Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nate Allen defends Stan with this comparison

Started by RealSmartGuy, March 21, 2006, 11:35:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSmartGuy

In fact, Richardson got criticized that same tournament for backing off the press late in the Final Four semi-finals loss in Denver to Duke. Pressing in the Mile High air left those Hogs gasping. Richardson knew they were spent and had them try to do something else even with the clock and scoreboard dictating otherwise. The coach recruiting practicing and game-planning his personnel is pretty apt to know where it all should fit better than those of us just doing the criticizing applauding and booing.

Two things that make this complete and absolute crap, first of all

Denver vs. Dallas:  The air in Denver is much worse, that was never a factor in Dallas, that is not even a valid comparison

Duke vs. Sucknell:  That doesn't even need to be compared, My guess is Duke had a much better bench than sucknell did, and Nolan still went after them

Final Four vs. First Round:  Would you not rather run out of gas in the Final Four vs. the round of 64? 

Our media with the exception of Mike need to get their head out of their butt.  Someone just needs to come out and state the obvious, Stan sucks.

FIRE STAN

Chinese Emperor

Nate could be a good sports writer if he could just learn how to use the king's english.  I've never seen longer run-on sentences in my life.  Incredibly hard to follow at times. 

Biggus Piggus

I am very surprised to see Nate write a bland support-the-coach bit after all the times he pointedly criticized the football program in the past couple of years.  Also very surprised to see him absolutely refuse to do any critical analysis of the Bucknell game.  It just wasn't meant to be, folks.  Bad luck for us.  Good luck for them.

I'll tellya, if you believe that launching a basketball 22 feet from the basket late in the shot clock, and having the basketball go through the hoop, involves any element of luck, you are a complete idiot.
[CENSORED]!

dbseattle

Why do people call them Sucknell? I don't think they were the ones that $ucked. Well, maybe they did against Memphis.
This post approved by Mike Markuson.

silvertip

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 21, 2006, 04:15:51 pm
I am very surprised to see Nate write a bland support-the-coach bit after all the times he pointedly criticized the football program in the past couple of years.  Also very surprised to see him absolutely refuse to do any critical analysis of the Bucknell game.  It just wasn't meant to be, folks.  Bad luck for us.  Good luck for them.

I'll tellya, if you believe that launching a basketball 22 feet from the basket late in the shot clock, and having the basketball go through the hoop, involves any element of luck, you are a complete idiot.

No, hitiing 3-point shots late in the shot clock is not luck. It's skill, as well as self-discipline & confidence that comes from several seasons of playing solid BB.

Bucknell won because they shot better from the field & shot better from the 3 point line. Real complicated---but it's hard to understand until you quit whining non-stop.

Whiners on this board have been trying to convince themselves all year that "the SEC is way down." That's BS. They've been trying to convince themselves that wins over Kansas, Mo St, TN, FLA, Bama don't mean much. That's also lame BS.

ANYTHING, by gawd, except acknowledge that you don't win every game because sometimes the other team IS JUST BETTER. Whining about every loss being because of coaching, while never giving credit to your opponents.

You whiners act like a bunch of 8 year olds.

RealSmartGuy

Boy that really hurt, nothing my wife hasn't said already, I am immune to the 8 year old crap.   :puke:

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Just 'cause I act like an 8 year-old doesn't mean I am not right..

<sticks out tongue> :P
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

socalhogcaller

Quote from: Chinese Emperor on March 21, 2006, 03:44:33 pm
Nate could be a good sports writer if he could just learn how to use the king's english.  I've never seen longer run-on sentences in my life.  Incredibly hard to follow at times. 

You don't actually read the posts on this board then, do you?

silvertip

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on March 21, 2006, 05:45:03 pm
Boy that really hurt, nothing my wife hasn't said already, I am immune to the 8 year old crap.   :puke:

You 7-year old baby!

Cajun Hog

Who the hell reads Nate "I'm full of my self" Allen?  His article make great fire starters.  ;)

RealSmartGuy

oh damn, don't start with that 7 year old stuff, that might really get me,

Cajun Hog

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on March 21, 2006, 08:43:40 pm
oh damn, don't start with that 7 year old stuff, that might really get me,

This from the guy who called Ferguson a retard.  ???

NuttsSacked

Quote from: silvertip on March 21, 2006, 05:38:57 pm

No, hitiing 3-point shots late in the shot clock is not luck. It's skill, as well as self-discipline & confidence that comes from several seasons of playing solid BB.

Bucknell won because they shot better from the field & shot better from the 3 point line. Real complicated---but it's hard to understand until you quit whining non-stop.

Whiners on this board have been trying to convince themselves all year that "the SEC is way down." That's BS. They've been trying to convince themselves that wins over Kansas, Mo St, TN, FLA, Bama don't mean much. That's also lame BS.

ANYTHING, by gawd, except acknowledge that you don't win every game because sometimes the other team IS JUST BETTER. Whining about every loss being because of coaching, while never giving credit to your opponents.

You whiners act like a bunch of 8 year olds.

Amazing.  Just about everyone (TO INCLUDE THE NATIONAL MEDIA) with any basketball knowledge what-so-ever, recognizes the fact Stan Heaths' game plan vs Bucknell absolutely sucked.

Considering you seem to be in the minority, silvertip, I'd be careful when calling other folks whiners. 

Heath did not coach to his players strengths and did not place them in a position to win.  ACKNOWLEDGE THAT...and I might give you credit for having a "little" basketball knowledge.  Otherwise, you don't know shitte.   

RealSmartGuy

I never called Ferguson a retard, get that through your head, it was an example, his name was just the one I used, If Ferguson was retarded I would understand why Stan could not teach him, but he wasn't, for christ sake, I like ferguson

Cajun Hog

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on March 21, 2006, 09:36:04 pm
I never called Ferguson a retard, get that through your head, it was an example, his name was just the one I used, If Ferguson was retarded I would understand why Stan could not teach him, but he wasn't, for christ sake, I like Ferguson

Take a joke  ;)

RealSmartGuy

I can take a joke, its just that time of the month ya know

Cajun Hog

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on March 22, 2006, 07:24:02 am
I can take a joke, its just that time of the month ya know
I know the feeling after last Friday, poor display of coaching.  On top of that the weather was barely 40 degrees at the game yesterday.

Jim Harris

the shot the Bucknell kid threw in from 28 feet or whatever it was in front of their bench was at least partially luck.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson