Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No depth or not and the suspensions or not...

Started by HognotinMemphis, November 18, 2009, 11:06:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Hogs continue the decade long tradition of not caring and/or not being physically able to defend the 3 pt shot. What did Louisville shoot from 3 pt range, 75%? That was better for them than attempting layups! LOL!

Glad some of you were able to enjoy the big win over Alcorn High School. As I said then, that was clearly a case of much ado about nothing.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Breems

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 18, 2009, 11:06:48 am
Glad some of you were able to enjoy the big win over Alcorn High School. As I said then, that was clearly a case of much ado about nothing.

Thanks bro!  We did enjoy it.  We love hog ball.  WPS!

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Lanny

Quote from: ImissBrewer on November 18, 2009, 03:56:09 pm

How much did you enjoy those 2 conference wins last year?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

BigHog396

Hogs continue the decade long tradition of not caring and/or not being physically able to defend the 3 pt shot. What did Louisville shoot from 3 pt range, 75%? That was better for them than attempting layups! LOL!

I guess you really don't understand much of anything about basketball.  We played a zone most of the night, BECAUSE of the suspensions and lack of depth, and anyone who knows the first thing about basketball knows the open 3 is the biggest weakness of a 2-3 zone.

And by the way, they shot 39.5% from 3-point land last night... but don't let a little thing like FACTS get in the way of your bashing of this team.

Earl

Quote from: Lanny on November 18, 2009, 07:55:33 pm

What do you suggest we do?....Fire Pel now?....Hire whom?...........

The_Iceman

Quote from: Lanny on November 18, 2009, 07:55:33 pm

What do you expect after losing:

Weems, Beverley, Townes, Hill, Thomas, Hunter, and Ervin
then losing McDonald, Monk, and Henry for most of the year

and being left with a team of: Fortson (fresh), Clarke (fresh), Welsh (junior, avg. less than 5 ppg the year before), Sanchez (freshman, and Washington (avg. less than 5 ppg the year before), Britt, and two true freshman projects at post?

We had no depth and the team wore down physically. Heath left Pelphrey nothing, but yes Pelphrey didn't bring in the best class. Because of the state of the program, he had to take a reach on some talented players with potential character problems (not so much potential anymore).

So the question is: how much of this really is his fault? Is it his fault the administration couldn't get a better coach and had to go with an up-and-comer who probably wasn't ready?

ua_hogs

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 18, 2009, 08:02:10 pm
I guess you really don't understand much of anything about basketball.  We played a zone most of the night, BECAUSE of the suspensions and lack of depth, and anyone who knows the first thing about basketball knows the open 3 is the biggest weakness of a 2-3 zone.

And by the way, they shot 39.5% from 3-point land last night... but don't let a little thing like FACTS get in the way of your bashing of this team.

No need to guess, he doesn't understand anything about basketball.  Anyone with any knowledge of the sport knows the 2-3 zone's weakness is perimeter shooting.  And they also know that you can't play man to man with 5/6 players for 40 minutes, or even 5 minutes if you plan to keep those players in the whole game.

Boarcephus

Just runs deeper than that.  At least when Petrino recruits someone he has a plan for them.  JP recruits RC, one of the finest shooters in the country but has trouble creating a shot, and then expects him to create his shot.  You know that a coach like Petino or Coach K, if they had a player like RC, they'd be screening for him all game long getting him open looks.

I'm fed up with bb and the season is 2 games old.  If by some miracle we are competitive, there's always room on the bandwagon. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

The_Bionic_Pig

The problem is some offer reasonable post with a intellectual point with the complaint...other just give the WE SUCK or start 50 different thread with the same exact complaint.... and they seem to get lumped together. 

After 100+ post of moaning fans it get's old quick....its good to discuss your frustration but would it hurt to offer a more in depth solution other than fire a coach look for another?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SLC

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 18, 2009, 08:28:54 pm
Just runs deeper than that.  At least when Petrino recruits someone he has a plan for them.  JP recruits RC, one of the finest shooters in the country but has trouble creating a shot, and then expects him to create his shot.  You know that a coach like Petino or Coach K, if they had a player like RC, they'd be screening for him all game long getting him open looks.

I'm fed up with bb and the season is 2 games old.  If by some miracle we are competitive, there's always room on the bandwagon. 

