Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Missou is going after John Brady HARD!!!

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 20, 2006, 07:19:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

LSU is looking to give him a multi-year contract all of a sudden.  Read more in the below article by clicking Tiger - 

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WilsonHog

Heath might well have been a viable candidate for the Missouri, Kansas State, or Iowa State openings..........until last Friday.

Not so much now. 

TorsinAHog

They would be nuts to not go after him. Plus we would get him out of there!
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

wishyjoshy

I saw John Brady wearing this shirt at SEC media day this past season.  It was really late.  He either had a dip in his mouth or was storing nuts for the winter.
Anyway, it was a funny shirt. 

(I don't have the photoshop to make him actually wear it.)

nwarazfan

Recruiting is better in La.   Football school but still great home grown talent.  Mizzou=dead end right now.

nwarazfan

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 20, 2006, 07:23:57 pm
Heath might well have been a viable candidate for the Missouri, Kansas State, or Iowa State openings..........until last Friday.

Not so much now. 

Ramona would have been happy in Man, KS or Ames?  I say Temple would be a better fit for her.  Stan is too weak for that city though.

WilsonHog

Quote from: nwarazfan on March 20, 2006, 07:33:01 pm

Not so much now. 

Ramona would have been happy in Man, KS or Ames?  I say Temple would be a better fit for her.  Stan is too weak for that city though.

The problem for Ramona is that the Michigan, Michigan State, or Ohio State jobs aren't opening up any time soon.

And even if they did, her hubby's resume wouldn't make the cut. 

3kgthog

LSU losing Brady wouldn't help us any. LSU would actually pony up the cash to get a good coach to replace him with. That's why they are winning in football and basketball while we are sucking.

94 Hawg

while I don't care for Brady, he has done well @ LSU. He should wait till next week to sign the offer, if he beats Duke this weekend how much more $ could he get?
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 20, 2006, 08:04:57 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on March 20, 2006, 07:33:01 pm

Not so much now. 

The problem for Ramona is that the Michigan, Michigan State, or Ohio State jobs aren't opening up any time soon.

And even if they did, her hubby's resume wouldn't make the cut. 

I think Ramona would love Jonesboro

jpsand

Quote from: nwarazfan on March 20, 2006, 07:31:34 pm
Recruiting is better in La.   Football school but still great home grown talent.  Mizzou=dead end right now.
I'M FROM LA. AND THE RECRUITING CHANGED DRAMATICALLY AFTER KATRINA.  THERE WERE MORE THAN 50 HIGH SCHOOLS IN THE N.O. AREA BEFORE THE STORM.  NOW THERE IS BARELY 15 AND THOSE DON'T HAVE ANY BIG TIME RECRUITS LEFT.  THEY ALL WENT ELSEWHERE

wincrimson

Quote from: JFen on March 20, 2006, 07:25:59 pm
I saw John Brady wearing this shirt at SEC media day this past season.  It was really late.  He either had a dip in his mouth or was storing nuts for the winter.
Anyway, it was a funny shirt. 

(I don't have the photoshop to make him actually wear it.)

His cheeks are f'ed up. Similar to Frank Beamer...

Cajun Hog

Quote from: jpsand on March 21, 2006, 06:51:18 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on March 20, 2006, 07:31:34 pm
I'M FROM LA. AND THE RECRUITING CHANGED DRAMATICALLY AFTER KATRINA.  THERE WERE MORE THAN 50 HIGH SCHOOLS IN THE N.O. AREA BEFORE THE STORM.  NOW THERE IS BARELY 15 AND THOSE DON'T HAVE ANY BIG TIME RECRUITS LEFT.  THEY ALL WENT ELSEWHERE

That's a very good point about recruiting in LA.  He's never fit in at LSU with the fans and probably never will.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 20, 2006, 07:19:53 pm
LSU is looking to give him a multi-year contract all of a sudden.  Read more in the below article by clicking Tiger - 

Can't blame them.  Brady's the best coach in the league.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Pig

I think Brady has underachieved a bit with the talent he has had.
And besides heard claim on the radio (Bill King?) that Mizzou's looking at Huggins.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on March 21, 2006, 08:21:56 pm

I think Florida, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee & Georgia have some very good coaches.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TorsinAHog

From Espn:

"Meanwhile, Missouri's search has been kept mum the past month. Multiple sources say there has been strong influential booster support for former Cincinnati coach Bob Huggins, but Alden isn't in favor of the hire. Sources confirmed that representatives for Missouri have contacted the intermediaries for LSU's John Brady and Pitt's Jamie Dixon to test their interest. Another source said Creighton's Dana Altman is a strong choice for Missouri and might be interviewed as well. A source said Missouri has also had interest in UAB's Mike Anderson.

Missouri has been looking for a coach that has a clean record with the NCAA after the school had violations under Snyder."

Ok what is wrong with that statement?  Include bob huggins and clean record int he same article? 
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hog1961 on March 21, 2006, 08:25:37 pm
Quote from: NaturalStateReb on March 21, 2006, 08:21:56 pm

I think Florida, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee & Georgia have some very good coaches.

I certainly wouldn't disagree with that.   I really like Pearl--either he just got lucky and caught lightening in a bottle, or he squeezed the maximum from his squad.

Brady's a big-league jerk, but I think he's done very well at LSU, especially considering the NCAA sanctions hole he started off in.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: aldiamond on March 22, 2006, 12:17:47 pm
From Espn:

"Meanwhile, Missouri's search has been kept mum the past month. Multiple sources say there has been strong influential booster support for former Cincinnati coach Bob Huggins, but Alden isn't in favor of the hire. Sources confirmed that representatives for Missouri have contacted the intermediaries for LSU's John Brady and Pitt's Jamie Dixon to test their interest. Another source said Creighton's Dana Altman is a strong choice for Missouri and might be interviewed as well. A source said Missouri has also had interest in UAB's Mike Anderson.

Missouri has been looking for a coach that has a clean record with the NCAA after the school had violations under Snyder."

Ok what is wrong with that statement?  Include bob huggins and clean record int he same article? 

I think they should hire Jerry Tarkanian, with Clem Haskins and Dave Bliss serving as his assistants.

Maybe they could make Jackie Sherrill AD.

qakhed

Brady can't sign anything until his season his over.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

Biggus Piggus

The Missouri prez refused to allow the committee to interview Majerus and Huggins.  The committee believed they were the strongest candidates.  Mizzou's AD wants Dixon or Beilein, and if not them then maybe Dana Altman, or maybe back to the drawing board.  I'd love to see them hire Dixon or Beilein.  They'd be toast.  Neither one's going to recruit well at Missouri, and Beilein would have to turn over Mizzou's personnel before he could do anything with them.

I have heard Norm Stewart is strongly against Mike Anderson for some reason.  Gee I wonder what that reason is?
[CENSORED]!

Ridgerunnerpiggie

I freakin' can't stand the guy but he sure can coach.  LSU pretty much owns our piggies lately!  Wonder if he'd come to Arkansas?

qakhed

"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

ThunderHog

ESPN Insider announced that Huggins is going to Kansas State.

94 Hawg

good school, I bet those 2 recruits will follow him to K. St.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers