Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3* Juco WR Jimmie Stoudemire transfers to Arkansas

Started by DuckTalesLOL, February 15, 2018, 07:56:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

Hopeful Hog

Has good size. Wonder what kind of speed we're dealing with?

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Richard Davenport

Not true. Not counting this as a commitment unless I hear otherwise.

aloha_kid

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 15, 2018, 09:38:05 pm
Not true. Not counting this as a commitment unless I hear otherwise.

what's up with these guys?  This guy and Sonnier both making "commitments" that we don't appear to want to take

FATHAWG08

Hopefully we're done competing against the SWAC for recruits.
I love off season Football!!

CallThoseHawgs

Otis is saying preferred walk on with 2 years to play 2.

NoogaHog

February 16, 2018, 10:08:41 am #10 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:24:12 am by NoogaHog
Well, I watched his first 2 Hudl videos. They were uh...confusing. His first one was from 2017 spring practice. He is big (6'4" 205), but doesn't seem to be overly fast. When making his video, he couldn't figure out if he should use the Gatorade logo is a circle or a pointer, so I was often watching the wrong player.

His second video is a combination of practice, high school, and JuCo. Again, big but not overly fast. He had a couple of plays labelled. One was called "Jump Ball", but he caught it off screen, so I have no idea. He has a section called "Blocking" where you can see his technique of grabbing a DB and wrestling him to the ground and miraculously not getting called for holding.

BTW, some one should look at the Riverside RB he is blocking/holding for. That dude has speed for days.

All in all, he could be a good walk on, but he did not impress in his video.

You guys look at them and give your opinion.

The videos are on his 247 page linked in the OP.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

ricepig

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on February 16, 2018, 12:39:24 am
Otis is saying preferred walk on with 2 years to play 2.

And RD and others are saying "who"?

Jim Harris

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 15, 2018, 10:02:24 pm

unless he's a Jerry Rice, right?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

CallThoseHawgs

Cargill A. BullHog

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 16, 2018, 11:10:16 am
unless he's a Jerry Rice, right?

I can always tell when an older poster chimes in.  Old Walter payton wasn't a shaddy ballplayer either
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

NoogaHog

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on February 16, 2018, 11:42:52 am
I can always tell when an older poster chimes in.  Old Walter payton wasn't a shaddy ballplayer either

Or this dude

Tick Hog

What exactly is the difference between a PWO and a walk on?

RebelW

Quote from: Tick Hog on February 16, 2018, 03:00:18 pm
The coach asks you or you ask the coach

ricepig

A PWO will start in the 105 at the beginning of fall practice, the next 20 start when school starts. A pwo may get to workout in the summer, too, not sure.

longtimeHogfan

I asked the same question several months ago and received several very good explanations.  The one I remember was the PWO can practice with the team.  There were other perks that someone closer to the program can remind us of......... 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I can all ways tell when a kid uses words that he doesn't know... It's shabby, not shaddy. My other favorite was when someone said "He was bleeding like a stuffed hog"... SMH
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 16, 2018, 04:00:40 pm
I can all ways tell when a kid uses words that he doesn't know... It's shabby, not shaddy. My other favorite was when someone said "He was bleeding like a stuffed hog"... SMH

I kinda like this one, " he's got diarrhea of the mouth "!

redeye

I don't think we've done much of that since HDN was fired.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 16, 2018, 10:08:41 am
Well, I watched his first 2 Hudl videos. They were uh...confusing. His first one was from 2017 spring practice. He is big (6'4" 205), but doesn't seem to be overly fast. When making his video, he couldn't figure out if he should use the Gatorade logo is a circle or a pointer, so I was often watching the wrong player.

His second video is a combination of practice, high school, and JuCo. Again, big but not overly fast. He had a couple of plays labelled. One was called "Jump Ball", but he caught it off screen, so I have no idea. He has a section called "Blocking" where you can see his technique of grabbing a DB and wrestling him to the ground and miraculously not getting called for holding.

BTW, some one should look at the Riverside RB he is blocking/holding for. That dude has speed for days.

All in all, he could be a good walk on, but he did not impress in his video.

You guys look at them and give your opinion.

The videos are on his 247 page linked in the OP.
look for the lil arrow at the bottom of the gatorade circle.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

texas tush hog

ballinhog

Does anyone have any idea what's up with Sonnier? On twitter he acts all hog but I think it's bc he knows Hog fans follow by the hundreds even thousands. I think he's looking for followers. Heard him in a radio interview, I assume a New Orleans area station, and he named 4 schools ahead of Arkansas, even Kansas. I think he's using us for twitter attention

WaltonCollege

We have a plethora of wrs already but competition is always good. Stepp also getting some of his guys, OC is from bama too.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ballinhog on February 16, 2018, 07:43:02 pm
Does anyone have any idea what's up with Sonnier? On twitter he acts all hog but I think it's bc he knows Hog fans follow by the hundreds even thousands. I think he's looking for followers. Heard him in a radio interview, I assume a New Orleans area station, and he named 4 schools ahead of Arkansas, even Kansas. I think he's using us for twitter attention
Have not a clue. However, I think the more relevant question for Hog fans is does the staff even have a legitimate interest in him, one that would lead to a firm offer? At this point I've seen nothing that would indicate such. Then again, perhaps there is one and I've just missed it.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 16, 2018, 07:54:44 pm
Have not a clue. However, I think the more relevant question for Hog fans is does the staff even have a legitimate interest in him, one that would lead to a firm offer? At this point I've seen nothing that would indicate such. Then again, perhaps there is one and I've just missed it.

I think I read it put this way the other day by a recruiting writer, he said he wasn't even following him on twitter..

snoot hoggy hog

Grambling's Chad Williams was a better wide receiver than anything we had in the past three years.

SPAL

Walter wasn't, but this guy is.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 16, 2018, 07:46:09 pm
We have a plethora of wrs already but competition is always good. Stepp also getting some of his guys, OC is from bama too.
they have 4 very distinct roles for their wide outs. This is their boundary wr type. strong, fast, and long; and they must be physical blockers over there.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on February 16, 2018, 03:52:14 pm
A PWO will start in the 105 at the beginning of fall practice, the next 20 start when school starts. A pwo may get to workout in the summer, too, not sure.

"the clear difference between a preferred walk-on versus someone who simply walks-on is that the preferred means he is guaranteed a spot on the 105 man roster day one of camp, while other walk-ons will have to go through tryouts to see if they can earn a spot on the roster."

"..preferred guys "may also be invited to summer school to train with the team. "

https://www.athleticscholarships.net/2014/02/05/the-meaning-of-a-preferred-walk-on.htm
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 16, 2018, 09:19:23 pm
Walter wasn't, but this guy is.

+1 For giving me a "Why didn't I think of that.!?" moment...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 17, 2018, 01:13:28 am
they have 4 very distinct roles for their wide outs. This is their boundary wr type. strong, fast, and long; and they must be physical blockers over there.
Obviously they got a "Heads Up" from someone about this kid in order to even take a chance on a PWO. Let's see what they can do with a little coaching. I can hardly wait for spring ball.!!!

NoogaHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 16, 2018, 06:17:28 pm
look for the lil arrow at the bottom of the gatorade circle.

Why are you telling me that? Half of the video he has himself in the circle and the other half he is below the pointer. You usually don't know which one before the play starts and then you figure it out and have to rewind and watch the play again. Did you even watch the videos before dispensing this great knowledge?

I didn't make the video. I just shared my observation. I would love to hear the opinions of other guys who watched the videos.

liljo

Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

ballinhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 16, 2018, 07:54:44 pm

My assumption is that our staff isn't even interested in him

MFG

Quote from: ballinhog on February 16, 2018, 07:43:02 pm

He's been lying about his offers for attention.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 16, 2018, 05:16:44 pm
I kinda like this one, “ he’s got diarrhea of the mouth “!

and constipation of the mind...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Cargill A. BullHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 16, 2018, 04:00:40 pm

I'm certainly not a kid, I'd wager I'm a bit oler than yourself, but I did mispell "shabby".  Usually the computer catches my mistakes, not sure why it didn't this time.

My first post was unclear, and I've learned that can get you in trouble on one of these message boards where everyone gets hurt feelings.

What I meant was that there has been some serious talent come through the SWAC.  It could be argued the 2 greatest players in NFL history, and that some of the younger posters who look only at stars and offer sheets may miss on a talented player every now and then.  I have no problem beating out a Grambling or MSVSU every now and then for a particular player.

I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on February 19, 2018, 04:24:11 pm
I'm certainly not a kid, I'd wager I'm a bit oler than yourself, but I did mispell "shabby".  Usually the computer catches my mistakes, not sure why it didn't this time.

My first post was unclear, and I've learned that can get you in trouble on one of these message boards where everyone gets hurt feelings.

What I meant was that there has been some serious talent come through the SWAC.  It could be argued the 2 greatest players in NFL history, and that some of the younger posters who look only at stars and offer sheets may miss on a talented player every now and then.  I have no problem beating out a Grambling or MSVSU every now and then for a particular player.

This if the Facebook generation.....they always get upset when something doesn't agree with them, even if it isn't any of their business in the first place. 

Jim Harris

I saw Jerry Rice play in person for MVSU at UAPB when I was a "cub" reporter way back when. Catching throws from Willie Totten, a college record-setter at the time. Archie Cooley was coaching on the other sideline at this time. UAPB was in great position to win the game but blew it late, if I recall that right. We'd already heard tons about Rice and Totten, but I still didn't realize I was watching a future NFL Hall of Famer.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

twistitup

I heard a young kid say 'that team good, they are loaded with bear' ....I said, loaded for bear? He said NO - they are tough and mean...loaded with bear.

I didn't argue...just walked away
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 20, 2018, 12:36:36 pm
I heard a young kid say 'that team good, they are loaded with bear' ....I said, loaded for bear? He said NO - they are tough and mean...loaded with bear.

Sure it wasn't beer?

twistitup

lasthog

Quote from: twistitup on February 20, 2018, 12:36:36 pm

Okay, not to be a topper, but I saw a NFL rookie complain that he had jet legs.

twistitup

Quote from: lasthog on February 20, 2018, 11:51:53 pm
Okay, not to be a topper, but I saw a NFL rookie complain that he had jet legs.

Hilarious

I'm not feeling good today, kinda tired...damn jet legs