Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When is Brewer going to decide?

Started by HogHeathen, March 21, 2006, 08:00:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogHeathen

When is he going to annouce whether he's going to stay or go pro? 

Squeal

Factual Fiction

Quote from: Squeal on March 21, 2006, 08:04:01 pm
Why don't you ask him?
I wouldn't bother him right now. He's probably deeply immersed in his studies.

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Factual Fiction

Right now he and Eric Ferguson are studying for a mid term in one of their advanced courses.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Factual Fiction on March 21, 2006, 08:27:10 pm
Why don't you ask him?
If that is the case, he is probably staying.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Factual Fiction

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 21, 2006, 08:31:29 pm
Quote from: Factual Fiction on March 21, 2006, 08:27:10 pm
Why don't you ask him?
If that is the case, he is probably staying.
You are correct. An "A" in music appreciation is much more important to Mr. Brewer than a million dollar contract. He's truly an inspiration to all the little children.

qakhed

I think it would be nice to know. It would help with recruiting, I know that we will lose at least one recruit if he stays, and I think we will get both if he goes. I would like to see him stay personally.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

Big Hawg 21

He has until the end of May to decide.

qakhed

2 months is a long time to be in limbo. It would be better for the fans and the team if he made his desicion. He has dropped in the draft though. Right now he is not a lottery pick. Might make his mind up for him.

Tomhog™

I hope he makes his decision before late signing period.  That will likely influence one or both of the recruits choice.  I don't think we'll get both Smith and Beverly if Brewer stays...

qakhed

I said that in another post. I would venture only Beverly comes if Brewer stays

Adam Stokes

March 22, 2006, 12:23:26 pm #12 Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:25:21 pm by ajs15razorman
Quote from: Tomcat on March 22, 2006, 12:16:19 pm
I hope he makes his decision before late signing period.  That will likely influence one or both of the recruits choice.  I don't think we'll get both Smith and Beverly if Brewer stays...

Agreed, we need him to make a decision so we know whether or not we can use his schollie.  We don’t want someone to sign with another team because they aren’t sure if we'll have an availible scholarship.

qakhed

we are in an agreement then +1 for you

PAHog

It's his future, his money, and his talent.  I wish we had to worry about more guys going early to the draft.  When players make the early exit to the NBA, recruits take notice.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Tomhog™

Quote from: PAHog on March 22, 2006, 12:41:00 pm
It's his future, his money, and his talent.  I wish we had to worry about more guys going early to the draft.  When players make the early exit to the NBA, recruits take notice.

Money is one thing Brewer should never have to worry about if he is a good steward over his finances.  He will have years to playin the NBA and make millions, whereas he only has one more year of eligibility for college for the rest of his life.  I really think he'll come back for one more year...

King-Tusk

I think that he will probably declare for the draft just to see what kind of attention that draws.  If it doesn't look like he'll get the deal he wants, he can still come back for his senior year. 

I'm sure that SH has spoken to Ronnie and probably his dad about the need to have a decision due to the implications it will have on recruiting.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

RBLtoHOG

Hes staying. Oh and I dunno bout the studying.... its spring break and he just turned 21 2 or 3 days ago
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

qakhed

I think that is why alot of coaches pass on really marquee type players. Fear of building a team around them, not to mention recruiting dollars (very expensive to just try to recruit a player) and time spent, and them splitting for greener pastures.

hog caller

happy Birthday Ronnie 2 or 3 days ago. make up your oiwn mind but do it soon so we can get on with recruiting. wooooo piggggg