Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have lived Razorback Basketball since I was in High School

Started by Lanny, November 18, 2009, 08:12:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

I would arrange my nights to watch Razorback Basketball.  The Heath hire was a bad hire, going after Altman was terrible.  This all falls back to BAC believing Billy Clyde was coming to Arkansas and firing Heath without a plan B.  As the owner of this site, I try to keep most of my opinions to myself but I am unhappy with the direction of this program.  I have no problem with you guys posting your opinions but I have remained quite for to long over a program I have followed.  There is no way I will accept a program that wins 2 conference games or watch this team have a swinging door for players. 

Enough is enough
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

SLC

Not to mention this team has no idea how to screen to open up the best shooter on the team. 

The lack of fundamentals is absolutely mind boggling.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

jr

Lanny if you fire a coach after 3 seasons would this keep a lot of coaches from pursuing the job?

Table Rocker

Quote from: Lanny on November 18, 2009, 08:12:20 pm
I would arrange my nights to watch Razorback Basketball.  The Heath hire was a bad hire, going after Altman was terrible.  This all falls back to BAC believing Billy Clyde was coming to Arkansas and firing Heath without a plan B. 

so you think firing a coach 2 games into the season would help land us a big name coach? i'm sure all the big names would be lining up to interview.

Lanny

Quote from: jr on November 18, 2009, 08:31:43 pm
Lanny if you fire a coach after 3 seasons would this keep a lot of coaches from pursuing the job?

Nope

Al Bundy

Hawgboy64

Lanny, do you think there is any chance we could land Mike Anderson at the end of the year? If not him, who would everyone like to see be the next head coach?
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on November 18, 2009, 08:37:28 pm
Lanny, do you think there is any chance we could land Mike Anderson at the end of the year? If not him, who would everyone like to see be the next head coach?

Mike Anderson can't even out recruit our curent coach. We don't need him..

40MINSOFHELL

We ain't firing the current head coach

Lanny

I don't care who is the coach, I want to contend for conference championships.The biggiest worry is what seed will the Razorbacks receive in the big dance.

Al Bundy

The_Iceman

Lanny, i have lived it too. I have been coming to game in BWA with my dad since I was 6, and now I attend the UofA and have gone to just about every home game since (I'm close to securing tickets to all the games this year).

I have seen the demise of this program under Nolan, us being forces to hire Heath and the problems that caused, then getting embarrassed looking for a coach and finally having to settle for John Pelphrey.

My question is: is it really Pelphrey's fault? is it his fault that Broyles and Long couldn't get anyone better to come here? is it his fault Nolan and Heath left him with nothing to work with after that senior class?
He was forced into taking risks with some questionable players to try to put a winning team on the court because he was left with Welsh, Washington, Sanchez, and Britt.

I am upset. I am upset that Pelphrey suspended these players and that it is putting guys like Nobles and Clarke in physical jeopardy because of the minutes they are having to log. I would rather him run their guts out, bring them off the bench, and not let them play at the end of games. I feel that would be just as big of a punishment as suspending them "indefinitely", which I hate. (BTW, i know the real story behind the allegations at the frat house)

But, with that being said, coming on this board and bashing Pelphrey and the players two games into the season is not the answer, and in fact, it is pretty immature. We need to rally behind this team with our full support every game until the end of the season, and then we go after him. Its not fair for Clarke, Sanchez, Nobles, and the rest of the guys that have been doing things the right way for us to abandon them.

WilsonHog

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 18, 2009, 08:43:14 pm

You're right....

"We" ain't.

That's Jeff Long's decision to make.

I keep reading about this poster or that poster not having an "exit strategy" for Pel.

I don't need an exit strategy; his job security doesn't rest in my hands.

Everything isn't always as it seems.

