Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss best recruiters in college football apparently

Started by hollywood hog, November 12, 2015, 02:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hollywood hog

Crystal ball is starting to favor Gregory Little to Ole Miss now. Number 2 overall composite player in this class out of Allen, Texas.  They have the number 4 overall player and number 1 QB out of Florida committed.  Now the number 1 RB in the class from NJ is coming in for a visit.  These guys are going to get burned and burned badly.  They aren't important enough as a program to not get hammered.  Or... Ole Miss really does have the best recruiters in football. 

PorkRinds

This is after they get upset by unranked Arkansas....

The_Iceman

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

duckman

Smokehouse

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 12, 2015, 02:59:02 pm
This is after they get upset by unranked Arkansas....

Maybe Little saw the game and just really thought Ole Miss needed his help...  :-\
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Wildhog

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 12, 2015, 03:34:15 pm
Maybe Little saw the game and just really thought Ole Miss needed his help...  :-\

I wish he wouldn't do that.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: duckman on November 12, 2015, 03:11:43 pm
It'$ nut$ i$n't it....
EVERYBODY knows about it. We even know how much they get for a visit, a commit, etc. It's absolutely ridiculous.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

razorbacker3

Atlhogfan1

Allen Tx plays that 7on7 nonsense.  Below is a comment he made when he was committed to A&M:

Why he loves A&M

It's simple, according to Little. It'll be a smooth transition to the next level, and he loves it. "I like the offense because it's the same offense we run in high school, the spread, and the spread is more simple, more like my playing style," Little told Sporting News. "I'm athletic, I get downfield and get to the next level. In the pro-style you run the ball quite a few times, but in the spread you don't run it as much. I think there is some preservation of your body in (the spread) offense, too."

Is this what you want in an olineman?

This is why I made the comment I did about Florida vs Texas recruits.  It was partly a tongue in cheek comment.  But I also believe there is some truth to it.  Texas high school players IMO can tend to be soft prima donnas.  They are so well developed in Texas through youth football into high school that some are near their ceiling when they come out.  Then you add in this prima donna attitude. 

It is no wonder why the Big 12 is viewed upon as a soft conference or why the Horns went downhill as they got softer.  It is an attitude and culture they have created. 

I can't believe Bama or LSU would want this kid with that kind of attitude.  I wouldn't want his soft playing ass in our program.  Go play for Matt Luke and that "terrific" ;) OM oline.  It will preserve you. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Capt_Marvel

Großer Kriegschwein

Once they finally connect the dots, it will break out like $MU. Freeze will get 5 year show-cause and Ole Miss boosters that did it will hire a new bagman after the sanctions.
This is my non-signature signature.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 12, 2015, 03:59:10 pm
Allen Tx plays that 7on7 nonsense. 

Current 53 game win streak, 3 straight titles in Texas' largest classification and current #2 in the country as per USA Today.  Not too bad for nonsense football. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on November 12, 2015, 04:12:53 pm
Current 53 game win streak, 3 straight titles in Texas' largest classification and current #2 in the country as per USA Today.  Not too bad for nonsense football.

Great for them on the high school level.  I am aware of their success.  Lil Murray never lost a game. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hollywood hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 12, 2015, 03:59:10 pm
Allen Tx plays that 7on7 nonsense.  Below is a comment he made when he was committed to A&M:

Why he loves A&M

It's simple, according to Little. It'll be a smooth transition to the next level, and he loves it. "I like the offense because it's the same offense we run in high school, the spread, and the spread is more simple, more like my playing style," Little told Sporting News. "I'm athletic, I get downfield and get to the next level. In the pro-style you run the ball quite a few times, but in the spread you don't run it as much. I think there is some preservation of your body in (the spread) offense, too."

Is this what you want in an olineman?

This is why I made the comment I did about Florida vs Texas recruits.  It was partly a tongue in cheek comment.  But I also believe there is some truth to it.  Texas high school players IMO can tend to be soft prima donnas.  They are so well developed in Texas through youth football into high school that some are near their ceiling when they come out.  Then you add in this prima donna attitude. 

It is no wonder why the Big 12 is viewed upon as a soft conference or why the Horns went downhill as they got softer.  It is an attitude and culture they have created. 

I can't believe Bama or LSU would want this kid with that kind of attitude.  I wouldn't want his soft playing ass in our program.  Go play for Matt Luke and that "terrific" ;) OM oline.  It will preserve you.

I think we got J-Will from the same school.  Not soft, no prima donna, just an absolute stud with a good head on his shoulders.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 12, 2015, 04:14:03 pm
Great for them on the high school level.  I am aware of their success.  Lil Murray never lost a game.

Lil Murray is too vertically challenged to make a difference at aTm I think.  But he was Hell on Wheels at Allen.

Little is a beast though, despite their playing the spread and what he said.  Maybe I'm wrong.  He does pretty well I think against their competition which often is comprised of D1 guys.  The best lineman in the area, maybe better than Little, may be the guy at McKinney North. Madubuike, a DE, who is committed to aTm. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 12, 2015, 04:23:54 pm
I think we got J-Will from the same school.  Not soft, no prima donna, just an absolute stud with a good head on his shoulders.

Obviously not the same mindset as this olineman. 

JWill was there a number of years back. 

I also knew someone would likely throw this out and it is why I took a little extra time to explain earlier - "some truth to it".  Should have known it wouldn't have done any good. 

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on November 12, 2015, 04:24:27 pm
Lil Murray is too vertically challenged to make a difference at aTm I think.  But he was Hell on Wheels at Allen.

Little is a beast though, despite their playing the spread and what he said.  Maybe I'm wrong.  He does pretty well I think against their competition which often is comprised of D1 guys.  The best lineman in the area, maybe better than Little, may be the guy at McKinney North. Madubuike, a DE, who is committed to aTm. 

He doesn't sound like a beast. 

Of course their comp will have D1 players.  One of the richest areas of the US with some of the nation's largest high schools where football isn't just emphasized but perspective seems to get lost. 

My post about Little was just some insight into why he is looking at a program like OM. 

OGR69

And we get to play them this weekend in the playoffs.  Lucky us.  After watching much film-my son says they can be beat-said nobody has ever come out and just punched them in the mouth-everyone is intimidated.  My son "says" they are not and have a good game plan for them.  Nobody gives us a chance, but the pressure is on them to continue the win streak, and they are (have been) over looking us and talking about/preparing for the next round already.

The Boar War

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 12, 2015, 04:10:23 pm
Once they finally connect the dots, it will break out like $MU. Freeze will get 5 year show-cause and Ole Miss boosters that did it will hire a new bagman after the sanctions.

They don't have the power anymore.  Either that or they realize that there's too much money to be lost by pulling tv appearances, setting star players, etc.  They had Cam Newton and Manziel dead to rights and nothing happened.

chenalhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 12, 2015, 03:39:30 pm
EVERYBODY knows about it. We even know how much they get for a visit, a commit, etc. It's absolutely ridiculous.
please share that with us

jkstock04

Question....why would Pennamon be considering flipping to us if he is getting paid by ole Miss?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RME

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 12, 2015, 06:35:10 pm
Question....why would Pennamon be considering flipping to us if he is getting paid by ole Miss?

Shhhhhh...don't bring any valid reasoning into this place

ricepig

Why did Eric Dickerson take the Trans AM from aTm and sign with SMU, kids these days...........

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: chenalhog on November 12, 2015, 05:59:59 pm
please share that with us
the have "tiers" but the rumor is $1,000 cash for just a visit.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on November 12, 2015, 06:41:22 pm
Why did Eric Dickerson take the Trans AM from aTm and sign with SMU, kids these days...........
you beat me to it.

jkstock04

That's a no brainer to me...SMU probably paid him more handsomely. At least there with SMU, you have 100% factual info of players getting paid and whatnot.

IF Pennamon were to flip to us it wouldn't make much sense to me Ole Miss is paying him because it's pretty clear we don't employ those type of tactics.

Not only that, but would Bielema really mess with a kid with those kind of morals? That doesn't seem too uncommon to me.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RME

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

BornaHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 12, 2015, 07:46:42 pm
Hopefully saturday.

I heard that he was at Bama last Saturday and the HOG game was being played everywhere and the Bama fans were rooting for the HOGS. The tailgate area was suppose to have been really rocking when the HOGS won! Couldn't be a bad thing if it was true!      WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

Wildhog

One of our recent former players was paid $4,000 by Auburn just to visit. And that's straight from his mouth.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BigSexyHog

Arkansas has paid players and that is coming from the horses mouth. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hawginbigd1

Quote from: BornaHog on November 12, 2015, 08:19:15 pm
  I heard that he was at Bama last Saturday and the HOG game was being played everywhere and the Bama fans were rooting for the HOGS. The tailgate area was suppose to have been really rocking when the HOGS won! Couldn't be a bad thing if it was true!      WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
I have heard from a coworker whose family is from Bama, that the cheering that was going on inside and outside the stadium during our game seemed like Bama was playing already!

