Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

????

Started by mj4president, March 22, 2006, 11:32:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Will the razorbacks ever have another Matt Jones? If so,  who in the near future?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

LA HAWG

WILL CLINTON

will they ever have someone named Matt Jones?

Will they ever have a QB who is a great rusher and a so-so passer?

Will they ever have someone who is so greatly misused in college?

Which one of these questions would you like answered?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: mj4president on March 22, 2006, 11:32:34 am
Will the razorbacks ever have another Matt Jones? If so,  who in the near future?

Depends on how he performs on the gridiron -  Matt Jones Bio 2007
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

GBPackerFan

Quote from: dubyacee on March 22, 2006, 11:33:40 am
will they ever have someone named Matt Jones?

Will they ever have a QB who is a great rusher and a so-so passer?

Will they ever have someone who is so greatly misused in college?

Which one of these questions would you like answered?
Thank you.  Jones was put in at the wrong position.  We could have done much better with him at WR or even TE.  He couldn't pass that well, but can catch well.  Why not put him in a position to where he can catch the ball and put someone back there who could throw the ball consistently well.

mj4president

So if they didnt play him at QB could Ryan S. done as well as he did?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

WILL CLINTON

as well in what dept.?  Outside of turning a broken play into a sandbox run, I don't think MJ was that effective as a QB.  I do think Sorohan or T. Jack could have been a better passer than him, easily.  And if he was the WR, they yes, I think Sorohan, T. Jack could've done a better job. 

GBPackerFan

Quote from: dubyacee on March 22, 2006, 11:43:12 am
as well in what dept.?  Outside of turning a broken play into a sandbox run, I don't think MJ was that effective as a QB.  I do think Sorohan or T. Jack could have been a better passer than him, easily.  And if he was the WR, they yes, I think Sorohan, T. Jack could've done a better job. 
I was very upset when Tavarius (sp?) left the Hogs.  I was really hoping that he would get a chance to show what he was capable of.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: GBPackerFan on March 22, 2006, 11:44:53 am
I was very upset when Tavarius (sp?) left the Hogs.  I was really hoping that he would get a chance to show what he was capable of.

He did get a chance, at UAB or somewhere a coach knew how to use his skills.  And ended up in an All-Star game due to it. 

GBPackerFan

Quote from: dubyacee on March 22, 2006, 11:45:56 am
Quote from: GBPackerFan on March 22, 2006, 11:44:53 am

He did get a chance, at UAB or somewhere a coach knew how to use his skills.  And ended up in an All-Star game due to it. 
Yeah, he was in the All-Star game and HNutt was the coach of his team.  I thought that was hilarious.