Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Blame Game!

Started by Flatfoot, March 21, 2006, 10:50:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is to blame for the mediocre football and basketball programs on the hill?

Poor Coaches
31 (33.3%)
Poor Athletic Director
39 (41.9%)
Unable to Recruit to Arkansas
13 (14%)
Board of Trustees
10 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 25, 2006, 10:50:11 pm

Flatfoot

If none of these are the problem that are listed in the poll, please post your opinion on why our two major programs can't get over the hump.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Mr.Mabry

94 Hawg

the internal combustion engine, those things are the devil!
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hog1751

All of the above + the Kermit the frog/Kenny Loggins conspiracy.

HogFansReunited

Poor coaches but having a good AD should solve the coaching problem so I had to vote for the AD.  Frank needs to take care of buisness and get our athletic departments back on track.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hoggystyle78

Everyone in the athletic dept., from JFB down the lowest paid asst. coaches, excluding the new hires, Gus, Reggie, and Alex.

Porkahontas

The fans.

Hey, it was an option in the poll why the hoops team lost in Dallas, so it might as well be an option here too.

Woogie

Buff

i wanted to vote coaches, but then i felt like i should vote for the guys who hired and pay for the coaches............since i only had one vote, i picked coaches

hogfan064

King-Tusk

I think it is a combination of all of the above.  IMO the lack of high quality recruits creates bigger challenges to our coaches who may not be the strongest teachers of the game.  Hopefully with the changes to the coaching staff and the new recruits, the football team will show us some real improvement this season.

Go Hogs
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

hogfan064

KingTusk.  In your avatar you ask if Chef should be our next coach.  I say yes!!  Chef did lead the boys to a world dodgeball championship.  If he can do that at South Park he can do it in Fayetteville. 

qakhed

"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

qakhed

qakhed

the poor ivory billed woodpecker

qakhed

uhhh, what was the question again?  ;)

hogfan064

I'm sure the Democrats will blame it on the Republicans

King-Tusk

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 22, 2006, 09:26:17 am
KingTusk.  In your avatar you ask if Chef should be our next coach.  I say yes!!  Chef did lead the boys to a world dodgeball championship.  If he can do that at South Park he can do it in Fayetteville. 

You are correct sir!!  Dodgeball  LOL.

Karma for you
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

jdhoover

Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

hogfan064

Quote from: King-Tusk on March 22, 2006, 09:32:28 am

Karma for you

I can here Chef now  "OK Children we're going to run a little press now, don't worry about your legs being fresh"    At the end of the game we could do away with "O Lord its Hard to be Humble" and instead sing "Salty Balls" or some other Chef song

qakhed

that's great +1 for you

Call Mr. Sow

I blame the BELGIANS. 

Miserable, fat Belgian bastards!

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 22, 2006, 09:35:51 am
Quote from: King-Tusk on March 22, 2006, 09:32:28 am

Karma for you

I can here Chef now  "OK Children we're going to run a little press now, don't worry about your legs being fresh"    At the end of the game we could do away with "O Lord its Hard to be Humble" and instead sing "Salty Balls" or some other Chef song

"Hell yeah I want some Salty Balls..."

hogfan064

I blame it on Eric Cartman!!  Fat Bastard

King-Tusk

March 22, 2006, 10:04:22 am #25 Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 10:13:01 am by King-Tusk
After we win games,  "You, and me, and her, simultaneous lovin baby, two or three..."

Or "I want to make love to ___________(insert your favorite coaches spouses name here), I want to lay you down by the fire!"

JK,  we love you Mrs. Heath. ;)

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: King-Tusk on March 22, 2006, 10:04:22 am
After we win games,  "You, and me, and her, simultaneous lovin baby, two or three..."

Or "I want to make love to ___________(insert your favorite coaches spouses name here), I want to lay you down by the fire!"

JK,  we love you Mrs. Heath. ;)

You need a chef pic with movement (click it)...

hogfan064

Funny how a thread about blaming someone can turn into a South Park thread.  I'm sure this isn't what GettinPorked had in mind

PennHOG

Blame it on George Bush.  He gets blamed for everything else.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

King-Tusk

thanks Flkeysguy,  I had it but it didn't work the first time.  

We can derail any thread if we put our minds to it.  

qakhed

we can cal it "derail wednesday", we can make theme days. It'll be fun

qakhed

"come on guys, have a beer, it'll calm ya down"

LA HAWG

I would say the first two are the main problems and they cause the third.

Buff

Quote from: qakhed on March 22, 2006, 09:27:58 am
uhhh, what was the question again?  ;)
lack of basketball identity.......not lack of ducks or hunting spots

Tomhog™

March 22, 2006, 11:55:31 am #34 Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:02:15 pm by Tomcat
I blame it on I-540.  Every since they opened up the 4 lane to NW Arkansas in the 90's, our athletic programs have really slid.... Coincidence?  I THINK NOT!

qakhed

maybe if we had more ducks and hunting spots, we could recruit better players and coaches. You never know

Calvin N Hawgs

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 22, 2006, 10:06:08 am
Funny how a thread about blaming someone can turn into a South Park thread.

I have no idea what you're talking about.  8)

qakhed

Juboar

Fear of all the Tanks surrounding Bud Walton-  its a frickin war zone.

Flatfoot

Funny how a thread about blaming someone can turn into a South Park thread.  I'm sure this isn't what GettinPorked had in mind

Its all good.  I wanted to see how everyone voted.  My god they killed Kenny!

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

hogfan064

Quote from: Tomcat on March 22, 2006, 11:55:31 am
I blame it on I-540.  Every since they opened up the 4 lane to NW Arkansas in the 90's, our athletic programs have really slid.... Coincidence?  I THINK NOT!

The Curse of I-540. Maybe we built it over some sacred Indian Land. 

hogfan064

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 22, 2006, 03:08:34 pm
Quote from: Getting Porked on March 22, 2006, 03:07:26 pm

"You bastards!"

OK Hog/South Park fans.  Name the episode in which Arkansas football is mentioned.  Bonus- Name all episodes in which the state of Arkansas is involved.   I can think of 3.

murray-vegas

murray-vegas

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 22, 2006, 03:11:44 pm
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 22, 2006, 03:08:34 pm
Quote from: Getting Porked on March 22, 2006, 03:07:26 pm

"You bastards!"

OK Hog/South Park fans.  Name the episode in which Arkansas football is mentioned.  Bonus- Name all episodes in which the state of Arkansas is involved.   I can think of 3.
The Wal-Mart episode? going for an obvious one.

King-Tusk

Tomhog™

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 22, 2006, 03:10:45 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on March 22, 2006, 11:55:31 am

The Curse of I-540. Maybe we built it over some sacred Indian Land. 

Could be.  I never thought of that!

qakhed

I think we are onto somthing here. Maybe Nolan was driving on 540 when he found out, so the two would be linked. That's it!

Porkahontas

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 22, 2006, 09:14:50 am
Quote from: Porkahontas on March 22, 2006, 03:20:54 am
The fans.

Hey, it was an option in the poll why the hoops team lost in Dallas, so it might as well be an option here too.

Yeah... and although it was supposed to be a joke, some people actually voted that way!!!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,53021.0.html

Pssttt, I was one of the four. Weren't you one of the four also?

I'd almost wager HiM voted for the fans also. Who else does that leave?