Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fortson?

Started by jwhite_13, November 18, 2009, 02:00:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jwhite_13

Where is everyone getting all this info that he is done for the semester or possibly kicked off the team or that he won't be back in forever? There were MULTIPLE suspensions last year that had the tagline "indefinitely" with them and none of them lasted over 3 games. He may be back the 3rd game he may be back later. Plus all of you are acting like this entire suspension is Pel's fault that its this long.....He said Courtney approached HIM and told HIM he needed to get some personal things straight. Sounds like Courntey is going through a growing up process and that Pel is helping him along with that. Once it is over I think you will see him continue his dominance on the floor and be a better person off. 

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

3kgthog

Drug habit? Get a girl pregnant? Sick family member? I wonder what these issues are.

The_Bionic_Pig

November 18, 2009, 02:28:45 pm #3 Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 02:31:06 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Look at it this way say Fortson does bolt for the $$$ whether overseas, or NBA roster after tryouts...

It just opened up a spot for Nobles Teamate #38 ranked player (Rivals) in the country (who just happens to be a PG)rejoins him on the hill unless Adonis Thomas jumps on the offer.  Either way we Arkansas is in fantastic shape.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jwhite_13

If fortson bolts and our APR takes another hit.....we dont have the scholarship to give out next year....Not good for Arkansas

jwhite_13

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 18, 2009, 02:18:10 pm
Ok.

I know this was a little bit of a rant but I'm just really tired of hearing about people complaining about suspensions......and all these ppl that think they know everything about everything that really don't know anything about anything saying that he will be out forever when they really don't have a clue.

Lando Calrissian

Sorry, but I think they are better off without him.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

SharpTusk

Quote from: jwhite_13 on November 18, 2009, 02:00:27 pm
Where is everyone getting all this info that he is done for the semester or possibly kicked off the team or that he won't be back in forever? There were MULTIPLE suspensions last year that had the tagline "indefinitely" with them and none of them lasted over 3 games. He may be back the 3rd game he may be back later. Plus all of you are acting like this entire suspension is Pel's fault that its this long.....He said Courtney approached HIM and told HIM he needed to get some personal things straight. Sounds like Courntey is going through a growing up process and that Pel is helping him along with that. Once it is over I think you will see him continue his dominance on the floor and be a better person off.

I'm not against you here.  You're exactly right that "indefinite suspensions" are not predictable as to time.  Pelphrey has given some which have lasted a single game and some that have gone on for months. 

Some indefinite suspensions last year lasted for more than 3 games.

One thing I'm not clear on is why Fortson would be suspended indefinitely as opposed to taking an agreed leave of absence (or something similar) if Fortson came to Pelphrey and said that he had x, y, z to take care. 

Unless Fortson admitted to violating team rules or academic rules when he went to Pelphrey, why "suspend" him?   
Writer on  hog database

oldbooniehog

Last night, during the Hog slaughter on ESPN, the ESPN talking heads said that Pel had told them that Fortson was not practicing with the team, but that Stefan Welsh was practicing with the team.

Not practicing with the team sounds like off the team to me.

I mean especially if Welsh is still practicing with the team.

Think about that one for a second.....Welsh suspended but still practicing....Fortson suspended and no longer practicing with the team.

SharpTusk

Quote from: oldbooniehog on November 18, 2009, 02:50:28 pm
Last night, during the Hog slaughter on ESPN, the ESPN talking heads said that Pel had told them that Fortson was not practicing with the team, but that Stefan Welsh was practicing with the team.

Think about that one for a second.....Welsh suspended but still practicing....Fortson suspended and no longer practicing with the team.

There's no obvious rhyme or reason to suspensions from practice either. 
Writer on  hog database

The Pig

Quote from: SharpTusk on November 18, 2009, 02:54:11 pm
There's no obvious rhyme or reason to suspensions from practice either.

And there is no "reason" in your continued beating on this same subject in every other thread. Your point is made, move on.

Chuck Beavers

When Knight mentioned that his solution to player problems was make them run steps, the first thing I thought of was, "Would Fortson run the steps or just say no way?"

I have no idea what is going on, but the fact that Fortson is not practicing suggests to me that he has not been receptive to the punishment that Pelfrey has imposed. Maybe not practicing is the punishment. Very weird all the way around.