BigSexyHog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on November 12, 2015, 11:05:47 pm
Arkansas has paid players and that is coming from the horses mouth.   One of the biggest in recent years never even saw the field during hooties watch.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

14erHog

We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

razorcash2

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: BigSexyHog on November 12, 2015, 11:05:47 pm
Arkansas has paid players and that is coming from the horses mouth. 

You need to start paying more or start paying better recruits

Atlhogfan1

I don't doubt OM is doing some things to help their recruiting just as Auburn has been.  But, I do think there are instances like this one with this olineman where Freeze's offense appeals to them.  Some kids are enamored with it.  Not surprising with this generation.  They find it easier and more fun and more instantly gratifying.  No wonder Briles is doing well at a Texas program.  Simple, easy to learn offense as far as college/pro offenses go.  Some recruits will go to this. 

bell2629

Maybe his signing bonus goes down every time a higher ranked RB commits. IF OM is paying for commits, it would stand to reason that they allocate their resources by priority.
Praise the Lard!

jbcarol

Chad Simmons ‏@ChadSimmons_ 19h19 hours ago Georgia, USA

#OleMiss 2017 commit D.D. Bowie is now the No. 6 WR and No. 33 prospect in the country.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Scout Recruiting ‏@scoutrecruiting 23h23 hours ago

Including the nation's No.1 prospect, Ole Miss is set to host 45 recruits with 4 or 5 stars. http://on.scout.com/URcwu 

QuotePlanned Official Visits Include:

5-Star DL Rashan Gary

5-Star LB Mique Juarez

Unofficial Visitor

5-Star '16 QB Shea Patterson (OM commit)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Rzbakfromwaybak

November 20, 2015, 10:43:57 pm #40 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:29:54 am by Rzbakfromwaybak

Cause.... SMU gave him a real nice weekly cash allowance. He already had a Trans am....so the cash took care of anything else he wanted.  He got the gold mine....& the Aggies got the shaft... :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jbcarol

Kylin Hill ‏@H_Kylin  2h2 hours ago Mississippi, USA
Oxford here I come 😎

http://247sports.com/Player/Kylin-Hill-77603

4-star '17 Columbus, MS RB

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 12, 2015, 02:53:24 pm
Crystal ball is starting to favor Gregory Little to Ole Miss now. Number 2 overall composite player in this class out of Allen, Texas.  They have the number 4 overall player and number 1 QB out of Florida committed.  Now the number 1 RB in the class from NJ is coming in for a visit.  These guys are going to get burned and burned badly.  They aren't important enough as a program to not get hammered.  Or... Ole Miss really does have the best recruiters in football.

I wonder how the NCAA investigation is coming along...? 8)

scruf

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Michael Bonner ‏@MikeBBonner Nov 23

Mullen on Egg Bowl: I'll be honest with you, I've never seen the outcome of the game impact recruiting.

jbcarol

Yancy Porter ‏@YancyPorter  3h3 hours ago Oxford, MS
The nations No. 1 quarterback Shea Patterson @SheaPatterson_1 has officially signed his financial papers with #OleMiss. He'll enroll in Jan.

jbcarol

Jeffrey Wright ‏@Lord_JWright 20h20 hours ago

Free Read: Judging the "Journey" Reviewing the state of Ole Miss' football program in Year 4 of Freeze's tenure.
http://rvls.co/1NI5Dyq

QuoteOle Miss has nearly completed Year Four of Freeze's so-called "Journey," and one can now reasonably take a snapshot of where his program is and is headed.

For the sake of simplicity, the state of a program can generally be broken down into three key areas for performance review: recruiting, development, and scoreboards.

Through four seasons, Freeze and his staff have shown the ability to recruit having landed the Nos. 7, 19, and 21 overall recruiting classes, respectively, in his first full years of recruiting. Ole Miss currently has the No. 4 recruiting class (per Rivals.com) and is poised to add more star-caliber players to a class that already includes the No. 1 overall player as well as Nos. 24, 101, 116, 204 and 238.

Ole Miss has never recruited consistently at this high of a level on a yearly basis since integration.

As it pertains to development of players, I would prefer to wait for another day...

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/JerryLawler/status/672472081045389312

Yancy Porter ‏@YancyPorter Dec 3

Yancy Porter Retweeted Jerry Lawler

Freeze jumps on a plane to go see 5-Star LB Mique Juarez @miquejuarez3 and bumps into Jerry Lawler.

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen 5h5 hours ago

Laquon Treadwell saw A.J. Brown win a title. #OleMiss hopes Brown follows him to Oxford.

http://247sports.com/Player/AJ-Brown-37735