Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks 2013-14 Season Predictions

Started by sportster365, March 29, 2013, 02:58:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogmeier

I'm going into each game with the hope of winning them all! I'm sure I'll be disappointed with some games....but not as much as people think. WPS!!

hogwild6700

I don't know why but I like our chances against A&M at home better than our chances against Rutgers in Jersey.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

PorkSoda

Texas A&M    
Florida
South Carolina
Alabama

above are our first 4 SEC games.  what are the chances that we start 0-4 in the SEC?  I think think chances are pretty high that we do.  Certainly wont be a glamorous beginning to the BB Era, but the rest of the SEC isn't just going to roll over for him.  If we go 2-2 to start the SEC I'll be pretty stoked.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 01, 2013, 01:38:55 pm
Texas A&M    
Florida
South Carolina
Alabama

above are our first 4 SEC games.  what are the chances that we start 0-4 in the SEC?  I think think chances are pretty high that we do.  Certainly wont be a glamorous beginning to the BB Era, but the rest of the SEC isn't just going to roll over for him.  If we go 2-2 to start the SEC I'll be pretty stoked.

1-3 is more likely than 0-4 which is more likely than 2-2. I think we beat the aggies next season at their place, but we give them a solid fight and scare this season. SC just loses way too much on defense and they have less talent returning on offense than we do. Factor in the location, and I like our chances. They have had their 15 minutes...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

sportster365

I'm starting to take on the Bielema approach. We just aren't here to play against Alabama, but beat Alabama. I mean if we manage to win our first 4 games against some sub-par non-conference opponents and then only muster up 2 conference wins. Do we really deserve to go bowling?? Would that seriously be looked at as successful year?? Out of 8 conference games only 2 wins?? I mean we're not just expecting to roll over and hand out Ws are we? Games are still played on the field and I feel our guys have just a good of a chance as anyone else does. I know this is a rebuilding year, but we can't just be satisfied with accepting a 2-8 conference record can we?

Biggus Piggus

In this laughably premature exercise, I'll take

W - La-La, Samford, Southern Miss, Auburn, Mississippi State.

So I got 5-7.
[CENSORED]!

PorkSoda

Quote from: sportster365 on April 01, 2013, 02:34:19 pm
I'm starting to take on the Bielema approach. We just aren't here to play against Alabama, but beat Alabama. I mean if we manage to win our first 4 games against some sub-par non-conference opponents and then only muster up 2 conference wins. Do we really deserve to go bowling?? Would that seriously be looked at as successful year?? Out of 8 conference games only 2 wins?? I mean we're not just expecting to roll over and hand out Ws are we? Games are still played on the field and I feel our guys have just a good of a chance as anyone else does. I know this is a rebuilding year, but we can't just be satisfied with accepting a 2-8 conference record can we?

Petrino was 5-7 his first year and very close to 3-9.  Other teams aren't just going to handover wins to us.  Everyone in the SEC is improving and we are starting out at the bottom. 

I'm holding out hope for a 7 win season, but its going to take time to get to the 9-10 win mark.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on March 29, 2013, 04:07:04 pm
I see it 8-4 (9-4 with Bowl win).

UL Lafayette - Samford - Southern Miss - All Wins. (3-0)

Rutgers - Relatively close but a Hog win (4-0)

Texas A&M-  If this game was played in Dallas or College Station it'd be an Aggie win going away but it's not. It's in DWRRS so Aggies bareley escape (4-1)

Florida - In Gainsville?? No Chance (4-2)

South Carolina - Lattimore is Gone and although Clowney is back, they lose some other good players. Hogs win at Home. (5-2)

Alabama - I would love a win here but it isn't happening in Tuscaloosa. (5-3)

Auburn - With the exception being when the Tigers had a freak at QB, the Hogs have taken Malshan's offense apart. Hogs win. (6-3)

Ole Miss - Hogs win comfortably (7-3)

Miss. State - Hogs win comfortably (8-3)

LSU - It's been hard for the Hogs to win in Baton Rouge. Tigers in a close one (8-4)

Bowl game - Win (9-4)

I agree with Gov on this one.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LZH

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 31, 2013, 07:31:50 pm
I agree if we still had a veteran offense.  We are very inexperienced at all the offensive positions.

I'm going with 5-7 or 6-6. It all depends on the Rutgers game for me which is in their home.

A strong emphasis on running the ball will allow inexperienced linemen to perform well.  Pass blocking schemes are what young guys have problems with.  If these coaches are the teachers I think they are, I don't think 7 or even 8 wins is out of the question.  Having said that, we'd better be able to convert 3rd downs or .500 is probably gonna be a stretch.

hogsanity

I only see 3 games you can put down as " should " wins.  Ull, So mIss, and Samford. 