I hope these supensions help because fans are losing interest very quickly.

jwhite_13

This makes a little more sense now......I just didnt know where anyone was coming up with this stuff but I can understand that. I just didn't want to stand here and take all that as truth while thinking ppl basically were making it up. But it has a little backing to it. That is wierd that he isn't even practicing anymore yet he played the two exhibition games even though Welsh didnt?

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: The Pig on November 18, 2009, 02:58:47 pm
And there is no "reason" in your continued beating on this same subject in every other thread. Your point is made, move on.

That subject is the single most important and relevant factor affecting Hog hoogs right now.

That same subject (suspensions and lack of players) is also being used as a crutch by those who fail to see what is going on with the b-ball program.

Heck, one guy today even said that he thought the team would've WON had the suspended players been present.   Riiiiiight.

To me right now, it's not an issue of *when* they will be back, but if they *should* be back.

jwhite_13

I don't know if we would have won last night but I feel like we would have at least made more of a game out of it and might have had a chance come the end of the game.

Breems

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 18, 2009, 02:46:22 pm
Sorry, but I think they are better off without him.

Yea, we sure showed it last night.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: ImissBrewer on November 18, 2009, 03:50:37 pm
Yea, we sure showed it last night.

Sorry, but they lose that game by 30 even WITH Welsh/Fortson.

I'd rather lose and have these young players (who actually play hard) grow up on their own than lose and have Welsh/Fortson poison them.

Breems

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 18, 2009, 03:56:45 pm
Sorry, but they lose that game by 30 even WITH Welsh/Fortson.

Don't care about Welsh, but with Fortson, there is no way we would have lost the game by 30.  No matter how much you care about his off the court issues.

Lando Calrissian

Fortson doesn't change that game one bit.  He's just another 6'0 guard for Louisville to shoot over.

football17

Dignity and class is more important than APR or losing a scholarship.

Breems

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 18, 2009, 03:58:53 pm
Fortson doesn't change that game one bit.  He's just another 6'0 guard for Louisville to shoot over.

And I suppose we would have came out victorious last year against Oklahoma without him? 

Fatmanhog

it really makes me want to scream when college atheletics had come to what you fans want. Win at all cost eh? why not just go ahead and pay them and lets just wait till we are caught and get probation and then we would really suck but hey it would be worth to some of you guys to go ahead and just win now and piss on the future. you guys have your head stuck so far up Fortsons ass that you can each other. Get out of his ass and back to reality, he wont play here acting like he has and im glad he doesnt.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: ImissBrewer on November 18, 2009, 04:00:07 pm
And I suppose we would have came out victorious last year against Oklahoma without him?  K.

I suppose you didn't see any of the 16 conference games last year?  K.

I know they beat Georgia with him.  That's a start (I guess).

The Hogfather

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 18, 2009, 03:02:25 pm
Heck, one guy today even said that he thought the team would've WON had the suspended players been present.   Riiiiiight.

That was me.  And I stick by that statement.  It was apparent to anyone without an agenda that we were able to hang with them and actually lead them until about halfway through each half.  That is where those other 5 bodies would've come in.  They would've provided MUCH NEEDED depth.  That was the difference in the ballgame.

Lando Calrissian

Hang in there?  Again, I applaud the effort given last night, but I think they gave Louisville "almost" their best shot...

And still lost by 30.

SharpTusk

That subject is the single most important and relevant factor affecting Hog hoops right now.

That same subject (suspensions and lack of players) is also being used as a crutch by those who fail to see what is going on with the b-ball program.

Heck, one guy today even said that he thought the team would've WON had the suspended players been present.   Riiiiiight.

To me right now, it's not an issue of *when* they will be back, but if they *should* be back.

Thanks.
Writer on  hog database

The Pig

November 18, 2009, 04:43:51 pm #26 Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:47:54 pm by The Pig
That subject is the single most important and relevant factor affecting Hog hoogs right now.

So he pulls a FCJ and continually rants about the same thing over and over in every other stinking thread?

Smokehouse

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 18, 2009, 04:27:54 pm
Hang in there?  Again, I applaud the effort given last night, but I think they gave Louisville "almost" their best shot...

And still lost by 30.

we played a team running a heavy press and our starters had to stay in for practically the entire game. We hung with them for the first part of each half. No way we lose by 30 if we have some more bodies to rotate in there.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

SharpTusk

Quote from: The Pig on November 18, 2009, 04:43:51 pm
So he pulls a FCJ and continually rants about the same thing over and over in every other stinking thread?

I "continually rant[] about the same thing over and over in every other stinking thread."

Really ??   None of the posts below are rants on others' threads, and all were posted today. 

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: I just have one simple question   on: Today at 04:22:50 PM

Quote from: batmanfan on Today at 03:32:01 PM
Can someone please name 1 thing Pel has consistently done well in his time here?  This isn't a flame, just a question for anyone....hater lover in between, etc.

He's looked like he was ready to blow a gasket in the coach's box pretty consistently.

He's been frank about his team's ability or lack of ability. 

He's been honest, it seems, in his assessment of played games.

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: pel has recruited 4 players that he kicked off the team   on: Today at 03:18:42 PM
Quote from: songofthesword on November 17, 2009, 07:38:40 PM
fortson
clark
moore
henry

dude we suck. you can't blame that on anyone BuT pel. he recruited em.

we have 6 Franking scholoarship players. We ar ARKANSAS BASKETBALL, one of the most storied basketball teams in the country and we have 6 Franking players! 6! only 3 of which would sniff the floor in our 94 season

Be precise!  Here are players who came in to play for Pelphrey excluding walk-ons, Marcus Monk, and Nate Rakestraw who was a Heath signee:

5/15/2007   Michael Sanchez   
5/15/2007   Marcus Britt   
8/13/2007   Levan Patsatsia   
11/22/2007   Andre Clark

11/22/2007   Rotnei Clarke
11/22/2007   Courtney Fortson
11/22/2007   Terrance Joyner
11/22/2007   Brandon Moore
11/22/2007   Daniel Payne   
           Montrell McDonald, Transfer
4/14/2008   Jason Henry, Transfer
11/19/2008 Anthony Borden

11/19/2008 Jemal Farmer
11/19/2008 Marshawn Powell     
4/20/2009  Julysses Nobles
4/29/2009  Glenn Bryant
4/29/2009  Delvon Johnson
Jeff Peterson, Transfer from Iowa 

The names in bold either never made it to Arkansas or are no longer at Arkansas.

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: After Spending the Evening in Jump Ball, I Know One Thing for Certain   on: Today at 02:34:16 PM
Quote from: The Pig on Today at 08:50:18 AM
So your intellegince is measured by your ability to do a little internet research then sprain your shoulder patting yourself on the back?

Not sure thats the type of intelligence he was referring to in his statement.

"thats"

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: After Spending the Evening in Jump Ball, I Know One Thing for Certain   on: Today at 09:56:49 AM
So your intellegince is measured by your ability to do a little internet research then sprain your shoulder patting yourself on the back?

"intellegince"

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: After Spending the Evening in Jump Ball, I Know One Thing for Certain   on: Today at 06:37:17 AM
Quote from: WilsonHog on November 17, 2009, 08:38:51 PM
Finding intelligent basketball discussion here is like trying to find a condom in a convent.

I can deal with Razorback fans who like Pel and with those who don't.

What I can't deal with are Razorback fans who are too ignorant to have intelligent takes, regardless of what side they are on.

If you can't contribute something meaningful to the board, and do it in a way that makes us believe you graced the door of a high school English classroom at least once....do the rest of us a favor and shut up.

You're embarrassing us.

But don't dare be too intelligent, you'll never get a response. 

Detailed John Pelphrey's Use of Suspensions with Citation

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: Who deserves the blame for the current state of affairs??   on: Today at 05:40:05 AM

Some of it's got to include simple cycles of programs from stronger to weaker.

Don't forget the NCAA investigation that had classes of recruits bugging off Arkansas. 

Whether it was justified or not, Nolan's lawsuit was a sign of turmoil for years. 

Broyles' miscalculation in bringing Gillispie here was a disaster.  I'm positive that everything was in place until the Kentucky job opened.  Interim basketball coach, Glyn Cyprien joined Gillispie as did the UA Fort Smith head coach who was set to join Sonny Weems at Arkansas. 

Add the Dana Altman fiasco.

Writer on  hog database

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 18, 2009, 05:03:35 pmNo way we lose by 30 if we have some more bodies to rotate in there.

No way we go 2-14 (AGAIN!) with Fortson and Welsh either...right?

The Pig

Quote from: SharpTusk on November 18, 2009, 05:26:20 pm
I "continually rant[] about the same thing over and over in every other stinking thread."

Really ??   None of the posts below are rants on others' threads, and all were posted today. 

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: I just have one simple question   on: Today at 04:22:50 PM

Quote from: batmanfan on Today at 03:32:01 PM
Can someone please name 1 thing Pel has consistently done well in his time here?  This isn't a flame, just a question for anyone....hater lover in between, etc.

He's looked like he was ready to blow a gasket in the coach's box pretty consistently.

He's been frank about his team's ability or lack of ability. 

He's been honest, it seems, in his assessment of played games.

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: pel has recruited 4 players that he kicked off the team   on: Today at 03:18:42 PM
Quote from: songofthesword on November 17, 2009, 07:38:40 PM
fortson
clark
moore
henry

dude we suck. you can't blame that on anyone BuT pel. he recruited em.

we have 6 Franking scholoarship players. We ar ARKANSAS BASKETBALL, one of the most storied basketball teams in the country and we have 6 Franking players! 6! only 3 of which would sniff the floor in our 94 season

Be precise!  Here are players who came in to play for Pelphrey excluding walk-ons, Marcus Monk, and Nate Rakestraw who was a Heath signee:

5/15/2007   Michael Sanchez   
5/15/2007   Marcus Britt   
8/13/2007   Levan Patsatsia   
11/22/2007   Andre Clark

11/22/2007   Rotnei Clarke
11/22/2007   Courtney Fortson
11/22/2007   Terrance Joyner
11/22/2007   Brandon Moore
11/22/2007   Daniel Payne   
           Montrell McDonald, Transfer
4/14/2008   Jason Henry, Transfer
11/19/2008 Anthony Borden

11/19/2008 Jemal Farmer
11/19/2008 Marshawn Powell     
4/20/2009  Julysses Nobles
4/29/2009  Glenn Bryant
4/29/2009  Delvon Johnson
Jeff Peterson, Transfer from Iowa 

The names in bold either never made it to Arkansas or are no longer at Arkansas.

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: After Spending the Evening in Jump Ball, I Know One Thing for Certain   on: Today at 02:34:16 PM

"thats"

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: After Spending the Evening in Jump Ball, I Know One Thing for Certain   on: Today at 09:56:49 AM

"intellegince"

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: After Spending the Evening in Jump Ball, I Know One Thing for Certain   on: Today at 06:37:17 AM
Quote from: WilsonHog on November 17, 2009, 08:38:51 PM
Finding intelligent basketball discussion here is like trying to find a condom in a convent.

I can deal with Razorback fans who like Pel and with those who don't.

What I can't deal with are Razorback fans who are too ignorant to have intelligent takes, regardless of what side they are on.

If you can't contribute something meaningful to the board, and do it in a way that makes us believe you graced the door of a high school English classroom at least once....do the rest of us a favor and shut up.

You're embarrassing us.

But don't dare be too intelligent, you'll never get a response. 

Detailed John Pelphrey's Use of Suspensions with Citation

Razorback Discussion / Jump Ball / Re: Who deserves the blame for the current state of affairs??   on: Today at 05:40:05 AM

Some of it's got to include simple cycles of programs from stronger to weaker.

Don't forget the NCAA investigation that had classes of recruits bugging off Arkansas. 

Whether it was justified or not, Nolan's lawsuit was a sign of turmoil for years. 

Broyles' miscalculation in bringing Gillispie here was a disaster.  I'm positive that everything was in place until the Kentucky job opened.  Interim basketball coach, Glyn Cyprien joined Gillispie as did the UA Fort Smith head coach who was set to join Sonny Weems at Arkansas. 

Add the Dana Altman fiasco.

LOL, you just made my point again, you did a little research (whether it is accurate or not I could care less) and you posted it, you patted yourself on the back for it in other threads and you continue to post about it.

I call it a rant, you call it what you like, after the first several times it became drivel.

Breems

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 18, 2009, 05:27:41 pm

Yes, I suppose it would be moral victory 504,325 to go 2-14 without Fortson...

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: ImissBrewer on November 18, 2009, 07:00:13 pm
Yes, I suppose it would be moral victory 504,325 to go 2-14 without Fortson...

The future of the program would be better off should that scenario play itself out.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 18, 2009, 07:46:51 pm
The future of the program would be better off should that scenario play itself out.

thats horse crap.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 18, 2009, 05:27:41 pm

I don't think we go 2-14 even without them, assuming we still get Bryant and Britt back and Sanchez comes back to play some minutes off the bench. With them plus Fortson back we definitely don't go 2-14.