I feel you bro.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

SLC

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 18, 2009, 08:39:16 pm
The problem is some offer reasonable post with a intellectual point with the complaint...other just give the WE SUCK or start 50 different thread with the same exact complaint.... and they seem to get lumped together. 

After 100+ post of moaning fans it get's old quick....its good to discuss your frustration but would it hurt to offer a more in depth solution other than fire a coach look for another?

Screen for the shooter?  It's a start. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: ImissBrewer on November 18, 2009, 03:56:09 pm

I agree. I will continue to enjoy the process Coach Pel and team are going through adversity this season. Time heals all wounds.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Earl on November 18, 2009, 08:04:16 pm

What do you suggest we do?....Fire Pel now?....Hire whom?...........

I said it last year andi will say it now. Pel shouls have been fired after that 2 and 15 disgrace of last year. Jeff Long made a big mistake bringing this guy back. he is in way over his head.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 18, 2009, 08:44:23 pm
I agree. I will continue to enjoy the process Coach Pel and team are going through adversity this season. Time heals all wounds.

Wins do.... I think it will take a trip to March Madness for him to keep his job or at the very least be on the bubble with all these Sophomore's & Freshmen.   

The problem is it sets up something horrific if he doesn't succeed because players will transfer, recruits will want out of their LOI's and the 2011 class will have to be recruited from scratch....APR will most definitely hit us dead in the mouth....

3-4 more yrs of rebuilding and that is main reason Coach Pelphrey must, must succeed this YEAR!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WilsonHog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 18, 2009, 09:02:50 pm
Wins do.... I think it will take a trip to March Madness for him to keep his job or at the very least be on the bubble with all these Sophomore's & Freshmen.  

The problem is it sets up something horrific if he doesn't succeed because players will transfer, recruits will want out of their LOI's and the 2011 class will have to be recruited from scratch....APR will most definitely hit us dead in the mouth....

3-4 more yrs of rebuilding and that is main reason Coach Pelphrey must, must succeed this YEAR!!!

Let me ask a question, Stewie.

First, I agree with your post.

Now...would having Fortson or Welsh help Pel achieve that or hurt him?

Brass Knob

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 18, 2009, 08:55:42 pm
I said it last year andi will say it now. Pel shouls have been fired after that 2 and 15 disgrace of last year. Jeff Long made a big mistake bringing this guy back. he is in way over his head.

Last year was awful... I dont think anyone can disagree with that.  However, sometimes you have to think long term.  There is no coach worth having willing to come here right now (remember two years ago).  The UofA has to gain some stability and be at least semi-competitive before we even think of firing him.  Seriously, who do think we can get at the end of this year?  Pel had a bad situation he came into.  He deserves at least this year and next year if improvement has been shown. Besides I highly doubt any good recruits want a situation were coaches are being shipped in out every two years. 

Lanny

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 18, 2009, 09:02:50 pm

It doesn't take long to rebuild a Basketball program. 
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Boarcephus

Quote from: Brass Knob on November 18, 2009, 09:07:34 pm
There is no coach worth having willing to come here right now (remember two years ago).

You don't know this as a fact and it nothing more than pure speculation on your part.   You can't convince me that given the opportunity under the right circumstances (and perhaps better leadership) we can't do better than what we have.  I'll also say this, Jeff Long is batting 0-2 because he can't claim Petrino since he literally fell into his lap and was nothing more than blind ass luck.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

BigHog396

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 18, 2009, 08:55:42 pm
One of these days you will learn to count, and realize our SEC record was 2 and 14 last year. (Hint:  There are only 16 SEC games on our schedule every year)

WilsonHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 18, 2009, 09:17:01 pm
You don't know this as a fact and it nothing more than pure speculation on your part.   You can't convince me that given the opportunity under the right circumstances (and perhaps better leadership) we can't do better than what we have.  I'll also say this, Jeff Long is batting 0-2 because he can't claim Petrino since he literally fell into his lap and was nothing more than blind ass luck.

He's not going to deserve a whole bunch of credit for the next hire.

Maybe a little, as a bridge-builder.

HawgAdvocate

November 18, 2009, 09:24:16 pm #20 Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:35:29 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: Lanny on November 18, 2009, 09:15:03 pm

Define "rebuild."

How many were "rebuilt" in two seasons after revamping the entire roster?