The_Bionic_Pig

I personally think Mike Anderson would return in a heartbeat.....but before we all "Kum Ba Ya" watch Missouri and see if they even make the NIT this season he has more rebuilding to do over their this season than we do...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Porkatarian

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 18, 2009, 08:43:14 pm

I have a feeling you're going to be really disappointed by the end of the season.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 18, 2009, 08:48:54 pm
I have a feeling you're going to be really disappointed by the end of the season.

Porkatarian out...

then I guess I am ready to start back at square 1....so I guess we can forget about the recruits next year and the ones in 2011?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 18, 2009, 08:46:35 pm
You're right....

"We" ain't.

That's Jeff Long's decision to make.

I keep reading about this poster or that poster not having an "exit strategy" for Pel.

I don't need an exit strategy; his job security doesn't rest in my hands.

Everything isn't always as it seems.

That's what I have been saying for months let Coach Pelphrey fire himself....if we don't show a vast improvment he is gone...no if's...and's or but's!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 18, 2009, 08:52:43 pm
That's what I have been saying for months let Coach Pelphrey fire himself....if we don't show a vast improvment he is gone...no if's...and's or but's!!!

great call Stewie.

fuzion1

Arkansas was and still is a top program in basketball.  Do not sell ourselves short.  We will get a good coach.  All we have to do is fork over the cash.

Razorod

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 18, 2009, 08:51:23 pm
then I guess I am ready to start back at square 1....so I guess we can forget about the recruits next year and the ones in 2011?
if this season in any way shape form or fashion resembles last season you can forget about them as well. it has already been posted that one of the big three isn't overly impressed with the way things are right now, so keeping pel may actually hurt our chances with one of them.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

forrest city joe

I would arrange my nights to watch Razorback Basketball.  The Heath hire was a bad hire, going after Altman was terrible.  This all falls back to BAC believing Billy Clyde was coming to Arkansas and firing Heath without a plan B.  As the owner of this site, I try to keep most of my opinions to myself but I am unhappy with the direction of this program.  I have no problem with you guys posting your opinions but I have remained quite for to long over a program I have followed.  There is no way I will accept a program that wins 2 conference games or watch this team have a swinging door for players. 

Enough is enough
I love it. Lanny im with you 100% on this. there is nothing that can be done now until the end of the season.so i hope im wrong and this thing turns around. would love to see us make the NCAA's this year. i dont mind one bit being wrong if it means the hawgs are winning. i want all the excuses for losing gone. i want to see the hawgs winning.PERIOD!

Lanny

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 18, 2009, 09:04:07 pm
I love it. Lanny im with you 100% on this. there is nothing that can be done now until the end of the season.so i hope im wrong and this thing turns around. would love to see us make the NCAA's this year. i dont mind one bit being wrong if it means the hawgs are winning. i want all the excuses for losing gone. i want to see the hawgs winning.PERIOD!

I agree Joe 100%

Al Bundy

forrest city joe

November 18, 2009, 09:12:11 pm #20 Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:21:33 pm by forrest city joe
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 18, 2009, 08:52:43 pm
I love your post. we may not agree on everything. but i know you love this program and want what is best for it. and you respect others opinions. you know i hope im wrong about Pel and we win. i want the hawgs to win. if that means i was wrong about Pel, so be it. it's will not be the first or last time i was wrong.im behind the program 100%. just tired of the program being this bad.

want2be

Our program has spent too much to continue to put up with a back sliden approach.

Pel may end up some day as being a great coach......but his formula is not working.

If the fans don't fill up the seats, then Jeff Long has to narrow his options....At this point we could not fill Barnhill 1.

dddollars

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 18, 2009, 08:46:24 pm
Lanny, i have lived it too. I have been coming to game in BWA with my dad since I was 6, and now I attend the UofA and have gone to just about every home game since (I'm close to securing tickets to all the games this year).

I have seen the demise of this program under Nolan, us being forces to hire Heath and the problems that caused, then getting embarrassed looking for a coach and finally having to settle for John Pelphrey.

My question is: is it really Pelphrey's fault? is it his fault that Broyles and Long couldn't get anyone better to come here? is it his fault Nolan and Heath left him with nothing to work with after that senior class?
He was forced into taking risks with some questionable players to try to put a winning team on the court because he was left with Welsh, Washington, Sanchez, and Britt.

I am upset. I am upset that Pelphrey suspended these players and that it is putting guys like Nobles and Clarke in physical jeopardy because of the minutes they are having to log. I would rather him run their guts out, bring them off the bench, and not let them play at the end of games. I feel that would be just as big of a punishment as suspending them "indefinitely", which I hate. (BTW, i know the real story behind the allegations at the frat house)

But, with that being said, coming on this board and bashing Pelphrey and the players two games into the season is not the answer, and in fact, it is pretty immature. We need to rally behind this team with our full support every game until the end of the season, and then we go after him. Its not fair for Clarke, Sanchez, Nobles, and the rest of the guys that have been doing things the right way for us to abandon them.

I agree with most of what you say.... But I still think within the next year or so JP will have us on the right track ....It took a long time to get where we are.... We have been on a down hill journey for many years. And it will take at least that long to get us back were we need to be going. And if we make more dume mistakes like firing coach's after just a year or two... We will never make it back.. I know these are words no fan base wasn't to hear... But lets be patient for the next two years then we will talk. If we don't have a winning recorded in the SEC in two years then maybe it is time to make a change. But who is going to take Pels place Mike Anderson? That's a joke. No former Nolan assistant will ever coach here. So who? Bill Self? Pel is all we have for now.... Patients

HawgAdvocate

I would arrange my nights to watch Razorback Basketball..... There is no way I will accept a program that wins 2 conference games or watch this team have a swinging door for players. 

Enough is enough

I still do plan my nights round Hog basketball. I understand there are peaks and valleys. I still cheer my guys on and know that throwing in the towel on them as a fan won't do diddley squat to help turn it around. I know packed arenas full of rabid Hog fans put the nail in the coffin for both Oklahoma and Texas last year. If you've had enough, then stop stressing about it and leave the true fans to support them. You'll be back eventually.

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 18, 2009, 08:48:40 pm
I personally think Mike Anderson would return in a heartbeat.....but before we all "Kum Ba Ya" watch Missouri and see if they even make the NIT this season he has more rebuilding to do over their this season than we do...

Exactly. Amen.

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 18, 2009, 08:48:54 pm
Porkatarian out...

Heard that one before.

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 18, 2009, 08:51:23 pm

That would be the most likely scenario. Lord knows Mike A couldn't land Drake or Rickey the first time, how would he do it after we clean house once again? The "shoot first, ask questions later, ignore reality" mentality has always baffled me.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Smokehouse

Quote from: fuzion1 on November 18, 2009, 08:54:46 pm
Arkansas was and still is a top program in basketball.  Do not sell ourselves short.  We will get a good coach.  All we have to do is fork over the cash.

like we did last time? Don't get me wrong, I would love to get a big name coach in here, but I think the "we're a top program" mindset is what got us in trouble the last time around. We've fallen pretty far from grace, and being good in the 90s isn't going to do us squat for right now. We're at a point where it's going to take massive rebuilding (we were at that point when Heath left us an entire team graduating at once) and any coach is going to be able to see that.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Blue35

Quote from: want2be on November 18, 2009, 09:14:07 pm

Our program has spent too much to continue to put up with a back sliden approach.

Pel may end up some day as being a great coach......but his formula is not working.

If the fans don't fill up the seats, then Jeff Long has to narrow his options....At this point we could not fill Barnhill 1.
This is the biggest problem with Pel at the moment, empty seats.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Blue35 on November 18, 2009, 09:33:14 pm

based on what? one game against a glorified high school team? and don't even bring up exhibitions.

The Boar War

Quote from: want2be on November 18, 2009, 09:14:07 pm

I want to believe that Pelphrey can bring us back but at this point I'm not even sure what the formula is. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2009, 09:32:06 pm
I still do plan my nights round Hog basketball. I understand there are peaks and valleys. I still cheer my guys on and know that throwing in the towel on them as a fan won't do diddley squat to help turn it around. I know packed arenas full of rabid Hog fans put the nail in the coffin for both Oklahoma and Texas last year. If you've had enough, then stop stressing about it and leave the true fans to support them. You'll be back eventually.

Exactly. Amen.

Heard that one before.

That would be the most likely scenario. Lord knows Mike A couldn't land Drake or Rickey the first time, how would he do it after we clean house once again? The "shoot first, ask questions later, ignore reality" mentality has always baffled me.
What makes you think Lanny or myself are not true fans? we want a top program again and dont think Pel can give it to us. that does not make us none fans. we are not sitting here in hope of the hawgs losing so Pel can get fired. just see little hope that it's going to work out. i need hope!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Blue35 on November 18, 2009, 09:33:14 pm

We've always had very scant non-conference attendance numbers over the past 10 years. It'sa process. Once we start getting our legs back under us, the attendance #s will take care of themselves.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 18, 2009, 09:37:49 pm
What makes you think Lanny or myself are not true fans? we want a top program again and dont think Pel can give it to us. that does not make us none fans. we are not sitting here in hope of the hawgs losing so Pel can get fired. just see little hope that it's going to work out. i need hope!

I'm in it through thick and thin. You're not. It's simple.

You jump ship within two seasons of a totally revamped roster on a team that has only won one NCAA tourney game in more than 10 years.

I hope you don't play the market FCJ. You don't seem to have the vision or the patience to see things through to the end.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2009, 09:40:29 pm
I'm in it through thick and thin. You're not. It's simple.

You jump ship within two seasons of a totally revamped roster on a team that has only won one NCAA tourney game in more than 10 years.

yep you are right...i am with ya

ua_hogs

Quote from: Lanny on November 18, 2009, 08:44:56 pm
I don't care who is the coach, I want to contend for conference championships.The biggiest worry is what seed will the Razorbacks receive in the big dance.

I didn't realize we were already out of contention this year. 

trufanofhogs

Lanny, I understand how you feel. I started going to Hog basketball games in the sixties. I witnessed the beginning of the Sutton years, the renovation of Barnhill, our being an elite program for about 25 years, year in and year out, as we were coached by 2 Hall of Fame coaches.  I also am somewhat dismayed at the condition our program is in now.

Sutton was kind of an "up and comer" when he started here.  I guess we sort of got lucky with him.  Nolan was considered to be an elite top ten coach even by the Dick Vitale crowd at the time he started here. Now we've gone through Heath the "one hit wonder", Dana "what the hell was someone thinking?" Altman, and John Pelphrey. At first, I thought perhaps we got lucky again with Pelphrey.  Now, you really have to wonder if this guy is not in way over his head. But we have to suck it up through this season.  Hopefully, we will see improvement throughout the year as more players become eligible again.  The chemistry seems better than last year with the addition of Nobles, Powell and Farmer. But to play the style we try to play you just need more than 6 Division 1 scholarship athletes.

If this team does not finish above .500 and do postseason, a coaching change is essential.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 18, 2009, 09:32:14 pm
We're at a point where it's going to take massive rebuilding (we were at that point when Heath left us an entire team graduating at once) and any coach is going to be able to see that.

Then what the hell has Pel done for 2.5 years.  Everybody says that firing Pel will leave us back at square one.  Well then he has done a poor job of doing anything on the job.  Unfortunately your probably right though. 

Smokehouse

Quote from: LRMedHawg on November 18, 2009, 09:44:40 pm
Then what the hell has Pel done for 2.5 years.  Everybody says that firing Pel will leave us back at square one.  Well then he has done a poor job of doing anything on the job.  Unfortunately your probably right though. 

Pel is getting good recruits in. The class we got in this year should add solid depth (once the suspensions/injuries are over) and we've already got some good ones lined up.

The timing of his initial hire left him scrambling for recruits and he had to take some risks, unfortunately they blew up in his face. He's correcting it now, and won't be put in the position to take such high-risk character recruits again.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

razorhead94

Unless we hire a homerun, firing pel right now would be the worst thing to do.  We went through this 3 years ago.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

dhornjr1

Quote from: trufanofhogs on November 18, 2009, 09:42:53 pm
Lanny, I understand how you feel. I started going to Hog basketball games in the sixties. I witnessed the beginning of the Sutton years, the renovation of Barnhill, our being an elite program for about 25 years, year in and year out, as we were coached by 2 Hall of Fame coaches.  I also am somewhat dismayed at the condition our program is in now.

Sutton was kind of an "up and comer" when he started here.  I guess we sort of got lucky with him.  Nolan was considered to be an elite top ten coach even by the Dick Vitale crowd at the time he started here. Now we've gone through Heath the "one hit wonder", Dana "what the hell was someone thinking?" Altman, and John Pelphrey. At first, I thought perhaps we got lucky again with Pelphrey.  Now, you really have to wonder if this guy is not in way over his head. But we have to suck it up through this season.  Hopefully, we will see improvement throughout the year as more players become eligible again.  The chemistry seems better than last year with the addition of Nobles, Powell and Farmer. But to play the style we try to play you just need more than 6 Division 1 scholarship athletes.

If this team does not finish above .500 and do postseason, a coaching change is essential.

Like all Hog fans, I'm not happy with the current state of the basketball program. But I just cannot get on the "Fire Pelphrey" bandwagon as of yet. Hell, I didn't want Heath gone until after the 2005-2006 season. By that time, he had all his own players and should have shown remarkable strides. But there were none, only baby steps.

I was very happy when Pelphrey was hired. His pedigree was second to none: Eddie Sutton, Rick Pitino, Billy Donovan.

I keep hoping that he will flip a switch and become the coach that his lineage suggests he could be.

I gave Heath four years, it would be a disservice to Pelphrey to not afford him the same.

SECGUY

2 conference wins - exact same number Houston Dale has over Bobby Petrino. Petrino kicked kids off. In basketball, you kick 3-6 off you're in trouble. I think that you should run the life out of them instead of suspending them but the NCAA has coaches handcuffed in that if you make a mistake in recruiting, obvious we have, you can't get rid of them due to graduation ratings and scholarship limits. 2 wins in conference does suck, watching the anointed one lose to HDN twice is the same pain for me. Get off Pelphrey until Bobby can beat Hootie.

forrest city joe

Bingo! right on the money. it is as if Pel just got here yeasterday. these same excuses are just unreal.

Table Rocker

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 18, 2009, 09:51:20 pm
Bingo! right on the money. it is as if Pel just got here yeasterday. these same excuses are just unreal.

thought you were gonna spend less time on jump ball?

Razorod

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2009, 09:32:06 pm

i wouldn't rag anderson's recruiting this season, especially when compared to pel's. telep has mizzou at #16 and the hogs didn't even make the best of the rest category.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

40MINSOFHELL

November 18, 2009, 09:58:06 pm #42 Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:00:17 pm by 40MINSOFPEL
Quote from: Table Rocker on November 18, 2009, 09:52:13 pm
thought you were gonna spend less time on jump ball?

no he told me lanny said he can stay and write as much as he wants about firing pel...that's what i was told..nothing new (I added the he writing about firing pel cuz that's all he says)

The_Iceman

Quote from: dddollars on November 18, 2009, 09:15:58 pm
I agree with most of what you say.... But I still think within the next year or so JP will have us on the right track ....It took a long time to get where we are.... We have been on a down hill journey for many years. And it will take at least that long to get us back were we need to be going. And if we make more dume mistakes like firing coach's after just a year or two... We will never make it back.. I know these are words no fan base wasn't to hear... But lets be patient for the next two years then we will talk. If we don't have a winning recorded in the SEC in two years then maybe it is time to make a change. But who is going to take Pels place Mike Anderson? That's a joke. No former Nolan assistant will ever coach here. So who? Bill Self? Pel is all we have for now.... Patients

in other posts, i have stated that I believe Pelphrey is heading in the right direction. i was referring to how what has happened up to now isn't all Pel's fault and I was addressing that more to Lanny.

I also do not think Mike Anderson is the answer, because he was partially responsible for what happened with recruiting and the fallof our program at the end of the Nolan era. He would have to pick up his recruiting to be able to make it here.

I believe with a full roster this year, we will be between 6 to 8 wins in conference. Then with the incoming recruiting class and hopefully Ratliff, we will be in the 9-12 range in 2010-2011.

hogzilla3

Quote from: fuzion1 on November 18, 2009, 08:54:46 pm
Bingo!!! What he said.

ErieHog

Then what the hell has Pel done for 2.5 years.

Gotten us into the NCAA tournament for the only time in the last decade; gotten us our only tournament win of the last decade;  replaced 10 of the 12 scholarship slots, and managed to break up the 7 scholarships-coming free every 4th year logjam;  demanded academic accountability to the point of putting players down who didn't have their academic houses in order....

Those would be major, major things that he's done, that the previous administrations were either incapable of  doing or unwilling to do.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

The Boar War

Quote from: SECGUY on November 18, 2009, 09:49:56 pm
2 conference wins - exact same number Houston Dale has over Bobby Petrino. Petrino kicked kids off. In basketball, you kick 3-6 off you're in trouble. I think that you should run the life out of them instead of suspending them but the NCAA has coaches handcuffed in that if you make a mistake in recruiting, obvious we have, you can't get rid of them due to graduation ratings and scholarship limits. 2 wins in conference does suck, watching the anointed one lose to HDN twice is the same pain for me. Get off Pelphrey until Bobby can beat Hootie.

You support Pelphrey (in part) because Petrino didn't beat Houston Nutt?

If Pelphrey came to us from the NBA, had the same winning percentage that Petrino had as a college coach, brought in a 5-star player, and showed consistent growth throughout the season these situations might be comparable.

The Boar War

Quote from: ErieHog on November 18, 2009, 10:08:42 pm
Gotten us into the NCAA tournament for the only time in the last decade; gotten us our only tournament win of the last decade;  replaced 10 of the 12 scholarship slots, and managed to break up the 7 scholarships-coming free every 4th year logjam;  demanded academic accountability to the point of putting players down who didn't have their academic houses in order....

Those would be major, major things that he's done, that the previous administrations were either incapable of  doing or unwilling to do.

Out of the three major achievements the scholarship distribution is the best and most often overlooked. 

Root66

Eddie Sutton is available. I saw him last night at Kiel Center Savvis Center ScottTrade Center or whatever they call it this week. He looked like the Syracuse orangeman with a very little white hair. If he could only stay sober.

thirtythree

An old saying, "Be careful what you wish for because you might just get it".

Firing CJP would be the dumbest move this university could make. IMO, it would be worse than getting rid of another certain coach. It is totally unrealistic to think that this program could be fixed within a matter of 2 -3 years. As low as this program has sunk, according to most of you, it will take longer than that to get it back. Say most of you get your way and get rid of CJP. You then get your "dream coach" to replace him. Then, he has the same success as the previous coach did. What will you say then?

CJP is the man to get this program turned around. He has got great recruits right now and some very good recruits committed for the future. You fire him now you take a chance at losing what is already coming. You have no guarantee what so ever that you will get better. You would have better odds playing russian roulette with a 9MM pistol.

Support the program or you will be the ones to blame. Some say we have the best fans. I say they should look somewhere else.