Welsh I can go without. Not only is he a head case off the court but he hardly contributes on it.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 18, 2009, 08:22:48 pm
I don't think we go 2-14 even without them, assuming we still get Bryant and Britt back and Sanchez comes back to play some minutes off the bench. With them plus Fortson back we definitely don't go 2-14.

Welsh I can go without. Not only is he a head case off the court but he hardly contributes on it.

i agree, with just those three back we are a much better team than what we saw against UL. I hope we get Fortson back, but those three will be huge additions due to providing depth.

Nobles/ (hopefully Fortson)
Clarke/Britt
Farmer/Bryant/Mitchell
Powell/Sanchez
Washington/Johnson

Breems

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 18, 2009, 07:46:51 pm

We need Fortson.  Simple.  Nobles showed flashes of talent, but he is the only other true pg.  Who do you expect to back him up when he's tired in SEC play?  Fortson doesn't come back... we lose more games due to Nobles not being able to play 40 mins a game every game and with no other PG to lead the team.  More whiners.  More hate.  Less butts in seats.  No one that can truly get to the basket at will.  Think about it, who would you give the ball to in the last few seconds down by one?

rjmass

I don't know and do not not have any way of knowing, but I thought I heard reported that CF approached CP about needing some help in his life, if I remember right, I thought CP said he and the University would help him.  Maybe the reason he is not practicing right now and not at the gym during practice, is maybe he is getting that help he requested.   Don't know just a thought.  I know under the privacy laws CF private life is protected from disclosure as a student.  Just offering something to think about. 
Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

Breems

QuoteI don't know and do not not have any way of knowing, but I thought I heard reported that CF approached CP about needing some help in his life, if I remember right, I thought CP said he and the University would help him.  Maybe the reason he is not practicing right now and not at the gym during practice, is maybe he is getting that help he requested.   Don't know just a thought.  I know under the privacy laws CF private life is protected from disclosure as a student.  Just offering something to think about.

I hope this is true.  Sort of sounds like a rumor started by a Fortson fan though.

rjmass

Nope not a Fortenson fan, however he does bring excitement to the floor when he plays. I personally think its time for him to go, but I do support Pel and the Hogs who are putting it on the floor for us every night.  Just a thing I heard.  I made sure it was clear, in my post that it was not a intended to be the gospel.

If he is allowed back on the team, hopefully it will be with a new attitude (and haircut, I am old school).  If he is not, then whoever is playing in his place has my support while they are representing the hogs.

Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

GuvHog

Quote from: ImissBrewer on November 18, 2009, 11:36:47 pm
I hope this is true.  Sort of sounds like a rumor started by a Fortson fan though.

It's not a rumor, it's true. It was discussed in the pregame the other night.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rjmass

Thanks, thought I had heard it but was not sure enough to provide support.
He was a wise man.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: ImissBrewer on November 18, 2009, 09:52:29 pm
We need Fortson.  Simple.  Nobles showed flashes of talent, but he is the only other true pg.  Who do you expect to back him up when he's tired in SEC play?  Fortson doesn't come back... we lose more games due to Nobles not being able to play 40 mins a game every game and with no other PG to lead the team.  More whiners.  More hate.  Less butts in seats.  No one that can truly get to the basket at will.  Think about it, who would you give the ball to in the last few seconds down by one?

We need Fortson like the Knicks need Iverson.

No thanks!

Breems

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 20, 2009, 03:38:01 pm
We need Fortson like the Knicks need Iverson.

No thanks!

Shall you be suiting up to backup Nobles should Fortson go this year? 

No thanks!

cobra kai

November 20, 2009, 04:16:08 pm #44 Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:17:51 pm by cobra kai
Quote from: ImissBrewer on November 20, 2009, 04:12:46 pm

No thanks!

Lando is actually a heck of a baller.  he's more of a small-forward though.

Clarke is our backup pg right now.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: ImissBrewer on November 20, 2009, 04:12:46 pm

No.

If Nobles has to play 40 mins a game, then so be it.  He seems like a good, hardworking kid and I'd rather see him take his lumps than have Fortson (and/or Welsh) around to screw with his head.

You seem to forget that they went 2-14 WITH Fortson last season.

moses_007

Well he'll be as rusty as a rusty nail IF and WHEN he returns.

Blue35

I think we need to get him back. Kick his little ass and make him work. He should straighten up. We really do need his talent.