Who out there has done so much, with so little time? In the past decade, name me 3 coaches in the entire country who have taken a team that hadn't won a NCAA toruney game the previous 8 seasons, lost 90+% of the entire roster, and hit the top 25 within two seasons.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

sshawg

It will take longer than you think.  Clarke's dad has already said, if Pel goes, he goes. And what about the recruits we already got signed.  Who's going to want out of their LOI? It will be a crap shoot for the triplets &, I'm guessing we'll have problems signing any of those guys.  It's like, pick your poison.  I'm not happy, but the only thing that I can see that won't be disaster, is things to get better this year./  We've got help on the way.  Hang on to the liferaft .

dhornjr1

Indiana University, one of the most storied basketball programs in history, has been struggling for almost 15 years.

Sure, Mike Davis took them to the NCAA Finals in 2002, but since the 1994-95 season, Indiana has won zero outright Big-Ten titles and hasn't made it past the second round of the NCAA tournament with the exception of that 2002 anomaly.

Six of those seasons were presided over by Bobby Knight, the winningest coach in NCAA Division 1 men's basketball history.

The University of Michigan longs for the days of Johhny Orr and Bill Frieder to return.

How long does it take?

forrest city joe

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2009, 09:24:16 pm
Define "rebuild."

Who out there has done so much, with so little time? In the past decade, name me 3 coaches in the entire country who have taken a team that hadn't won a NCAA toruney game the previous 8 seasons, lost 90+% of the entire roster, and hit the top 25 within two seasons.
Ohio state turned it around overnight with the Oden/Conley class. went to the final game with 3 or 4 true freshmen starting. Kansas State 2 or 3 years ago went from nothing to the NCAA's with Mike Beasley and Bill Walker.and Bruce Pearl turned TN around overnight. he took an NIT team to the NCAA's every year. with little drop off. stop making excuses. the time is up for excuses.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 18, 2009, 09:17:53 pm
One of these days you will learn to count, and realize our SEC record was 2 and 14 last year. (Hint:  There are only 16 SEC games on our schedule every year)

The SEC tournament included a Razorback team against an SEC foe, hence the name for the tournament.  We lost that, our first and only game, thus leading to the 15th loss.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2009, 09:24:16 pm
Define "rebuild."

I don't think we need to be a top 25 team right now to be happy.  I just want to be in the top 64 and be better than teams like Ole Miss, Georgia, ect. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: LRMedHawg on November 18, 2009, 09:54:46 pm
The SEC tournament included a Razorback team against an SEC foe, hence the name for the tournament.  We lost that, our first and only game, thus leading to the 15th loss.
we lost 15 of the 17 sec games we played.PITIFUL.and the only 2 wins were over teams that had just fired their coaches.BAMA and UGA.

HawgAdvocate

November 18, 2009, 10:00:08 pm #27 Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:06:43 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: forrest city joe on November 18, 2009, 09:43:43 pm
Ohio state turned it around overnight with the Oden/Conley class. went to the final game with 3 or 4 true freshmen starting. Kansas State 2 or 3 years ago went from nothing to the NCAA's with Mike Beasley and Bill Walker.and Bruce Pearl turned TN around overnight. he took an NIT team to the NCAA's every year. with little drop off. stop making excuses. the time is up for excuses.

Thad Matta took over for Jim O'Brien in 2004, and went 20-12 but was ineligible for postseason play due to Jim O'Brien for giving $6k to a foreign kid. Oh, and the years before O'Brien left? They were in the Final Four in 1999. He was also coach for the 2000 and 2002 Big Ten regular-season co-championships, the 2002 Big Ten Tournament Championship, four 20-win seasons and a school record four-consecutive NCAA tournament appearances.

Yeah, Matta really "turned it around overnight." Oh, and by the way, it was Matta's 3rd season at OSU where he went to the championship. Matta hasn't won a tourney game since. Without Oden and Conley's one season, he has just one Big Dance win at Ohio St. in 4 seasons.

Bob Huggins came in to K-State and took them to the NIT in his first year, after Jim Wooldrige won 32 game the prior two years. Hiring dalonte Hall got them Mike Beasley, but Frank Martin took over after Huggs left. They won one Big Dance game under Martin, then went back tothe NIT last year after one season with Beasley. Way to "turn it around overnight."

Bruce Pearl is a decent example though. You're still 1 out of 3 though. The other two are laughable.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

BigHog396

Quote from: LRMedHawg on November 18, 2009, 09:54:46 pm
Once again... We were 2-14 in SEC play last year.  Go back and look at our yearly records, and you will quickly notice that there are always a total of 16 SEC games listed.  The SEC tournament doesn't count as part of our conference record, thus leading to 14 losses.  It's just a hand-full on here that want to suddenly begin including our SEC Tournament games in our conference record, since they think it makes their position a little stronger.  There wasn't a single poster listing our conference record as 11-8 the season prior.

BigHog396

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 18, 2009, 09:59:13 pm
we lost 15 of the 17 sec games we played.PITIFUL.and the only 2 wins were over teams that had just fired their coaches.BAMA and UGA.
You still can't count.  There were only 16 SEC GAMES!

The_Iceman

Quote from: dhornjr1 on November 18, 2009, 09:36:55 pm
Indiana University, one of the most storied basketball programs in history, has been struggling for almost 15 years.

Sure, Mike Davis took them to the NCAA Finals in 2002, but since the 1994-95 season, Indiana has won zero outright Big-Ten titles and hasn't made it past the second round of the NCAA tournament with the exception of that 2002 anomaly.

Six of those seasons were presided over by Bobby Knight, the winningest coach in NCAA Division 1 men's basketball history.

The University of Michigan longs for the days of Johhny Orr and Bill Frieder to return.

How long does it take?

Wow, great point.

Indiana is a great example.

BigHog396

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2009, 10:00:08 pm
Thad Matta took over for Jim O'Brien in 2004, and went 20-12 but was ineligible for postseason play due to Jim O'Brien for giving $6k to a foreign kid. Oh, and the years before O'Brien left? They were in the Final Four in 1999. He was also coach for the 2000 and 2002 Big Ten regular-season co-championships, the 2002 Big Ten Tournament Championship, four 20-win seasons and a school record four-consecutive NCAA tournament appearances.

Yeah, Matta really "turned it around overnight." Oh, and by the way, it was Matta's 3rd season at OSU where he went to the championship. Matta hasn't won a tourney game since.

Bon Huggins came in to K-State and took them to the NIT in his first year, after Jim Wooldrige won 32 game the prior two years. Hiring dalonte Hall got them Mike Beasley, but Frank Martin took over after Huggs left. They won one Big Dance game under Martin, then went back tothe NIT last year after one season with Beasley. Way to "turn it around overnight."

Bruce Pearl is a decent example though. You're still 1 out of 3 though. The other two are laughable.
It's pretty easy to laugh at FCJ... he never seems to have an intelligent point to back up any of his opinions.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 18, 2009, 10:00:35 pm
Once again... We were 2-14 in SEC play last year.  Go back and look at our yearly records, and you will quickly notice that there are always a total of 16 SEC games listed.  The SEC tournament doesn't count as part of our conference record, thus leading to 14 losses.  It's just a hand-full on here that want to suddenly begin including our SEC Tournament games in our conference record, since they think it makes their position a little stronger.  There wasn't a single poster listing our conference record as 11-8 the season prior.

Same back at ya for using the statistics you want.  He didn't say regular season SEC play.  He just said SEC.  Sorry but I count that as a loss when talking about the SEC the same way I would count a win in the SEC championship game in football.  I get tired of you guys critiquing his use of 2-15 with that meaningless excuse as I do seeing him post it.

dhornjr1

Joe, I'm not trying to argue with you and I would never question your love of the Hogs by saying you're not a "true fan".

But, I would like to know if you wanted Nolan fired his first couple of years when the team was just not very good; 12-16 his first year and almost losing to Arkansas State in the NIT his second year. He had problems with players as well. I'm sure you remember Ron Huery's difficulties away from the court and William Mills' many problems.

And later when the rape allegations surfaced with Todd Day, Darrell Hawkins, Elmer Martin, and Roosevelt Wallace, were you equally as outraged then as you are about these most recent rape allegations?

RazorBacker215

So would it be accurate to say that Pel is slightly better than an interim coach?