Rutgers, 1st road game for an inexperienced Qb in a new system.  Not a gimmee by any means.

Not one SEC game you can even say, at this point, the Hogs will be favored in.  Best chances for a SEC win are Aub and MSU at home.   MSU could be an absolute smoking hole by the time they roll into LR.   Aub is kind of in the same boat as the Hogs.  New coach, coming off a bad year.  SC is at home, which helps, but their D is really, really good.  Bama, FLA, LSU on the road, you can write them off.  Win any of those and it would be a HUGE upset.

3-1 in the OCC, 2-6 in the SEC.  5-7 overall.  Hope I am wrong, but looking at all the hogs lost, especially on Offense, and the schedule, it is hard to see more than 5 wins. Good thing is 6-6 would get them to post season, which would give them 15 more practices, that would be very valuable to a young team.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2013, 04:18:23 pm
You can't honestly believe this? Oh wait, you're GUV.

You think we are going to walk into Ole Miss and just "win comfortably?" LOL!

Yes I do. Most of the players on that team are Hooty's recruits. Freeze hasn't been there long enough to rebuild and straighten out the mess Hooty left him. IMHO Ole Miss will start feeling the impact of Freeze's coaching and recruiting in his 3rd year which will be the 2014 season.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Fayettechill14

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2013, 04:18:23 pm
You can't honestly believe this? Oh wait, you're GUV.

You think we are going to walk into Ole Miss and just "win comfortably?" LOL!

Ole Miss went 6-6 (3-5 SEC) in a year in which Arkansas, Auburn, and even Kentucky were uncharacteristically down. If 2012 was 2011, this same Ole Miss team would go 4-8 (1-7) losing to Auburn and Arkansas, and if it was 2010, they *could* have gone 3-9, losing to Kentucky as well.

Color me unimpressed. Freeze may pass MSU out of the West cellar, but that's all he's getting.

sportster365

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 03, 2013, 01:41:00 pm
Ole Miss went 6-6 (3-5 SEC) in a year in which Arkansas, Auburn, and even Kentucky were uncharacteristically down. If 2012 was 2011, this same Ole Miss team would go 4-8 (1-7) losing to Auburn and Arkansas, and if it was 2010, they *could* have gone 3-9, losing to Kentucky as well.

Color me unimpressed. Freeze may pass MSU out of the West cellar, but that's all he's getting.

That's a good observation, but you gotta give it to them, they were competitive in some of the games they lost to good teams. They lost to A&M by 3 in a game they should have won. They lost to Vandy by 1 and to LSU in Baton Rouge by 6. This is a team that went 0-8 in the SEC the prior year to that and he managed to cap off the season at 7-5. Not even Petrino or Sabin were able to do that in their first years at Arkansas and Alabama.

cosmodrum

We win the first 3, maybe Auburn, maybe MSU.

Best we're gonna do is 5-7, I think. I don't think we win a road game. If we do, it's at Rutgers. Auburn will be tough, too. I think getting them at home will help, but they are much more talented than us across the board, and Gus isn't a moron like Chillsdicks.

Just an absolutely brutal schedule.
Go away, batin'

Fayettechill14

Quote from: sportster365 on April 03, 2013, 01:56:07 pm
That's a good observation, but you gotta give it to them, they were competitive in some of the games they lost to good teams. They lost to A&M by 3 in a game they should have won. They lost to Vandy by 1 and to LSU in Baton Rouge by 6. This is a team that went 0-8 in the SEC the prior year to that and he managed to cap off the season at 7-5. Not even Petrino or Sabin were able to do that in their first years at Arkansas and Alabama.

That's true, they were competitive in all of their games, but I see them more as a pesky team. All of the close games that they "hung around" in they actually trailed the whole way, but kept it close (except for LSU). That's different from going back-and-forth with quality teams.

I think they'll do no better than 4-4 in conference over the next few years. Eventually they could break through to above .500 in SEC play, but the current power setup of the SEC will make that difficult

sportster365

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 03, 2013, 02:06:43 pm
That's true, they were competitive in all of their games, but I see them more as a pesky team. All of the close games that they "hung around" in they actually trailed the whole way, but kept it close (except for LSU). That's different from going back-and-forth with quality teams.

I think they'll do no better than 4-4 in conference over the next few years. Eventually they could break through to above .500 in SEC play, but the current power setup of the SEC will make that difficult

Actually they were beating A&M by 10 in the 4th qtr. In fact both Freeze and Sumlin run a very similar offense that has proved to be successful so far for them in the SEC. If Ole Miss is able to continue recruiting the way they were this year, then the skies the limit for them. I can't see why they wouldn't be able to  scratch their way into the top tier of the league.