Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there really much interest in spring fb

Started by hogsanity, March 22, 2006, 12:17:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

after all few or none of the bigtime recruits will be there.  Maybe a couple of the juco guys, but the s-dale 4 wont be on the filed.  I know everyone wants to see what gus is up to, but I think we will be disappointed if we expect a ton out of spring.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

King-Tusk

With the anticipation we have to see an Arkansas quarterback throw the ball upfield and have a receiver catch that ball, I wouldn't care if Lil Red was the biggest recruit.  I am just ready for some football!!

:razorback:
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

PAHog

Very interested to see how much, if any, influence Malzahn has had on the offense at this point.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

hogsanity

Yes, but with so few decent WR on campus how much of the offense can they run in the spring?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

King-Tusk

Quote from: hogsanity on March 22, 2006, 12:22:33 pm
Yes, but with so few decent WR on campus how much of the offense can they run in the spring?

I guess Monk's gonna be pretty busy.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

qakhed

Just the newness and the smell of the flowers. The warm sun shining down. The sound of birds and smacking helmets. Ahhhh, it's almost here!
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

Tomhog™

There will likely be a great increase in spring fb interest.  There is renewed in the fb program overall with the overhaul to the coaching staff and the players coming.  I would go if I wasn't 5 hours away...

qakhed

only 5 hours! Heck we can find a place for ya for a couple days.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

Chinese Emperor

Quote from: qakhed on March 22, 2006, 12:23:50 pm
Just the newness and the smell of the flowers. The warm sun shining down. The sound of birds and smacking helmets. Ahhhh, it's almost here!

The sight of black tarp...

hog4lifetime1979

It was my understanding that only media wasn't going to be allowed to watch practice, but that all fans can come and watch anytime.

Tusks

Quote from: hogsanity on March 22, 2006, 12:17:39 pm
after all few or none of the bigtime recruits will be there.  Maybe a couple of the juco guys, but the s-dale 4 wont be on the filed.  I know everyone wants to see what gus is up to, but I think we will be disappointed if we expect a ton out of spring.

Kind of setting the expectations a little low aren't you.  Its spring.....low expectations are for fall. 

I want to see the parting of the red sea with the pink mumu going nuts :) because Gus is burning his defense everyday everyplay.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ejay286

Quote from: hogsanity on March 22, 2006, 12:22:33 pm

Who other than Williams will be good enough to contribute this early of the new recruits?

Boarcephus

Quote from: qakhed on March 22, 2006, 12:23:50 pm

Throw in scantily clad college coeds strutting their stuff at the red/white spring game and you have the makings of a good time 4/15/06.

Can't wait for it to get here.  I went last year and there was maybe 2-3,000 people there and I bet that number swells to 10,000 this year.   New offense, new OC, semi-nekid chicks, I'll be there.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

silvertip

I would be at the 4/15 party except that seniority pushed my vacation to the following week. I want to see them running Gus' system in the spring game, regardless of who's on the field. Every player on the O needs to learn it NOW & that's what I expect we'll see on 4/15. WPS!!!

BigPapaHawg

I'm very interested in seeing what direction we are heading in!
WOO PIG

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

It will be fun to watch The Nutt and Gus in the honeymoon period...knowing what probably lies ahead....DIVORCE!..WooooooHooooooo!  HELL YEAH!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

go hogues

I lived in Florida last year and the Gators had 80,000 at their blue/orange game in august.  I wish Hog fans would turn out like that.  I know it was the August game rather than a spring game but still, how many do we usually have in attendance at our red/white game? 10,000, maybe?  I bet there will be a TON of people at this years' red/white scrimmage in August.  GO HOGS
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />