Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For the Duke haters...

Started by King-Tusk, March 23, 2006, 12:21:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

King-Tusk

http://www.truthaboutduke.com/

Some of you may have seen this site before, but I just read over some of it and it's interesting.  I warn you, the main part is 3 pages long. 
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

dmhog v3.0

I like what the UNC dude had to say:

ESPN is now proclaiming that Coach K's nine consecutive Sweet 16's is comparable to John Wooden winning seven consecutive national titles.

Huh, apparently, getting overseeded and playing crappy teams in the first two rounds before choking against actual competition in the third round every year is now comparable to winning not just one, but seven national titles.

I don't understand this. Didn't Maryland go to seven Sweet 16s in 10 years, including three in a row? No one said anything about that. Or what about Carolina? Isn't four final fours in six years just as impressive or six final fours between 1991 and 2000. Hell, isn't making the tournament 30 of the last 32 years just the same?

King-Tusk

Nice pic dm, I think I have that game.  LOL
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

dmhog v3.0

Yeah, the chick is hot. And even hotter that she's wrapped up in video games. Uhhhh.....I'l be riiiiight back....

fineswine

Quote from: dmhog v3.0 on March 23, 2006, 12:31:46 pm

ESPN is now proclaiming that Coach K's nine consecutive Sweet 16's is comparable to John Wooden winning seven consecutive national titles.

Huh, apparently, getting overseeded and playing crappy teams in the first two rounds before choking against actual competition in the third round every year is now comparable to winning not just one, but seven national titles.

I don't understand this. Didn't Maryland go to seven Sweet 16s in 10 years, including three in a row? No one said anything about that. Or what about Carolina? Isn't four final fours in six years just as impressive or six final fours between 1991 and 2000. Hell, isn't making the tournament 30 of the last 32 years just the same?

ESPN also wanted us to believe that USC was the greatest football team of all time.  I'm past the point where I wish someone else had the money to compete with them for programming.

nwarazfan

Quote from: fineswine on March 23, 2006, 01:01:32 pm
Quote from: dmhog v3.0 on March 23, 2006, 12:31:46 pm

ESPN also wanted us to believe that USC was the greatest football team of all time.  I'm past the point where I wish someone else had the money to compete with them for programming.

They said the same thing about OU before they were beat down by KSU and LSU.