Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are plans still being made for everyone to wear Hog Hats at Southern Cal game

Started by hogfan064, March 22, 2006, 08:36:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

This Idea came up around the time it was announced ESPN would pick up this game.  I love the idea of seeing 70,000 Hog hats.  Is this idea still floating around? 

OPPHOG

qakhed

"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

qakhed

hogfan064

Quote from: qakhed on March 22, 2006, 08:55:06 am
that is what I was afraid of

What's wrong with those hats.  It would create a great atmosphere and really take us back to the days of old.  Hog Hats are part of the University of Arkansas and everyone knows those hats identify the Hogs.  Many schools have since copied the idea, but nothing beats the original

qakhed

hogfan064

Quote from: qakhed on March 22, 2006, 09:00:18 am
I was just playing. I would wear one to the ball game

I never wear mine.  It's in my bedroom I've turned into my Hog room.  It's the centerpiece of my entertainment center.  I'll wear it for that game though if we're going to do this. 

qakhed

I wouldn't just wear one, it would have to be an organized effort, then I would have to buy one. Can't say that I own one. I have lots of Razorback stuff (even a hog nose) but not one of those.

hogfan064

Quote from: qakhed on March 22, 2006, 09:06:30 am
I wouldn't just wear one, it would have to be an organized effort, then I would have to buy one. Can't say that I own one. I have lots of Razorback stuff (even a hog nose) but not one of those.

Yeah I'd only wear it as an organized effort, but I think its a great idea.  I own a Hog snout also.  I love the Hog hats, especially some of the old ones, but I never wear them.  The last time I did wear one was at the 2002 Super Regionals against Clemson.  We lost and I haven't wore it since.

qakhed

I had a razorback pullover that I was wearing when we beat Florida, I wore it ever game since. Lotta good it did us in the end.

austinhogfan

Hate to say it but those hog hats are pretty awful!!! Ark typically already has bad impression and 72000 people wearing those certainly wont help!!  Just my two cents!

qakhed

austinhogfan

How much worse of an impression would you have of Longhorns if they wore huge horns on there heads?

qakhed

you got me there. At least hog hats aren't dangerous to innocent bystanders

hogfan064

Quote from: qakhed on March 22, 2006, 09:24:50 am
you got me there. At least hog hats aren't dangerous to innocent bystanders

I don't know the little tail could poke someone in the eye. 

qakhed

well heck your right! They need to come up with some sort of condom to fit over the tail so it would be safer.

hogfan064

Quote from: qakhed on March 22, 2006, 09:29:29 am
well heck your right! They need to come up with some sort of condom to fit over the tail so it would be safer.

Maybe they could borrow a condom from the South Carolina gameCOCK fans

Of course we are playing Southern Cal so I'm sure lots of Trojans will be present

qakhed

mj4president

We should all wear shirts that say "At least we can beat Texas!!!"
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

qakhed

gotta be careful about stuff like that, they could counter with " we could have beat bucknell"

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I bet they could have beat Vandy too.  But I don't think Pete Carroll would have kept Bush and White out of the game because he was worried about them fumbling the ball.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

qakhed

had nothing to do about turning the ball over. Wants fresh legs, remember?

hogmary

I have one of the original, pre-1977, Uncle Heavy's Hog hats.  Light-weight, but not very comfortable to wear.  They do look better than cheeseheads, though.

Does anyone know what happened to the red felt cowboy hats with A on the front?  That's what most folks wore to the games when I was in school.  I still have the one I wore to the 1971 Texas game in the rain...it's flat, now, though.

hogfan064

Quote from: mj4president on March 22, 2006, 11:29:57 am
We should all wear shirts that say "At least we can beat Texas!!!"

Well, they could just say at least we beat you 70-17.  Let's stick with the Hog Hat idea.   

qakhed

Boss Hogg

We need to come up with some t-shirt ideas too.  That Texass game was cool when I wore a razorback red shirt with a upside-down white horns logo...