Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB will be gone.................

Started by Tweeter, September 27, 2017, 07:45:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweeter

after year end.  It's going to happen everyone just has to ride the season out.  What I am more concerned about is that Jeffery is going to be allowed to make the next hire by himself again.  I don't trust him to hire the next football coach.

hobhog

rljjr

Jimbob111

Quote from: Tweeter on September 27, 2017, 07:45:59 am
after year end.  It's going to happen everyone just has to ride the season out.  What I am more concerned about is that Jeffery is going to be allowed to make the next hire by himself again.  I don't trust him to hire the next football coach.

If true, at this point, I don't believe Long is making the decision unless under duress and in that case, I'm not sure Long will be hiring the next coach "by himself" at all.

I think Beliema WILL be gone once the season plays out but I'm not sure Long is there in his own mind yet.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

lunchbox72703

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

The_Iceman

Jeff Long has done a very good job of hiring coaches. Yes, they don't always work out, but the initial hires are great.

ricepig

It wouldn't be HV if I didn't ask for sources???

gchamblee

Excellent thread. It covers a new topic that hasn't been discussed yet and has lots of factual details. This should be stickied.

forrest city joe

Nope.coach B is not going anywhere.in fact after seeing what is going on at Louisville at this time.it looks like the head basketball coach and the AD may have just got fired.Jeff Long saying we are not a win at all cost program,came at just the right time. he is not going anywhere unless he leaves on his own.

texas tush hog

Jeffie need to go.

hawgon

I honestly think that unless he turns it around, Bert is going to walk away whether Jeff wants him to or not.  This cannot keep up.  Jeff has the option of insulating himself from it, Bert does not.

forrest city joe

Quote from: texas tush hog on September 27, 2017, 09:47:38 am

Jeffie need to go.
Do you see what is happening in Louisville? if there were any thought of getting Long and coach B out of here. it may have ended with this Louisville mess. the win at all cost stuff Long has been talking about is front and center now.

draftkings33

No more coaches from the North please.  Too many on staff

mjsphd

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 27, 2017, 09:53:31 am
Do you see what is happening in Louisville? if there were any thought of getting Long and coach B out of here. it may have ended with this Louisville mess. the win at all cost stuff Long has been talking about is front and center now.

I definitely agree.  Having a "clean" program that the Board of Trustees can be "proud" of will be of utmost importance.

Next1_04

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 09:32:31 am
Excellent thread. It covers a new topic that hasn't been discussed yet and has lots of factual details. This should be stickied.

I nominate it for thread of the year. Thoughts?

gchamblee

Tweeter

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 09:32:31 am
If you don't like the thread why you commenting on it???

sickboy

Quote from: draftkings33 on September 27, 2017, 09:54:49 am
No more coaches from the North please.  Too many on staff

Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, Kirk Ferentz, James Franklin, Mike Dantonio, Chris Peterson, David Shaw...

You're telling me if any of these guys were interested in coaching the Hogs... you'd say no?

gchamblee

Quote from: Tweeter on September 27, 2017, 10:52:00 am
If you don't like the thread why you commenting on it???

the same reason your crowd vandalizes all threads that try to look at the positive side of anything football. if those posters cant have safe spaces, neither can you. <hands you a tissue>

Hoggish1

Calling All Hogs

The road is Long with many a winding turn that leads us to who knows where...

factchecker

Quote from: sickboy on September 27, 2017, 10:53:09 am
Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, Kirk Ferentz, James Franklin, Mike Dantonio, Chris Peterson, David Shaw...

You're telling me if any of these guys were interested in coaching the Hogs... you'd say no?

Isn't the god of hogville (Petrino) from up North.  I'd consider Montana anything but south.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Inhogswetrust

WOW! We haven't heard this before. Thanks for the breaking news.....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

gchamblee

Quote from: factchecker on September 27, 2017, 10:58:53 am
Isn't the god of hogville (Petrino) from up North.  I'd consider Montana anything but south.

If you aren't in New York or Cali, you're in the midwest.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 27, 2017, 10:57:47 am

It leads me to your door...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 27, 2017, 10:57:47 am

"...But I'm strong....Strong enough to carry him...."
Uh...no.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Uncle Remus

All I am going to say is this...I have recently visited with a BIG donor and very well known booster for the Razorbacks.  He pulled up the contract for me as well as a text chain between those that open their wallets for the University.  He said that BB leaving after this season was EXTREMELY unlikely due to the buyout and that realistically, we may be with him through next season as well.  He just said that in spite of what is going on within the program as far as wins and losses go, that is the only thing on the current horizon that would necessitate a change.  To come up with over $11 million...which is what it would take effective January 1, 2018 through 2018 is not realistic, nor is the 7 plus million he would be owed after next season.  He said the most likely scenario is that if we are middle of the road the next two years...possibly see a change before the 2020 season.  Again, this is from an individual who has discussions about the track of the program daily...and wields some influence.  He expressed that getting rid of him before 2018 was not in the realm of reality.

code red

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 09:52:50 am
I honestly think that unless he turns it around, Bert is going to walk away whether Jeff wants him to or not.  This cannot keep up.  Jeff has the option of insulating himself from it, Bert does not.

I don't know how can he walk away from all that cash?  It would be highly unlikely CBB would get a power 5 job for his next stint.  I doubt he would walk.  He is sitting pretty and he knows it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

porkrindjimmy

I think Jeff is going to call Bobby...

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Uncle Remus on September 27, 2017, 11:10:54 am
All I am going to say is this...I have recently visited with a BIG donor and very well known booster for the Razorbacks.  He pulled up the contract for me as well as a text chain between those that open their wallets for the University.  He said that BB leaving after this season was EXTREMELY unlikely due to the buyout and that realistically, we may be with him through next season as well.  He just said that in spite of what is going on within the program as far as wins and losses go, that is the only thing on the current horizon that would necessitate a change.  To come up with over $11 million...which is what it would take effective January 1, 2018 through 2018 is not realistic, nor is the 7 plus million he would be owed after next season.  He said the most likely scenario is that if we are middle of the road the next two years...possibly see a change before the 2020 season.  Again, this is from an individual who has discussions about the track of the program daily...and wields some influence.  He expressed that getting rid of him before 2018 was not in the realm of reality.

Then expect things to go from bad to real ugly...very quickly into the offseason. There is only so much of strain a bit more, nothing on the film that can't be corrected....and this is the best(insert positions here) I have ever been around till the masses flip that switch.

Ugly.

PRJ

The OTR

Joe this may be the most reasonable, sensible, and thoughtful thing you've ever posted. 

I hope to see more of this type of post by you in the future. Good job.

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogblitz

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 11:34:07 am
Then expect things to go from bad to real ugly...very quickly into the offseason. There is only so much of strain a bit more, nothing on the film that can't be corrected....and this is the best(insert positions here) I have ever been around till the masses flip that switch.

Ugly.

PRJ
f
I suspect the situation is fluid. I think the situation changes every week.   I would REALLY be surprised if he is here next season.  Particularly if a losing record is achieved.  Heck, even if he wins 6 or 7 he may quit.  I think there would be a negotiated settlement reached and maybe changing of language in the contract that might benefit Bielema at his next stop. 

hawgon

At some point Bielema may feel as trapped by that high buyout at the school does.

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:44:26 am
At some point Bielema may feel as trapped by that high buyout at the school does.

Most of what you post is rubbish, but this is actually a solid opinion.

presidenthog

You know how I know you don't know anything? That 11 million can be paid out over the next 5 years. That is a little over 2 million a year. We don't have to drop 11 million. We just have to make the finances work. There are donors who can help alleviate that problem.

Also if he takes another job it off sets the amount he is paid. So in the end it could literally be nothing.

presidenthog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:44:26 am

He can leave tomorrow for less than a million I believe. He is not trapped here.

hogblitz

Quote from: presidenthog on September 27, 2017, 11:49:10 am
You know how I know you don't know anything? That 11 million can be paid out over the next 5 years. That is a little over 2 million a year. We don't have to drop 11 million. We just have to make the finances work. There are donors who can help alleviate that problem.

Also if he takes another job it off sets the amount he is paid. So in the end it could literally be nothing.
I agree with everything you said but that last part.  There is no way Bielema would leave with no money.  I think he would leave with a negotiated reduced settlement. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 27, 2017, 10:40:16 am
I nominate it for thread of the year. Thoughts?

Why stop there.  I've been on this board for more than 10 years and this one is the best I've seen during my tenure, hands down!

porkrindjimmy

hawgon

Quote from: hogblitz on September 27, 2017, 11:53:15 am
I agree with everything you said but that last part.  There is no way Bielema would leave with no money.  I think he would leave with a negotiated reduced settlement.

What he is saying is that if we fire him and he goes out and gets another coaching job, the buyout is BY CONTRACT mitigated against his new salary.  If the salary is high enough, his buyout could be reduced to very little.

hogblitz

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:57:24 am
What he is saying is that if we fire him and he goes out and gets another coaching job, the buyout is BY CONTRACT mitigated against his new salary.  If the salary is high enough, his buyout could be reduced to very little.
I understand that.  However, that is very unlikely. CBB holds some of the cards.  There would probably be a mutual agreement between both parties to part ways and they would STILL pay him a reduced buyout amount to leave.  No way he leaves ALL that money on the table. 

hawgon

Quote from: hogblitz on September 27, 2017, 12:01:55 pm
I understand that.  However, that is very unlikely. CBB holds some of the cards.  There would probably be a mutual agreement between both parties to part ways and they would STILL pay him a reduced buyout amount to leave.  No way he leaves ALL that money on the table.

Well, if he is fired, it isn't his choice.  If he wishes to leave or is offered negotiated buyout that will be paid sooner and without having to mitigate, you might be right.

hogblitz

Quote from: hogblitz on September 27, 2017, 12:01:55 pm
They would also change the language that would not penalize him for taking another job.

lawhawg20

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 10:53:26 am
the same reason your crowd vandalizes all threads that try to look at the positive side of anything football. if those posters cant have safe spaces, neither can you. <hands you a tissue>

Hear, hear!

hogblitz

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 12:04:09 pm
Well, if he is fired, it isn't his choice.  If he wishes to leave or is offered negotiated buyout that will be paid sooner and without having to mitigate, you might be right.
I may be completely wrong but I just do not think he will be outright fired.  CBB is a young coach that will probably want to come out of this thing as clean as possible.  I imagine that he would like to coach somewhere else as a head coach. 

hawgon

Quote from: hogblitz on September 27, 2017, 12:12:28 pm
I may be completely wrong but I just do not think he will be outright fired.  CBB is a young coach that will probably want to come out of this thing as clean as possible.  I imagine that he would like to coach somewhere else as a head coach.

Well, I think so too, but Long is the problem or the key.  Long may not be willing to let him do it because that will mean that Long failed too.

BILLYBOB

What? This sounds like BS. Your friend, Mr. Big Time Pimp, needs to spend more time on Hogville. Get hisself educated.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski