Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath to Iowa ?

Started by pfrg999, March 22, 2006, 11:35:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pfrg999

If Alford goes to Missouri ... do you think Iowa will come after Heath ???
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

LA HAWG

I hope so but I don't think they would.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

ColumbianHog

I'm not sure why Heath would go if he was offered.  Is Iowa a step up from the Hogs?  True that they've had a better record lately but I don't usually think of them when I think of great BBall programs.

Tomhog™

Heath is not likely to go anywhere this year.  I think he'll need a deeper NCAA tourney run to be attractive to other schools that can pay him on the scale that we do.  Otherwise, he'd be taking a step down...

pfrg999

Quote from: ColumbianHog on March 22, 2006, 11:41:21 am
I'm not sure why Heath would go if he was offered.  Is Iowa a step up from the Hogs?  True that they've had a better record lately but I don't usually think of them when I think of great BBall programs.

It would just to be back in the Big 10 again... and to make his wife happy

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: pfrg999 on March 22, 2006, 11:43:23 am
Quote from: ColumbianHog on March 22, 2006, 11:41:21 am

It would just to be back in the Big 10 again... and to make his wife happy

Poonanny rules.  Always. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SuperHog

No way Heath makes this move.  I don't think Iowa would even be interested.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

fineswine

No other school is going to come after him.  His inadequacies as a major college coach have been displayed to everyone.

hawkeyefan17

Alford had better be gone is all I can say. This whole thing is messed up. Whatever happens at Iowa, Heath won't be involved. Of all the candidates I hear about for the Iowa job (if it opens up) Heath never gets a mention which doesn't mean a whole lot but I don't think Stan Heath is anywhere near Iowa's radar.

It is clear Alford wants out of Iowa City but I think Iowa fans want him out even more, including me.

Alford has really screwed himself over.

Heath is a fine coach but he won't be a candidate at Iowa. He has a good program going at Arkansas.

hawgjowls

nwarazfan

Quote from: hawgjowls on March 22, 2006, 12:36:19 pm
what has alford done?

Nothing.  That is why IU probably won't even interview him.  Don't know what Mizzou sees in him if his home state alma mater doesn't want him.

PIMPINPIGGIES

lets pray that they take him and for the ones who dont believe in prayer  keep ya fingers crossed

qakhed

Mizzou is in such a disarray right now that they would take anyone with half a name to take some heat off of everything else that is going on with them. I see alford in black and yellow. (and not Hawkeye black and yellow)
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

nobballconcept

Iowa would not be dumb enough to hire Heath

qakhed

I think he would fit Iowa nicely. I think he would really elevate that program. Stan is not a "bad" coach, just not a great fit for Arkansas or an SEC team.

Hank351

IF Stan does leave then who will we get to replace him.  I mean granted that we should be able to take our pic on some people, but who really fits in?  And if he does leave it will be later than sooner and we could be left with slim pickin's.

qakhed

I agree, Stan ain't leaving! And there isn't much to choose from anyway. it will take someone special to fit the style of play that we want. Also someone with cotton in thier ear (to ignore the fickle fans) and a strong backbone (to stand on his own, not to sit on Broyle's lap).

DirkPiggler

I wouldn't imagine his wife gives two shits about Big 11 vs. SEC basketball.  If she wants out of Fayetteville I would think that it would be to get to a more urban setting.  Iowa doesn't fit the bill there.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

12under

Quote from: DirkPiggler on March 22, 2006, 03:59:10 pm
I wouldn't imagine his wife gives two shits about Big 11 vs. SEC basketball.  If she wants out of Fayetteville I would think that it would be to get to a more urban setting.  Iowa doesn't fit the bill there.
good point.  fayetteville is much better than almost anywhere in iowa

Flatfoot

Heath would be a perfect fit for Iowa.  I hope he is offered and takes the job. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

pfrg999

Quote from: Hank351 on March 22, 2006, 02:10:31 pm
IF Stan does leave then who will we get to replace him.  I mean granted that we should be able to take our pic on some people, but who really fits in?  And if he does leave it will be later than sooner and we could be left with slim pickin's.

Mark Turgeon ..... Wichita State

94 Hawg

Quote from: pfrg999 on March 22, 2006, 05:23:42 pm
Quote from: Hank351 on March 22, 2006, 02:10:31 pm

Mark Turgeon ..... Wichita State
why?
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Broken Trigger

I think there are only a handful of teams that are gonna belly up and pay out $800,000+  for a basketball coach.  The programs that will pay that much either have a coach now, or will go after a bigger name coach.

Richard_white

March 22, 2006, 09:07:12 pm #24 Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 09:13:27 pm by razorbacks4life27
Quote from: qakhed on March 22, 2006, 01:53:09 pm
I think he would fit Iowa nicely. I think he would really elevate that program. Stan is not a "bad" coach, just not a great fit for Arkansas or an SEC team.

He coached against a non sec school in the ncaa tournament.

Results

Drum role please

mword

I don't see Health going anywhere.