BigHog396

Quote from: LRMedHawg on November 18, 2009, 10:07:56 pm
Same back at ya for using the statistics you want.  He didn't say regular season SEC play.  He just said SEC.  Sorry but I count that as a loss when talking about the SEC the same way I would count a win in the SEC championship game in football.  I get tired of you guys critiquing his use of 2-15 with that meaningless excuse as I do seeing him post it.
I am not using "the statistics" I want... I am using THE STATISTICS.  Pretty simple.  If you want to link ANY credible media source that lists us with a 2-15 SEC record last year, have at it.  Our media guide, ESPN, SECSports.com, CNNSI, etc, etc, etc ALL list our SEC record as 2-14 last year, because that WAS our SEC record last year.  No one has ever added our SEC Tournament record to our SEC record before FCJ and a bunch of other jokers started it last year.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 18, 2009, 08:02:10 pm

First of all, when the Hogs had a full compliment of players, you pick the season in any of the last 10, and regardless of what defense they employed throughout any game, they couldn't defend the 3. But don't let Razorback basketball history affect your thinking. Secondly, I'll assume your stat on Louisville's 3 pt shooting is correct...40%. Two questions:

what % did Louisville shoot from the field overall? and;

what % did Hogs shoot from the field?

If you can shoot 40% from 3 pt range, you'll win the game every time, assuming you attempt more than 5 or 6 shots from 3 range. However, what do I know about basketball? I've been following Hog bball since only the '75 season.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 18, 2009, 10:19:13 pm
I am not using "the statistics" I want... I am using THE STATISTICS.  Pretty simple.  If you want to link ANY credible media source that lists us with a 2-15 SEC record last year, have at it.  Our media guide, ESPN, SECSports.com, CNNSI, etc, etc, etc ALL list our SEC record as 2-14 last year, because that WAS our SEC record last year.  No one has ever added our SEC Tournament record to our SEC record before FCJ and a bunch of other jokers started it last year.
Relax. I don't care for your tone. Thanks.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 18, 2009, 08:10:02 pm
What do you expect after losing:

Weems, Beverley, Townes, Hill, Thomas, Hunter, and Ervin
then losing McDonald, Monk, and Henry for most of the year

and being left with a team of: Fortson (fresh), Clarke (fresh), Welsh (junior, avg. less than 5 ppg the year before), Sanchez (freshman, and Washington (avg. less than 5 ppg the year before), Britt, and two true freshman projects at post?

We had no depth and the team wore down physically. Heath left Pelphrey nothing, but yes Pelphrey didn't bring in the best class. Because of the state of the program, he had to take a reach on some talented players with potential character problems (not so much potential anymore).

So the question is: how much of this really is his fault? Is it his fault the administration couldn't get a better coach and had to go with an up-and-comer who probably wasn't ready?

You mention the players that we lost before the beginning of last season, then say that Heath left nothing in the cupboard.

Those players allowed everyone's glory boy Pel to get off to a good start. To this day people point to that monumental win over a bad Indiana team in the first round  as some sign that Pel is Adolph Rupp reincarnated.

Indiana was a bad team and we got pasted in the second round by a team that didn't even win a title.

The other night we lost by 30 to a team that is a decent team, but probably won't be cutting any nets down.

But let's just keep patting Pelphrey on the back and tell him that he's doing a fantastic job and act like everything is great.

hogzilla3

BigHog396

Quote from: hogzilla3 on November 18, 2009, 10:42:36 pm
I hate excuses,, just win baby, just win.
And I hate unrealistic expectations.  I want us back at the top as bad as anyone.  I was a student on campus during the peak of Razorback basketball prominence, and that's all I knew growing up as well.  I also realize how pitiful the shape of our program was when Pel arrived, and that it will take more than 2 years to turn that kind of mess around.  Pel would have been better off had the 6 seniors graduated just before he arrived, so he could have started the rebuilding process at that time.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on November 18, 2009, 10:34:39 pm
You mention the players that we lost before the beginning of last season, then say that Heath left nothing in the cupboard.

Those players allowed everyone's glory boy Pel to get off to a good start. To this day people point to that monumental win over a bad Indiana team in the first round  as some sign that Pel is Adolph Rupp reincarnated

Indiana was a bad team and we got pasted in the second round by a team that didn't even win a title.

The other night we lost by 30 to a team that is a decent team, but probably won't be cutting any nets down.

But let's just keep patting Pelphrey on the back and tell him that he's doing a fantastic job and act like everything is great.

Ahem, that "good start" is the backbone for why the APR is such an issue today.

Indiana was a good team, had been ranked in the top 15 just weeks prior, had two NBA draft picks (one was a lottery pick), and only suffered from having the assistants take over who had been there all year and coached 6 games prior to playing Arkansas.

LOL that team that "pasted" us and "didn't even cut down the nets" was the overall #1 seed in the Big Dance. Sadly, they lost to the eventual champs. They won it all, with the same players, one year later.Give them credit where credit is due.

You know why we lost by 30..we were in the game for 75% of it until the legs gave out.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 18, 2009, 10:38:05 pm
It's simple, and I will put this in all caps so you know what part to read, 3-POINT DEFENSE IS THE BIGGEST WEAKNESS OF A 2-3 ZONE.  We defended UL with a 2-3 zone basically all night last and they shot less than 40%.  They shot 37% from 3 on the season last year, so how is it that we didn't defend the 3 last night.

Don't get me wrong, I know we have a long way to go on 3 point defense, but I fully believe with enough guys to run a normal defensive plan we will not look as bad as the last few years.  I jumped your arse because you just start shooting-off from the mouth with crap like 75% from 3 last night.  Have at least a semblance of integrity in your statements, and you won't get shown up.

And to your two questions... easy answer on both, it's called lack of depth.  When you lose your legs, you lose your shot, and the ability to defend effectively.  Is it really that difficult for you to understand?  Just because you have been following Razorback basketball, doesn't mean you know a freakin' thing about the game itself.

Then what is the point of staying in a 2-3 zone saving energy but getting torched on the scoreboard.  I would say it's worth a shot just to see what happens, what is the worst that could happen...we could lose by 35?  I do agree that the 2-3 zone was the right call in the beginning but you have to adjust on the fly.

It seemed like what Tenn did against Fla in football.  Play super conservative never TRYING (I can use caps too) to win a game but simply try to keep from getting blown out.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2009, 10:49:20 pm
Ahem, that "good start" is the backbone for why the APR is such an issue today.

Indiana was a good team, had been ranked in the top 15 just weeks prior, had two NBA draft picks (one was a lottery pick), and only suffered from having the assistants take over who had been there all year and coached 6 games prior to playing Arkansas.

LOL that team that "pasted" us and "didn't even cut down the nets" was the overall #1 seed in the Big Dance. Sadly, they lost to the eventual champs. They won it all, with the same players, one year later.Give them credit where credit is due.

You know why we lost by 30..we were in the game for 75% of it until the legs gave out.

Indiana was in shambles.  Did you not read what their players, namely Eric Gordon, were saying about the team after that season was over.  Their chemistry was worse than ours last years at the end of that season.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 18, 2009, 10:51:39 pm
And I don't care for people who want to make up statistics, rather than using actual statistics.  Thanks.

Ok how is this for you.  Against SEC teams in the 2008-2009 season, Arkansas was 2-15.  Is that made up also? 

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: LRMedHawg on November 18, 2009, 10:53:47 pm
Indiana was in shambles.  Did you not read what their players, namely Eric Gordon, were saying about the team after that season was over.  Their chemistry was worse than ours last years at the end of that season.

Doesn't change the fact that they had plenty of talent, more than we did, and we still won. Indiana won big games after Sampson was fired, just not against the Hogs.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2009, 10:57:03 pm
Doesn't change the fact that they had plenty of talent, more than we did, and we still won. Indiana won big games after Sampson was fired, just not against the Hogs.

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that those problems ruined their chemistry. Their coach left, the guys didn't get along, a lot of bad stuff happening there. You try and play basketball with all that going on. Of course, there is no convincing the Pro-Pel crowd that he isn't the 1996 Rick Pitino, they've made their mind up.

Here's the link in case you forgot

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3777010

Advocate, I for one am looking forward to going back and forth with you again this year on here. Don't get me wrong, I hope we win 18-23 games, make the NCAA and I end up with egg on my face. I just don't see it.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2009, 10:57:03 pm

Off the court stuff can neutralize a lot of talent.  Just look at the Hogs last year.  Essentially the same talent that beat Texas and Oklahoma (minus one Marcus Monk for BS reasons which doesn't fall on Pel) stuttered to that horrible finish.

Brass Knob

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 18, 2009, 10:19:13 pm

Seriously though, is 2-14 any better than 2-15?  It is all the same.  We absolutely sucked last year and that is the point. 

jman

Can we schedule Alcorn st. a few more times this year?   I'd really like to win another game