Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I wonder...

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, September 27, 2017, 05:29:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

...just how tightly Calipari's bung hole is puckered about now.  The news through this afternoon, including Pitino and Pearl, is a result of the adidas investigation.  Now the DOJ has subpoenaed similar documentation from Nike. 

This could be really, really fun before too long.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

husker71

not much IMHO   I am sure he has cheated since he got to Kentucky BUT  don't think he has to in the last several years.  I am talking about the funnel them money type cheating.  Same with Saban at Alabama, the give them money days are not needed at some schools anymore.  Duke basketball is in that same boat.

PLHawg

Quote from: husker71 on September 27, 2017, 05:33:56 pm
not much IMHO   I am sure he has cheated since he got to Kentucky BUT  don't think he has to in the last several years.  I am talking about the funnel them money type cheating.  Same with Saban at Alabama, the give them money days are not needed at some schools anymore.  Duke basketball is in that same boat.

I see what you're saying to a degree, and looking at Kentucky's message boards they're full in on the "KY doesn't need to pay, recruits are lined up to play for them".  Then again put yourself in the shoes of a top ten recruit:  I can go to Kentucky and be one and done and be a top draft pick and make millions of dollars, or I can go to school X, be one and done make millions of dollars AND get maybe 200K RIGHT NOW.  Sorry, I don't see top recruits waving off that kind of $ just for the honor of playing for Calipari.  Makes no sense whatsoever.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: PLHawg on September 27, 2017, 05:41:43 pm
I see what you're saying to a degree, and looking at Kentucky's message boards they're full in on the "KY doesn't need to pay, recruits are lined up to play for them".  Then again put yourself in the shoes of a top ten recruit:  I can go to Kentucky and be one and done and be a top draft pick and make millions of dollars, or I can go to school X, be one and done make millions of dollars AND get maybe 200K RIGHT NOW.  Sorry, I don't see top recruits waving off that kind of $ just for the honor of playing for Calipari.  Makes no sense whatsoever.
he had to do something to get Monk out of Arkansas. And you don't believe it was just a buisness decision do you?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

King Kong

azhog10

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 27, 2017, 05:29:07 pm
...just how tightly Calipari's bung hole is puckered about now.  The news through this afternoon, including Pitino and Pearl, is a result of the adidas investigation.  Now the DOJ has subpoenaed similar documentation from Nike. 

He would have to get busted through an agent if it were to happen.

He pioneered this stuff so don't hold your breath. At most an assistant would get implicated.

PonderinHog

He's well insulated from the shady dealings, but he knows.

ShadowHawg

So if I offer you $100k to play at Fla you are going to Kentucky to play for free?

LR_Matt

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 27, 2017, 05:29:07 pm

About as much as CMA's I'm sure.

98hogs

Calipari has others deliver black bags of cash, it will come out one day

MountieDawg

SEC!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 29, 2017, 09:34:08 am
John Wall and Karl Townes talk about the FBI investigation...

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/9/28/16380508/john-wall-karl-towns-speak-recruiting-scandal

In other news, Cam Newton affirms nothing wrong was done to get his commitment for Auburn.

OMG you have to read this. It's comedy gold!!!!!

Jim Harris

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 29, 2017, 09:34:08 am
John Wall and Karl Townes talk about the FBI investigation...

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/9/28/16380508/john-wall-karl-towns-speak-recruiting-scandal

What John Wall doesn't tell you is that his mother didn't have to work 3 and 4 jobs his last two years in high school.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson