Previous topic - Next topic

Stay or Leave

Stay
29 (33%)
Leave
59 (67%)

Total Members Voted: 0

BlakeHOGfanatic

In my opinion If i was him and I hate to even say this but I must I think I would go I mean he is guarenteed a lottery pick and millions of dollars.  The only reason I say this is because of the new age limit.  Kids who want to go to the NBA straight out of highschool can't and will play college ball for a year and then go.  This is going to make this years draft class kind of slim and next year Brewer no matter how he performs could be a lower pick.  And the possibility of getting hurt and losing out.  I really hope he stays cause I want to see him perform for another year but I'm starting to doubt he will.  There is one thing that would make me want to stay is the fans and the possibility of a good run next year maybe?????????? cause it seems like now the NBA is drawing alot less fan support than college ball.  Myself I don't even watch it anymore.

hogken

brewer is nowhere close to NBA caliber right now
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

RBLtoHOG

Def. has more to prove on the college level
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Squeal

Quote from: hogken on March 21, 2006, 07:39:53 pm

Lot of players in the NBA aren't " NBA caliber".

But they are knocking down the cash.......

VoR

sad to say, but doubt he can help himself this next year, and more then likely will get hurt as far as draft goes next year, as much as the degree, that would be nice, but he's looking at a lotto pick right now, would be easy enough for him to have put in his contract that they pay for his degree/masters/phd, and he can have it both ways
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

hawgfan80

as much as I'd like him to stay, Ronnie would be dumb not to take the money and go pro. It'd be hard to pass that up. Especially if he's a top 10 pick.

SuperHog

steve miller once said...

"GO ON TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN.  WOO WOO WOO."
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: hogken on March 21, 2006, 07:39:53 pm

If Darrell Walker and other NBA scouts think he should go then go.  How much will he develop at the U of A? He will grow and become better in the NBA then with Stan "I"M NOT THE MAN" Heath.  Who has Stan made better?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I would score as much as possible, then make my decision...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

zwhogfan

I want Ronnie to stay. However, if someone were offering me millions of dollars to play basketball, I would find it hard to turn down.

NuttsSacked

The_Bionic_Pig

I don't think its a financial issue with him....its more or less if he wants a diploma now or is anxious to play at the next level.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Broken Trigger

On DTS, they were saying some draft prediction had him dropping to 14th right now.  I would have to stay if i were him, especially if that is the case.  I would want to have a chance to do something great at Arkansas.  At least a chance to go to the Sweet 16 or better, or SEC player of the year, some memorable accolades. 

Richard_white

RazrBakr

Sing it with me "Go on, take the money and run..."  -Steve Miller Band
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

Razorback53

I think Brewer stays for 2 reasons

1. I dont think hes satisfied how the whole team played this year. I think he wants to leave collage on a good note and also getting farder in the NCAA tournament

2. theres no way ron will let him go because everyone in his family has some type of collage degree and Im sure he wont be the first one to go without one.

HE COMES BACK FOR HIS SR YEAR

hoggystyle78

If I were Ronnie I would leave early, I don't think he'll be a lottery pick but I would still go, I don't think I could play another year under Stan.

RBLtoHOG

ive heard it from a reliable course :caugh:father:caugh: that he is staying
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

the donger

SCOTTY THURMAN!!!! Well, maybe not that bad, but he has a LONG way to go to make it to the NBA level.
I am a big Hog fan, but guys, quit being such Homers and be objective. He is not even close to becoming an NBA player at this point.

Broken Trigger

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on March 22, 2006, 01:31:03 am

I hope you're right.  If not, this quote is gonna be somebody's signature.   ;)  I'm not doubting you a bit, and i do hope Ronnie stays.  I just saw this and thought of the Mitch rumors that are still posted as signature lines. 

RBLtoHOG

Quote from: RazorbackRick on March 22, 2006, 07:02:15 pm
Quote from: RBLtoHOG on March 22, 2006, 01:31:03 am

I hope you're right.  If not, this quote is gonna be somebody's signature.   ;)  I'm not doubting you a bit, and i do hope Ronnie stays.  I just saw this and thought of the Mitch rumors that are still posted as signature lines. 

Mitch? as in Mitch Mustain who is at Arkansas? Yah exactly. Rons dad says he is stayin and I think Ill listen to his dad before i will ESPN or CBS or whoever says hes goin

freedomcounty

I think he's staying, only because after his no show at the NCAAT he will likely drop out of the lottery. There's no way he comes out early if he's not a lottery pick. As many have pointed out, he's down to 14th over all on nbadraft.net, and they are usually correct. For once, I hope a Razorback's stock drops. The lower it drops, the more likely Brewer returns and leads this team one more time.

Porky OLeary

LA HAWG

It would be almost impossible to pass up the money whether I was ready for the NBA or not.

toshortrock

who wants to stay around and look at stan another year when u can go get millions
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

yocdaddy

I will try to be impartial here.  Personally, I really want him to stay.  Personally, I don't think he is ready for the NBA.  However, I understand the lure of the money.  If I were Ronnie Brewer, I would study film of the last 5 NBA drafts.  I would see that every year 5 or 6 European players are drafted in the lottery because of their tremendous size and ball skills.  I would also notice that 2 or 3 high school kids get drafted in the top 13 picks.  Let's see that is 7 or 9 players going off the board before we start talking about current college players.  I think it is humorous to think that Ronnie Brewer is one of the top 10 college players in the nation.  That would place him no better than 17 in the draft.  Now, I know that NBA teams draft on potential at the top of the draft, but that could help and hurt Brewer. 

I think that he could improve on that position with another year of improvement.  He has shown the scouts his athleticism, his ability to pass (at times), his ability to make a clutch play (late in the season), and his ability to defend (when he wanted to).  What he hasn't shown the scouts is his ability to consistently lead a team, which if he is going to be drafted at point guard, he will need to showcase.  I hope for Ronnie's sake, he doesn't go.  Because, I can see him being the last guy in the green room that has slid down everyone's list, until someone that really didn't want him picks him at 22 in the draft.

Stay!  Show the people of Arkansas that you can be a consistent leader on the floor (whether you play point guard or not).  Lead us to an SEC West title, challenge for the SEC Tournament Championship, make the Sweet Sixteen or Elite 8, and bolt for the millions.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

SuperHog

my take is that the university isn't going anywhere, so he could get his degree at any point in his life...aka-after basketball opportunities have past him by.  If he's a lottery pick, he'd be a fool not to go.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

yocdaddy

No way he is a lottery pick.  Lottery picks take over the game against Bucknell.  Sorry Ronnie, you aren't ready.  If he got drafted in the top 20, I would be shocked.  Plus, he would sit and watch for a couple of years before he got his shot.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

LA HAWG

Quote from: yocdaddy on March 23, 2006, 08:30:28 am
No way he is a lottery pick.  Lottery picks take over the game against Bucknell.  Sorry Ronnie, you aren't ready.  If he got drafted in the top 20, I would be shocked.  Plus, he would sit and watch for a couple of years before he got his shot.

Yeah but he would be getting paid to sit and watch.  I agree with you that he is not ready but I couldn't pass up the money.

boomo26

If he goes he will be picked up in the top 20, this draft is very weak he would make a very good point guard, which is the plan for him in the NBA.  Point guards do not have to score all they have to do is pass, of course it is nice if they can.  Saying all this I think he is staying.  With him staying I do not think he will be a lottery pick next year, much stronger draft.

Boomo