Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest RPI ratings: Hogs 162...Appalachian State 179 (out of 348 teams)

Started by Porkem, November 19, 2009, 01:43:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkem

Didn't this team beat us a few years ago in Little Rock...with a deeper, more experienced team than we have now? Appalachian is NOT a cupcake!

To be honest...I think we'll have a tough time winning this game. We can't run (no depth) and if they hang around long enough and hit a few shots...oh geesh, Jump Ball would have a meltdown.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

mathhog

No way.

We win.

Appy state loss 2 years ago was a fluke - they hit 3's out of their mind, and our players were dozing off. 

IIRC, pel also screwed up, he said "if you dont win this game, you dont get thanksgiving"... then, we lost, and he let them go to thanksgiving anway

Porkem

Appalacian State returns 12 players and all 5 starters from last year's team.

Buzz Peterson, their head coach, had a mediocre record at Tennessee (61-59) before being let go...but he has SEC experience...and he's beaten Arkansas.

Plus...he was Michael Jordan's roommate at North Carolina and a front office executive with the Charlotte Bobcats.

Buzz knows a thing or two about basketball...I'm sure he can come up with a good gameplan to beat Arkansas.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Porkem

Isaac Butts, a player on Appalachian State "guaranteed" a victory over Arkansas...funny chit but you've got to like his confidence. Would give you the link but Lanny frowns on putting rivals/scout posts on here.

chiefsfan

the game APSU beat us was when they shot something like 60 percent from 3.   even with our poorous 3 point defense,  I cant imagine the feat being repeated

if they win itll be because they managed to stay with us during the points we went on runs
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.