Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Natural State Classic?

Started by twistitup, February 23, 2018, 07:02:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Projecting out 15 years or so....do you think this will happen?

UA vs UALR in LR?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Pork Ranger

Already sounds better than the Battle Line Rivalry 🙄

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

twistitup

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 23, 2018, 07:32:14 am

baseball too

Thrice a year

Spring Classic

Fall Classic

Winter Classic

Make it a huge party for each one......

DeltaBoy

It would be great for basketball and baseball but I still not sure that UALR will have Football by then.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cotton

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2018, 07:02:29 am
Projecting out 15 years or so....do you think this will happen?

UA vs UALR in LR?
Can you imagine the meltdown in Jonesboro if that happens before Hogs vs Red Wolves??

Would be epic!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

DEVIL DOG HOG

Unless they rebuild War Memorial it is just too small to host any instate football game that the Hogs play in.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

twistitup

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on February 23, 2018, 08:49:03 am
Unless they rebuild War Memorial it is just too small to host any instate football game that the Hogs play in.

Limited seats ...increased demand- let it overflow...

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2018, 10:14:15 am
Limited seats ...increased demand- let it overflow...
Big screen on the golf course, charge extra?

RME

HogPharmer

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 23, 2018, 10:28:04 am
Does Bazzel design the trophy?

Heard him say on the radio this morning that he did not know it was a law to turn on your headlights when it's raining.... I don't think he's qualified to hold the trophy, much less design it.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Vantage 8 dude

From the standpoint of football I have some serious doubts that we will likely see a program at UALR. The monies involved in both setting up and sustaining such a team would be fairly prohibitive given the current/projected financial state of affairs. The real key to possibly overcoming such would be pulling in a major donor-someone like Warren Stephens-to underwrite the project. Obviously not saying it couldn't happen, but at this point I wouldn't hold my breath.

twistitup

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 23, 2018, 10:47:19 am
From the standpoint of football I have some serious doubts that we will likely see a program at UALR. The monies involved in both setting up and sustaining such a team would be fairly prohibitive given the current/projected financial state of affairs. The real key to possibly overcoming such would be pulling in a major donor-someone like Warren Stephens-to underwrite the project. Obviously not saying it couldn't happen, but at this point I wouldn't hold my breath.

I believe it's possible...according to reports yesterday financing is possible and they will move ahead w feasibility study

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2018, 10:53:35 am
I believe it's possible...according to reports yesterday financing is possible and they will move ahead w feasibility study
Well we'll see. Personally I'd like to have a possible "feeder" program to the Hill. However, it's long way between feasibility assessments and actually setting up and advancing a successful program. Will be interesting to see how things progress (or not).

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogPharmer on February 23, 2018, 10:44:25 am
Heard him say on the radio this morning that he did not know it was a law to turn on your headlights when it's raining.... I don't think he's qualified to hold the trophy, much less design it.
Well the headlight law didn't just drop out of the sky yesterday. Been around a LONG time. BTW only makes sense.

twistitup

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 23, 2018, 10:56:21 am
Well we'll see. Personally I'd like to have a possible "feeder" program to the Hill. However, it's long way between feasibility assessments and actually setting up and advancing a successful program. Will be interesting to see how things progress (or not).

In my op I mentioned 15 years from now...bball and baseball could start ASAP

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2018, 11:04:09 am
In my op I mentioned 15 years from now...bball and baseball could start ASAP
Didn't miss that point. However, as well all know the only way one can look down the road in five, ten, fifteen or however many years down the road is to have the program to begin with. I'm not arguing that it COULD happen; however, there are some major hurdles that have to be overcome to even discuss possibility of some head-to-head meeting when it applies to football. As I said, it will most certainly be interesting to see what unfolds with this particular sport. Unlike programs such as baseball, basketball or such the budget for a football program is massive when compared to other sports.    Besides unlike basketball and baseball which already exist at both schools, a football program at this stage is merely in it's possible conception stage.

BearsBisonsBoars

If we player ULAR and not ASU, I think the rage emanating from Jonesboro would set off the New Madrid fault.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 23, 2018, 11:20:34 am
If we player ULAR and not ASU, I think the rage emanating from Jonesboro would set off the New Madrid fault.
Yep, wouldn't be many happy campers up there.

Dark Helmet Hog

The biggest issue is that ULAR has no business trying to financially support a football team. For that matter, neither does ASU.

go hogues

A loss to UALR would be much more embarrassing than a loss to A-State...and that's the reason we've never played A-State.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

twistitup

twistitup

Quote from: go hogues on February 23, 2018, 11:48:40 am
A loss to UALR would be much more embarrassing than a loss to A-State...and that's the reason we've never played A-State.

We need to get over it....field a quality product and we have nothing to worry about

Dark Helmet Hog

26.2Hog

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 23, 2018, 11:20:34 am

It would be a massive quake. 

They would have to redefine the Richter scale.

Lava would bubble up from deep within the earth.

