Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have lived Razorback Basketball since I was in High School

Started by Lanny, November 18, 2009, 08:12:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: elksnort on November 20, 2009, 09:07:31 am
Yes, we'll all get right to this.

Has anyone figured out this is a message board?

Note: Not responding to your post Lando, the one to which you repsonded.

Oh, I know.

-----------------------------------

And no, I do not think that guy has figured out that this is a message board.

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Oklahoma Diamond Hog

WilsonHog

Quote from: Oklahoma Diamond Hog on November 20, 2009, 09:19:44 am
What do you mean? What's a message board?

That means you choose how you get to be a fan, according to your definition.

Leave others to choose for themselves how they will be a fan.

I don't tell anyone else how to be a "true fan," and I don't allow anyone else to tell me how to.

Now if they want to start making my annual contribution to the Foundation, I might give them a little say.   

Oklahoma Diamond Hog

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 20, 2009, 09:44:57 am
That means you choose how you get to be a fan, according to your definition.

Leave others to choose for themselves how they will be a fan.

I don't tell anyone else how to be a "true fan," and I don't allow anyone else to tell me how to.

Now if they want to start making my annual contribution to the Foundation, I might give them a little say.

My opinion, that's all. My bit about supporting the program is a request only, not a demand. We all get frustrated by others opinions on a daily basis. WPS

HoopS

Guys, here is where I am. 

I'm watching this all play out.   I'm still behind coach, but that isn't guaranteed to be perminant.  We simply must improve this season.  I can't put a # on it, but I'll know it if I see it.   I do believe his recruiting has improved.   

If we fail to show me promise, I'll be here with you and watching tail numbers of each jet to and from Drake. 

So I'll watch.  I'll cheer.  I'll hope he gets it done.     If he doesn't ....

Ftsmithmike

I always thought we could get rid of Nutt based on his failures on the field.

Years after he made a mockery of our program it took a fan revolt to remove him. Even after the 2006 fiasco he would never have been removed if not for the fans taking action.
At the time I did not support the fan poll, the banners or the FOI. But the man had become entrenched in the GOB network.
I now have no faith that the normal mechanisms to remove a coach are not functional in the BAC. Thats a fact. Pel will not fire himself. His w/l will not do it. Hes in year 4. If he fails to improve the record it will become about giving him the standard five. ( Heath got five years. Got to be fair) Then if he fails it will be about recruits that are on the way. Rinse and repeat. And he might get us back into the NCAA by 2012.
The hell with that. I dont want a coach that needs a prayer and some luck and possible recruits to make the NCAA in a cpl of years. I want to see how serious this AD is to returning us to a point that a thirty point loss is unacceptable. That a last place SEC finish would be immediate grounds for firing.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

thirtythree

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on November 20, 2009, 11:28:23 am
I always thought we could get rid of Nutt based on his failures on the field.

Years after he made a mockery of our program it took a fan revolt to remove him. Even after the 2006 fiasco he would never have been removed if not for the fans taking action.
At the time I did not support the fan poll, the banners or the FOI. But the man had become entrenched in the GOB network.
I now have no faith that the normal mechanisms to remove a coach are not functional in the BAC. Thats a fact. Pel will not fire himself. His w/l will not do it. Hes in year 4. If he fails to improve the record it will become about giving him the standard five. ( Heath got five years. Got to be fair) Then if he fails it will be about recruits that are on the way. Rinse and repeat. And he might get us back into the NCAA by 2012.
The hell with that. I dont want a coach that needs a prayer and some luck and possible recruits to make the NCAA in a cpl of years. I want to see how serious this AD is to returning us to a point that a thirty point loss is unacceptable. That a last place SEC finish would be immediate grounds for firing.

Might want to fix that. Are you still willing to give him 5 years now? Remember, got to be fair.

want2be

Quote from: elksnort on November 20, 2009, 09:01:19 am
The Razorbacks need to win 7-9 games in conference and make the NIT for me to think that Pelphrey ought to remain as coach.

If Pelphrey can not go about .500 in conference and get an NIT bid then Jeff Long should replace him.

Enough of this "They will not be able to get a good coach if they fire Pelphrey after only 3 years" stuff.

If Pel does not make it....are our odds of signing the Ark highschool players for the 2011 still as good? I would guess Long will give Pel a chance to get that 2011 and see how he does in his 5th year.

I do agree that this year he should be required to win 50% of SEC games and make it to the NIT and keep tickets sales up.

I think we will see when Bryant and Britt come back if we can be competitive enough to meet those goals. I could care less if Welsh ever sees the court again. And if he does he better be a team player.

elksnort

Quote from: want2be on November 20, 2009, 01:06:35 pm

If Pel does not make it....are our odds of signing the Ark highschool players for the 2011 still as good? I would guess Long will give Pel a chance to get that 2011 and see how he does in his 5th year.

I do agree that this year he should be required to win 50% of SEC games and make it to the NIT and keep tickets sales up.

I think we will see when Bryant and Britt come back if we can be competitive enough to meet those goals. I could care less if Welsh ever sees the court again. And if he does he better be a team player.
I am not familiar with the next Arkansas HS class. I am hearing about this Ricardo_____(#1 JC player in the country). He sounds like someone the program sorely needs.

I do live in Jonesboro and know about the Westside kid -Hunter Michelson (sp). I hate to by cynical without seeing the kid in person. Several things: I don't hear much about from the local media. He appears to be very thin. Who else was recruiting him? How quick is he? How strong is he? Can he shoot well? I know for a fact that his competition is not so great. Is he a project?

Bottom line is that we need the players. You do bring up a good question about firing Pelphrey, thus not getting the players we need. I am thinking that a very good coach could still land the guys that Pelphrey and staff were recruiting.