 20, 2009, 06:30:04 am
Thirtythree, let's say the Hogs win 15 games this year and Pel doesn't return. Do you believe Petrino won't win 15 more games as a Hog?

I say he wins more and will be here for more than just a few years. This thread is based on the "assumption" that CJP won't be back. It is a lame attempt really.

As long as there is improvement shown CJP will be back. There is no doubt in my mind. As the seasons grow for CJP it will be more difficult for CBP to pass him. Just simply will run out of time. I don't see CBP being here for more than 7-10 years. I would be totally happy with that too as he would leave the program in good standing for the next guy.

mathhog

um... SERIOUSLY?

crazy question, pel hands down.

or, put it this way:  he won 24? games in year 1, 15 in year 2, and, based on the projections of every kenpom or realetimerpi, we 'should' win 18 MINIMUM this year (with no 'surprise' wins even), so that would give him 67 victories.

by comparison, petrino can max out thisi year at 9 with a bowl win.  add in 5 from last year, that's 14, with 54 victories needed to overtake pel.

BEST case scenario: the hogs win 10+ games 2 out of 3 years, or 3 out of 5.  you're still looking at only about 40-something wins with petrino being here 7 full seasons. 

call me crazy, but i dont see petrino staying here a decade.  i think pel wins.

The poll is from this date forward, so it doesn't include Pel's (or Petrino's) past wins.

And for the record, I'm a Pel supporter.

The_Iceman

winning percentage would be a better question.

bvillepig

I agree winning percentage and throw out rent a wins. 

Conference schedule winning percentage.

Bobby Petrino

Lando Calrissian

Man, look at all of the "off the field" problems Petrino has had during this season.

Just look at them all!

DO NOT compare Petrino to Pelphery.  DO NOT EVEN try.  It will get you laughed out of the room.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 20, 2009, 03:57:04 pm
Man, look at all of the "off the field" problems Petrino has had during this season.

Just look at them all!

DO NOT compare Petrino to Pelphery.  DO NOT EVEN try.  It will get you laughed out of the room.

During the season or before the season?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 20, 2009, 03:57:04 pm

Just look at them all!

During the season or before the season?