All the rivers in the state would flow backwards.

twistitup

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: go hogues on February 23, 2018, 11:48:40 am
And unless there's either a major shift in sentiment from the Hill to allow such OR the legislature mandates such a contest I believe it's likely to never materialize.

twistitup

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 23, 2018, 12:25:45 pm
And unless there's either a major shift in sentiment from the Hill to allow such OR the legislature mandates such a contest I believe it's likely to never materialize.

UofA has had a strangle hold for long enough - let's play ball.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2018, 07:35:04 am
baseball too

Thrice a year

Spring Classic

Fall Classic

Winter Classic

Make it a huge party for each one......

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on February 23, 2018, 10:44:25 am

Well anyone listening to that garbage shouldn't be talking trash............
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2018, 12:31:47 pm
UofA has had a strangle hold for long enough - let's play ball.
Perhaps, however until that changes the whole argument/discussion for any type of classic is totally that-so many words. A mere exercise in "what ifs".

twistitup

February 23, 2018, 03:31:43 pm #31 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:42:38 pm by twistitup
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 23, 2018, 03:07:29 pm
Perhaps, however until that changes the whole argument/discussion for any type of classic is totally that-so many words. A mere exercise in "what ifs".

yep.....it's a message board - that's what we are here to do...

would be a boring freakin' place if we didn't play 'what ifs'

SOMETIMES...'what ifs' turn into plans and those plans become reality -

Life is a series of 'what ifs'

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2018, 03:31:43 pm

would be a boring freakin' place if play 'what ifs'

Don't you mean WTH's?

twistitup

redhogchilipepper

More likely a fishing tournament sponsored by Natie Light

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2018, 03:31:43 pm

would be a boring freakin' place if we didn't play 'what ifs'

Okay, so it's a "what if" question. Fine, however, I'm merely pointing out that in order for it to move from the category of a "what if" possibility to an actual "reality", major things are going to have to change. In the end we're both right from our various perspectives. :) BTW no one has to remind me that life is a series of "what ifs"; in fact, no one that's be around longer than ten minutes should have to be clued in on that particular fact.

twistitup

February 23, 2018, 03:52:33 pm #36 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:04:35 pm by twistitup
Quote from: redhogchilipepper on February 23, 2018, 03:46:59 pm
More likely a fishing tournament sponsored by Natie Light

And participating teams would be from UofA, UALR, UCA, SAU, UAM, A ST etc....

All schools could participate in a fishing tournament - big or small  - just need to be from AR

Great idea - Fishing Tournament during the morning - weigh in at 6pm.......kickoff for the night game at 8pm

One helluva weekend

HogPharmer

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 23, 2018, 02:58:52 pm
Well anyone listening to that garbage shouldn't be talking trash............

It puts me in a depressing mood thus prepares me for coming into work...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Dark Helmet Hog

Arkansas State University spends $43 million a year on sports and takes $13 million in student fees and university funds just to operate.  UA-Little Rock spends $11 million and currently takes about $7 million from students and university money.

Why should the UA ever play these schools and thus encourage this type of nonsense from schools that susbsidize their athletic programs like this? The money taken from the Universities ultimately comes from the tax payer. In fact, playing them could potentially decrease the number of people supporting the UA which is in a small state with only so many potential donors to start wih.

ASU can't afford a D1 program and UALR can't afford to start one.

Hawghiggs

A basketball preseason tournament with UofA, UALR, A-state, and UCA would have to be better than listening to Bill Walton again.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 23, 2018, 10:57:32 am
Well the headlight law didn't just drop out of the sky yesterday. Been around a LONG time. BTW only makes sense.
This. I turn on my lights when I see that I would notice other cars more easily if their lights were on

Flrazrback

I like the idea of an In State Bass Tournament.. Annual even with various locations..

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Flrazrback on February 24, 2018, 01:23:51 am
I like the idea of an In State Bass Tournament.. Annual even with various locations..

That would be nice.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Flrazrback on February 24, 2018, 01:23:51 am
If It ever happens it should be on Beaver Lake. No way the Hogs should have to travel to Lake Maumelle.

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 24, 2018, 10:45:55 am
If It ever happens it should be on Beaver Lake. No way the Hogs should have to travel to Lake Maumelle.

No it has to be a neutral pond. Like Bullshoals

Torqued pork

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on February 24, 2018, 11:05:01 am
No it has to be a neutral pond. Like Bullshoals
I've never been to a tournament weigh-in. Are the concessions adequate or do most just tailgate?

twistitup

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 24, 2018, 11:16:16 am
I've never been to a tournament weigh-in. Are the concessions adequate or do most just tailgate?

They will be adequate if I'm involved. Top Notch concessions at weight is what will create the buzz....that and the big arse fish

j-mann

i think the sooner the P5  and group of 5 break off the better   

i wouild re-classly the group of 5 as 1-aa   

i applaud idaho    for droping to 1-aa in football   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

j-mann

Quote from: twistitup on February 23, 2018, 12:11:02 pm
We need to get over it....field a quality product and we have nothing to worry about

state is too small 2.9 mil people only about 1.8 in big areas   for that    we need the Memphis border   esp in basketball   

playing them wouild only help them   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs