Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State taunting us

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, November 04, 2017, 04:58:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dropkick

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 04, 2017, 07:49:00 pm
Been many a year since Arkansas was ASU's yardstick. This year it was Nebraska and should have been Miami. Next year it will be Bama.
If you would be honest, ASU fans are obsessed with what the Hogs do and take to social media about it at every opportunity.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: LRRandy on November 04, 2017, 07:59:26 pm
yay track.
take the track away....we have 2....win two, and then we'll play the Mange Wolves in that dumpster fire, tick infested shid hole of a town called Jonesboro
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

BrianG

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 04, 2017, 07:27:07 pm
Which ASU raised to build their practice facility.

Please get yours get your facts straight before you open your stupid mouth.  No student fees were used for the practice facility...idiot.  We are bad and you morons start bashing a school that has an entertaining football team.  They would kick our ads if the school wasn't too scared to play them.  Lol....We suck so you have too speak up about something you know nothing about.  With fans like that we deserve everything we are getting.

DemiHOG

Don't blame them, they are better than we are. We should be playing them anyway, when we get better anyway

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: BrianG on November 04, 2017, 08:02:51 pm
Please get yours get your facts straight before you open your stupid mouth.  No student fees were used for the practice facility...idiot.  We are bad and you morons start bashing a school that has an entertaining football team.  They would kick our ads if the school wasn't too scared to play them.  Lol....We suck so you have too speak up about something you know nothing about.  With fans like that we deserve everything we are getting.
What do we have to gain by playing them...win, we are supposed to, lose and Jesus himself descends upon the Jonesboro skyline and throw blessings to all who inhabit that tick infested, dumpster fire of a town

Dropkick

Does ASU charge their students a fee for the athletic program? Where does that money go? Does UA charge that type fee?

LZH

Quote from: DemiHOG on November 04, 2017, 08:05:39 pm
Don't blame them, they are better than we are. We should be playing them anyway, when we get better anyway

ASU would prison rape us this year......I don't blame them for crowing.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: BrianG on November 04, 2017, 08:03:47 pm
Fck you a s s hole.
Hell, you guys couldn't even hold a 23 point lead back in the late 80's in the NIT hoops tournament when our primary weapon was "Fire the Cannon" Whitby...if the Mange Wolves couldn't beat that Razorback team, you will never beat a Razorback team....look, this is easy, get good enough on a consistent basis and the UA will be forced to play you...but ASU is going to have to beat Alabama, LSU, Georgia or some team with that type of standing because the UA has

LRRandy

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 04, 2017, 08:05:47 pm
What do we have to gain by playing them...win, we are supposed to, lose and Jesus himself descends upon the Jonesboro skyline and throw blessings to all who inhabit that tick infested, dumpster fire of a town
I wonder if Ricepig has ticks or if his dumpster is on fire.
This is fun, isn't it.

elksnort

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 04, 2017, 08:01:31 pm
All I need. Easily spotted. 
see, your posts are usually very good, well-thought-out. But you're judging my character in regards to my team is faulty and presumptive.

kid squealer

"tick infested"???  Stoooop, its mosquitoes not ticks!  Bafoon!  lol
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

PossumFan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 04, 2017, 07:57:33 pm
Makes no sense to play them until they've hung 43 National Championship banners that their sports program has won. When they do this, I say play them in football and basketball every year in that tick infested dumpster fire of a town called Jonesboro.

Is this the criteria Arkansas uses in scheduling other nonconference opponents?

Yeah, didn't think so.

leroyhawg

I'm a Hog fan, I think we should at least play ASU every 5 years or so and every year in Basketball. Might help us keep our coaches straight, it would be easier to fire BB if we had lost to ASU.

Also look at the Coaches that have come out of ASU the last few years, in my opinion Mike Anderson could get more players out of this State that would produce more than some of these 3 and 4 stars from other states.

Football is back to Citadel level, to use the words of another man that needs to go, drain the swamp
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Atlhogfan1

November 04, 2017, 08:14:55 pm #114 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:29:55 pm by Atlhogfan1
Quote from: elksnort on November 04, 2017, 08:11:11 pm
see, your posts are usually very good, well-thought-out. But you're judging my character in regards to my team is faulty and presumptive.

Edited earlier post. 

Hog board.  I don't care for the Ark St nonsense on our board. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: kid squealer on November 04, 2017, 08:12:00 pm
"tick infested"???  Stoooop, its mosquitoes not ticks!  Bafoon!  lol
yes, tick infested..but mosquitoes also..man, I hate responding to one dimensional thinkers

GolfNut57

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 04, 2017, 07:50:12 pm
LOL. So it is whatever P5 team you are losing to each season?

Yep. That's what I measure ASU against every year. The games they play vs their peer FBS brethren.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hog of steele

Quote from: PossumFan on November 04, 2017, 08:13:52 pm
Is this the criteria Arkansas uses in scheduling other nonconference opponents?

Yeah, didn't think so.

The ones that get a home and home. Is ASU wanting to come to Fayetteville with no profit sharing and no return game? Cause I would change my stance if that was the deal.

GolfNut57

Makes no sense to play them until they've hung 43 National Championship banners that their sports program has won. When they do this, I say play them in football and basketball every year in that tick infested dumpster fire of a town called Jonesboro.

Lol....when you have nothing else, bring up the track titles. Btw, ASU has a few titles in that sport too.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

RME

We just beat Coastal Carolina by 1 and we're having a 3-page (soon to be 7) debate about Arkansas State.

Lol.

*pours another Jack*

hog of steele

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 04, 2017, 08:17:26 pm
Lol....when you have nothing else, bring up the track titles. Btw, ASU has a few titles in that sport too.

D1 titles?

Seminole Indian

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 04, 2017, 08:17:30 pm
We just beat Coastal Carolina by 1 and we're having a 3-page (soon to be 7) debate about Arkansas State.

Lol.

*pours another Jack*
Wait till next year.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

RME

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 04, 2017, 08:19:54 pm
Wait till next year.

Do we play Arkansas State next year? I'm confused.

Unless you're repeating our fanbases' mantra, which I get.

leroyhawg

Quote from: Karma on November 04, 2017, 05:01:17 pm
Let's see if Edwards can stay eligible at Arkansas.my vote is play them, may the best team win, back in the 80's Nolans team had to come back from 20 down to beat them, it was a high profile game and saved Nolans Arkansas career, without it no National Championship, I was there never forget what Nolan accomplished here, my favorite coach in any sport, I fought for Nolan when most of the fan base wanted him gone.
Without that chip on his shoulder from Racist Arkansas never has that 94 Trophy, now let the darn hit th fan, lol

Navin Johnson

GolfNut57

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 04, 2017, 08:10:21 pm
Hell, you guys couldn't even hold a 23 point lead back in the late 80's in the NIT hoops tournament when our primary weapon was "Fire the Cannon" Whitby...if the Mange Wolves couldn't beat that Razorback team, you will never beat a Razorback team....look, this is easy, get good enough on a consistent basis and the UA will be forced to play you...but ASU is going to have to beat Alabama, LSU, Georgia or some team with that type of standing because the UA has

Give ASU the recruiting advantages of being in the SEC along with the guaranteed money share and it would be interesting to see how high ASU would climb. Just admit that right now Arkansas is the tick that's latched onto the SEC coattails. As a school you provide nothing to SEC football. You'd be better off in the conference with Texas and OKLAHOMA.

hview

What an awesome win, against power house Coastal.

GolfNut57

leroyhawg

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 04, 2017, 05:14:13 pm
Who cares? They would beat the piss out of us. All this stupid trash talking when we're getting beat by the worst team in their league is cowardice honestly.
Ditto

Navin Johnson

Atlhogfan1

From a program with 1 win over a P5 program 9 seasons ago. 

LRRandy

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 04, 2017, 08:25:18 pm
Give ASU the recruiting advantages of being in the SEC along with the guaranteed money share and it would be interesting to see how high ASU would climb. Just admit that right now Arkansas is the tick that's latched onto the SEC coattails. As a school you provide nothing to SEC football. You'd be better off in the conference with Texas and OKLAHOMA.
this thread is full of ticks. But hey, Hog fans get to wave sec banners when Bama plays in the championship game. So there's that.
This is fun, isn't it.

leroyhawg

this argument is getting old

Navin Johnson

j-mann

yeah jonesboro has gotten bad   all they care about is red woif buld the heart of jonesboro  is out by the nea hosp  near brookland    what i hate about jonesboro is their downtown has no parking  and very few ramps   

it used to have charter  a place u wouild be proud of   but now the mall is overrated  hardly any food court   we used to get LR and memphis tv  now its just jonesboro   its home  to me but i would not want to raise a family here   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

leroyhawg

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 04, 2017, 08:17:30 pm

Lol.

*pours another Jack*
fun times, lol

Navin Johnson

GolfNut57

Quote from: j-mann on November 04, 2017, 08:40:03 pm
yeah jonesboro has gotten bad   all they care about is red woif buld the heart of jonesboro  is out by the nea hosp  near brookland    what i hate about jonesboro is their downtown has no parking  and very few ramps   

it used to have charter  a place u wouild be proud of   but now the mall is overrated  hardly any food court   we used to get LR and memphis tv  now its just jonesboro   its home  to me but i would not want to raise a family here   

This post reeks of booze. lol

j-mann

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 04, 2017, 08:25:18 pm
Arkansas wouild had been frozed out by tex  in the big 12   

without the Sec  arkansas is a AAC or MWest school right now   

a-st wouild be a iowa st or a miss st 1 of a-st biggest plom  its a 30'000 seat stamium that gets only about 16 k a game unlees they play memphis or power5   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

j-mann

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 04, 2017, 08:44:30 pm
This post reeks of booze. lol
i have cereal palsy chronic fatiue  and ra   i wish  it was just booze   

Justifiable Hogicide

Did ASU win today? Did they even play? Who cares.
It is of no consequence to ASU or anyone else - they are so disappointed Arkansas came back to win another game.

hog of steele

Quote from: j-mann on November 04, 2017, 08:48:53 pm
Arkansas wouild had been frozed out by tex  in the big 12   

without the Sec  arkansas is a AAC or MWest school right now

Good thing we had what the history, facilities, and money we needed to be in the SEC.

rwspear

The Hawg Marshal

I stand by my statement . But if you can post something that proves me wrong, I'll retract it. I don't think I'd be calling people stupid, it's not a good look.

MontanaBack

Quote from: PossumFan on November 04, 2017, 07:10:15 pm
Yep, that's me. Let Arkansas continue to shun the "little brother" _ it only reflects poorly on the Hogs while the Red Wolves annually are unafraid to schedule any number of "better" P5 teams, like Miami this year and 'Bama next year.

And they get wrecked by everyone they schedule. 

kid squealer

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 04, 2017, 08:15:09 pm
yes, tick infested..but mosquitoes also..man, I hate responding to one dimensional thinkers
as I said....BAFOON!  lol. enjoy 69'er
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

PossumFan

Quote from: MontanaBack on November 04, 2017, 08:57:44 pm
And they get wrecked by everyone they schedule.

OK, so keep on scheduling the likes of Coastal Carolina and Nicholls since they do SO much better against P5 opponents. Hogs have so much to gain by playing those guys.

hog of steele

Quote from: PossumFan on November 04, 2017, 09:07:34 pm
OK, so keep on scheduling the likes of Coastal Carolina and Nicholls since they do SO much better against P5 opponents. Hogs have so much to gain by playing those guys.

State doesn't want a Nichols state contract. They want a home/home or neutral game. So AR would lose millions. If state wants a game (not a payday) I would be for it.

snf6278

Awe, it's so cute that the step children have come out to play.

bondhue

Quote from: Seebs on November 04, 2017, 07:34:10 pm
Edwards can use his ASU sheepskin to wipe his brow  when he changes my brake pads in two years.
Duh, can you remove the wheel and two bolts on the caliper?  The pad usually just clips in.  Sorry to be so supercilious, I graduated from ASU.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hog of steele on November 04, 2017, 09:12:12 pm
State doesn't want a Nichols state contract. They want a home/home or neutral game. So AR would lose millions. If state wants a game (not a payday) I would be for it.

Uh, AR paid CCU $1.5 million for today's game. How would they lose millions playing ASU knowing the game would be a lock for selling out even if you charged $200. per ticket? Did you see the crowd at today's game? Just imagine every seat with a butt in it and lines still at the gates waiting to use those $50. standing room only tickets.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 04, 2017, 06:59:33 pm
We are the 3rd best team in the state, but we go to class and have integrity. Minus the whole stealing from the bowl sponsor thingy

And spitting in opponent's face....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hog of steele

Just because folks didn't come doesn't mean the seat wasn't sold. I get how it's a big paycheck for the red wolves. But giving up a home game for a sunbelt team is a losing proposition.