Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Garmin Pilot App

Started by gotyacovered, June 26, 2012, 04:32:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

June 26, 2012, 04:32:45 pm Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:01:07 pm by gotyacovered
i stopped by the airport at lunch today and got to "demo" the Garmin app that is set to compete with FF/WingX.

i walked away jealous. the interface is almost exactly like all the new stuff... (GTN series). being a regular 696 user, it was instantly maneuverable for me. i liked it. i dont think the flight planning side is going to be as easy, but def comparable and seemed to have the same functionality. i really like how FF has the one line search function i.e. M18 KOSH N42653 9500ft 13gph 126kts and get a quick look at nm, time and fuel burn with foretasted winds. as far as i could tell Garmin was lacking that item.

he didnt have a specific aircraft profiled so i couldnt go all the way thru the flight planning part, but when it is time for my FF renewal, i will consider looking at it.

FWIW... the total cost if you get the FF Pro version the cost is the same. there was an additional charge on there for $9.99 per month, i think that might have been for the XMWX subscription. i am already paying ~$50 for XMWX aviator pro and radio for my 696, so i probably wouldn't double up there... it would be a tough decision is FF is able to maintain the current pricing structure. now, if i could get my WX thru my current antenna the 696 used... diff story, but i doubt that is possible.

in a perfect world i would have both ;D
You are what you tolerate.