Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 07, 2024, 12:15:31 am

Good ole Clay Henry...

Started by JackJohnson, March 20, 2006, 02:11:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

i love how he just bashes his subscribers on his board.

"I've read some folks here who think they understand the game. They don't. Simple as that."

Gee, what a way to treat your paying customers.  Guess he learned that straight from the top from his good buddies hdn and JL who do the same to all the foundation members and fans by putting out an inferior product in the two major revenue sports.

Glad to know that by having a famous father who giftwrapped everything he has now which appearently qualifies him to be an expert in both basketball and football, even though he has played neither, nor did he even attend the university although he likes to throw stuff like that out when it comes to if you are a "true fan", or know what you are talking about... 

MCPeePants

This from the guy who claimed all-along that Arkansas would have no problem beating Bucknell?

hogsanity

I guess his quote hurt your feelings.  He is right.  People act like if they were the coach the Hogs would never lose because they have such brilliant Fb and BB minds, yet they have never coached above t-ball or pee wee Fb. 

Just like the guy who said " Make em practice shooting FT until they make 20 in a row, dont let them leave practice until they hit 20 in a row"  I played with a guy who rountinely did this at th end of practice, yet only shot about 50% in games.

What people think, and what they THINK they know and what they know, and what is the real answers are usually very very different.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MCPeePants

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2006, 02:17:04 pm
I guess his quote hurt your feelings.  He is right.  People act like if they were the coach the Hogs would never lose because they have such brilliant Fb and BB minds, yet they have never coached above t-ball or pee wee Fb. 

I'm not sure that's the point. I'm sure a lot of people on his message board that think they know basketball don't know it is as well as they think they do. The problem is that when he makes a statement like:

"I've read some folks here who think they understand the game. They don't. Simple as that."

He's:

1) seriously alienating a lot of his clients

2) coming across as if he, Clay Henry, *does* understand the game of basketball better than any of you lowly posters to a message board. Well, maybe he does and maybe he doesn't but he predicted all week that Arkansas would have no trouble beating Bucknell so perhaps he should look himself in the mirror before he takes such a condescending tone towards everyone else.

And, for the record, I've never posted to his message board and never will.   

hogsanity

Quote from: MCPeePants on March 20, 2006, 02:29:20 pm

I'm not sure that's the point. I'm sure a lot of people on his message board that think they know basketball don't know it is as well as they think they do. The problem is that when he makes a statement like:

He's:

2) coming across as if he, Clay Henry, *does* understand the game of basketball better than any of you lowly posters to a message board. Well, maybe he does and maybe he doesn't but he predicted all week that Arkansas would have no trouble beating Bucknell so perhaps he should look himself in the mirror before he takes such a condescending tone towards everyone else.

I thought he was wrong acting like Bucknell was no problem.  I do like the fact though that he at least will make some attempt to challenge what people post, and it is HIS board.  Why ANYONE would PAY to belong to a board like that to start with blows my mind, so I doubt he will run any of them off. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

nwarazfan

Quote from: JackJohnson on March 20, 2006, 02:11:29 pm

Gee, what a way to treat your paying customers.  Guess he learned that straight from the top from his good buddies hdn and JL who do the same to all the foundation members and fans by putting out an inferior product in the two major revenue sports.

Glad to know that by having a famous father who giftwrapped everything he has now which appearently qualifies him to be an expert in both basketball and football, even though he has played neither, nor did he even attend the university although he likes to throw stuff like that out when it comes to if you are a "true fan", or know what you are talking about... 

No way Clay is Orville's biological son.

JJHog

Just like the guy who said " Make em practice shooting FT until they make 20 in a row, dont let them leave practice until they hit 20 in a row"  I played with a guy who rountinely did this at th end of practice, yet only shot about 50% in games.

What people think, and what they THINK they know and what they know, and what is the real answers are usually very very different.

Allthought I disagreed with several of Stan's moves..It's harder than people think, that's for certain.

And the coach can't make the FT's for them!

" Think Right, Do Right"

pseudorabies

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2006, 02:41:45 pm

He's:

I thought he was wrong acting like Bucknell was no problem.  I do like the fact though that he at least will make some attempt to challenge what people post, and it is HIS board.  Why ANYONE would PAY to belong to a board like that to start with blows my mind, so I doubt he will run any of them off. 

Clay sold out, he doesn't own it anymore.

Niels Boar

March 20, 2006, 06:50:29 pm #8 Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 06:53:43 pm by Niels Boar
Henry does that all the time.  He pulled that on me two years ago and said I had an agenda after I made a comment in November that UGA would torch us based on the play of the respective teams that weekend.  We struggled against Jacksonville, which finished #250 in the RPI.  Georgia had taken Gonzaga (top 10 RPI) into overtime in Washington.  Two months later, Georgia 71 - Arkansas 50.  As if he knows squat.  His comments reflect his business model more than any expert knowledge.  To paraphrase Dr. Veckman, "I'm a customer.  Aren't you supposed to kiss my butt?"

Hugehogsfan

I don't know about you guys but I enjoy to be called stupid or ignorant by people that I pay my hard earned money too.   I think that we should just know that I guess we aren't as smart as him and should bow to his intelligence. 

pseudorabies

I wonder why Clay always points out that people have agendas when they have info that he doesn't have or don't agree with him.  I wonder when people will start to realize what his agendas are.

Razbackfan

He's:

OklaU

Clay's a doof.  He doesn't want his board to have anything that has come from the "Rick Shaffer Sunshine Pumper School of Thought"

"Gee, Chuck it happened about the way I thought it would"
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

HatfieldHog

Quote from: OklaU on March 20, 2006, 10:14:25 pm
Clay's a doof.  He doesn't want his board to have anything that has come from the "Rick Shaffer Sunshine Pumper School of Thought"

"Gee, Chuck it happened about the way I thought it would"

You're quote is exactly what you hear on Sports Rap.  I just differ on one point that Clay is making; it's the "thought" thing.  As much as I've listened to Clay on Sports Rap, I am sure that "thinking" is not his problem, cause he does very little of it, how can it be a problem?

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: JackJohnson on March 20, 2006, 02:11:29 pm

Seriously guys, Clay may have a point.

Frankly, anyone who will pay that man money to read his propaganda is probably a person who doesn't know much about Razorback athletics.

I subscribed to HI for years until I was able to get Hog info on the internet.  I then quickly realized how much positive spin Clay put on EVERYTHING.  In today's climate, anyone who gives credence to people like Clay and Rick are just blissfully ignorant (and are possibly also members of the 36% in Bush's latest approval pols).

Swino

Clay is ok as long as you don't expect the facts, truth or freedom to post anything that he doesn't like.  He is the polar opposite of his father.  He is a lacky that tows the company line regardless of what the company line is.

Dyerhog

Jack, whether Clay, you or I know anything about football, basketball is all a matter of opinion--so you may be correct in you assessment of Clay's knowledge on these sports.  However, you are incorrect in saying that Clay never attended the University (not that it matters in his ability to be knowledgable).  Clay was at the University prior to transferring to UCA.

OklaU

I wonder who would win an arm-wrestling match between Clay and Rick?    ???
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

hogman64

They used to also have a free  message board on his site, because i got banned from it....All I said was  Nutt sucked...guess my posts were just getting out of line, personally I dont think Clay is very knowledgeable about sports at all , he has some insight because the admin feeds him things they want him to know, so they can use him, of the people on with chuck b. on sports rap, clay, dudley and otis, he is by far the most worthless one to listen too, he is like a robot, if he was asked a question I am pretty sure I could give his answer before he does 90% of the time.....he is a perfect example of getting his position because of who his dad was and he has kept it by towing the party line.......

mikeirwin

March 22, 2006, 12:52:02 am #19 Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:59:13 am by mikeirwin
Disagree with Clay and Rick's views all you want. Crude sexual orientation references will get you banned from this board permanently. I'm serious. Some of you guys act like you're still in junior high.

Porkahontas

Quote from: Swino on March 21, 2006, 09:52:56 am
Clay is ok as long as you don't expect the facts, truth or freedom to post anything that he doesn't like. 

Isn't that a lot like saying Osama Bin Laden is ok as long as you don't count 9-11, kidnappings, murder, terrorism, jihad, and sex with camels?

RAZORBART

they automatically renew your subscription even when asking to cancel and then boot you off for making a statement like " Clay since you love HDN so much why don't you board that plane and go with him to Nebraska". Lost an entire year of automatic renewed (and unwanted) subscription and was denied a refund.Clay Henry is a money grubbing weasel that does not have a clue about sports.

Mr A Ziffell

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 22, 2006, 12:52:02 am
  I'm serious. Some of you guys act like you're still in junior high.

That's pretty funny...Some of them are...

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Disagree with Clay and Rick's views all you want. Crude sexual orientation references will get you banned from this board permanently. I'm serious. Some of you guys act like you're still in junior high.

Mike, I made no crude references to Clay Henry's sexual orientation. I merely stated that Clay has his nose planted firmly up Big Frank's wazoo (which is obvious when you read his drivel). That does not make him a homo, not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that if that's your cup of tea.

I also said that reading Clay Henry's column (complete with tales of yore on Big Frank's knee) made me physically ill the one and only time I read it. I have that same reaction every time I see his picture in the newspaper.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on March 22, 2006, 09:22:43 am

Mike, I made no crude references to Clay Henry's sexual orientation. I merely stated that Clay has his nose planted firmly up Big Frank's wazoo (which is obvious when you read his drivel). That does not make him a homo, not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that if that's your cup of tea.

I also said that reading Clay Henry's column (complete with tales of yore on Big Frank's knee) made me physically ill the one and only time I read it. I have that same reaction every time I see his picture in the newspaper.
I wasn't referring to your post. There was another one and a response it which I removed.
Those two guys know who they are and what they wrote.

EastexHawg

March 22, 2006, 09:50:43 am #25 Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 01:55:45 pm by EastexHawg
Clay runs his board the way he wants, and that is his right.  I try to follow the rules when I'm over there, just as I do anywhere.

I have had the same experience with the "agenda" thing.  I have been told over and over on that board that I have an agenda.  In fact, anyone who doesn't agree with every word, action, or idea that emanates from Houston Nutt, Jim Lindsey and the gang running the show on the Hill is accused of having an agenda.

I admit I have an agenda.  It's called WINNING.

If Nutt, Lindsey, Broyles and the rest of their cronies are so smart, make all the right moves, and are above questioning...why is it that Arkansas has won a total of one SEC football game against anyone other than the Mississippi schools the last two years, and has an SEC record of 21-28 so far this century?

It has been clear for some time that a conscious decision has been made to limit...or completely eliminate...the expression of thoughts or opinions that don't praise the current coaches and administration.  Clay and the gang run a positive, sunshine pumping, feel good, "I'm OK, you're OK, and Houston Nutt is OK" board.  "Negativity" is frowned upon, and often deleted or banned.

Chuck does the same thing with his radio show.  He cracks me up with his attempts to appear objective regarding the state of Arkansas athletics, especially the football program...yet his constant defense of Houston Nutt.  Last night, a caller pointed out that Heath's records have improved over the course of his four years on the job, but that Nutt's teams aren't any better than they were eight years ago.

Chuck cut him off, pretty much shouted him down, and said, "That's just not true."

Really, Chuck?  What isn't true about it?  Are you actually saying that 5-6 and 4-7 the last two years aren't worse than 9-3 and 8-4 in Nutt's first two years?

These guys have their own message boards, their own websites, and their own radio shows.  Again, I understand that they will conduct them as they want, at least as long as the paying public continues to support what they are doing. 

There are apparently a lot of fans out there who want to live in a dream world, want to pretend that everything is going along swimmingly, and don't want to hear anything negative or critical.  Clay's board...and Chuck's and Rick's comments on their radio gigs...cater to those people.

I'm glad we have a forum like Hogville that allows freedom of speech and expression...within reasonable limits.

NEAHAWG

He has sent me several ezmails telling me I have an agenda and am trying to "stir things up."

You have to agree with Dudley, DonO, and Clay and be ready with some praise when they post fishing pictures, stories or actually do their job and put out some information, if you don't they get kind of huffy.  It's hard to believe that CH is OH's son, they are so different.  OH could actually write things I enjoyed reading CH never has. 

BTW if your handle is similar on the other board you are one of the honest posters and I always enjoy your take. 

idochog

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 22, 2006, 09:50:43 am
Clay runs his board the way he wants, and that is his right.  I try to follow the rules when I'm over there, just as I do anywhere.

I have had the same experience with the "agenda" thing.  I have been told over and over on that board that I have an agenda.  In fact, anyone who doesn't agree with every word, action, or idea that emanates from Houston Nutt, Jim Lindsey and the gang running the show on the Hill is accused of having an agenda.

If Nutt, Lindsey, Broyles and the rest of their cronies are so smart, make all the right moves, and are above questioning...why is it that Arkansas has won a total of one SEC football game against anyone other than the Mississippi schools the last two years, and has an SEC record of 21-28 so far this century?

It has been clear for some time that a conscious decision has been made to limit...or completely eliminate...the expression of thoughts or opinions that don't praise the current coaches and administration.  Clay and the gang run a positive, sunshine pumping, feel good, "I'm OK, you're OK, and Houston Nutt is OK" board.  "Negativity" is frowned upon, and often deleted or banned.

Chuck does the same thing with his radio show.  He cracks me up with his attempts to appear objective regarding the state of Arkansas athletics, especially the football program...yet his constant defense of Houston Nutt.  Last night, a caller pointed out that Heath's records have improved over the course of his four years on the job, but that Nutt's teams aren't any better than they were eight years ago.

Chuck cut him off, pretty much shouted him down, and said, "That's just not true."

Really, Chuck?  What isn't true about it?  Are you actually saying that 5-6 and 4-7 the last two years aren't worse than 9-3 and 8-4 in Nutt's first two years?

These guys have their own message boards, their own websites, and their own radio shows.  Again, I understand that they will conduct them as they want, at least as long as the paying public continues to support what they are doing. 

There are apparently a lot of fans out there who want to live in a dream world, want to pretend that everything is going along swimmingly, and don't want to hear anything negative or critical.  Clay's board...and Chuck's and Rick's comments on their radio gigs...cater to those people.

I'm glad we have a forum like Hogville that allows freedom of speech and expression...within reasonable limits.

Another reason I didnt renew when my time was up.  I love hearing the good things w/ Razorback sports but not everything that goes on up on the hill smells like a rose.

If you disagree w/ Clay or his legion of buttkissing posters then it can be downright miserable on that board.

Same goes w/ GRIT KIRK and his board.  GRIT KIRK is a biased journalist that makes coin off the backside of HDN info but yet he claims to be objective when covering HDN, yeah right, whatever.

This is a better board and I dont have to pay to be insulted.  I can get insulted for free and thats OK
I love Jesus!

EastexHawg

Thanks, NEAHAWG.  Yes, I have the same user name on both boards.  It cracks me up that some on that board accuse anyone who is critical of the sorry current state of affairs in men's athletics of being anti-Razorback, or of not being a real fan.

I am a fan of Arkansas athletics, not Houston Nutt or Stan Heath.  I was a Razorback fan when both of those guys were playing kickball at recess in third grade.  And, BTW, I was a Hog fan when Houston Nutt came to Arkansas as a player...then took his ball and ran off to Oklahoma State because he couldn't beat out Ron Calcagni (and wouldn't have beaten Kevin Scanlon) for the starting QB job.

I accept and respect Clay's board for what it is, and I know I'm not going to change it.  In fact, I'm not going to try to change it.  It's just that I've almost reached the point where I can't post anything over there that fits in with the sunshiny atmosphere that is both expected and demanded.  If I make a post that is critical of Nutt or the administration, either it is deleted or I get an email threatening to ban me if I keep it up.  If I post something that is not directly critical of Nutt, Lindsey, Broyles, or the fact that Razorback athletics have gone from the point of being mired in mediocrity to actually ASPIRING TO REACH MEDIOCRITY...the thread is locked so no one can post on it and I can't respond.

But, as Walter Cronkite used to say, "that's the way it is."  That's why I spend more of my time over here.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

RAZORBART

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 22, 2006, 09:50:43 am

Amen Brotha !!!! You called that play !!!!

I agree with you too. Most of them have an agenda to fatten their pocket books while riding the coat tails of the athletic dept.