Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeremy Patton?

Started by Boles Hog, June 13, 2017, 06:59:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boles Hog

Any word on Jeremy Patton?

ricepig

Expected for the second term, or in August.

hawgmasta

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2017, 07:10:35 pm

He's gonna be a baller.

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Al Boarland

Quote from: hawgmasta on June 13, 2017, 08:44:44 pm
He's gonna be a baller.

Hopefully he can pick up the offense. Would have been nice to get him in earlier.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2017, 07:10:35 pm
1st he was expected for January. Didn't work out. We then expected him here for summer, apparently that didn't work out either. Im worried that IF he ever makes it to campus, he wont be able to keep his grades up and stay in Bielemas good graces
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BigE_23

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 14, 2017, 07:48:41 am
1st he was expected for January. Didn't work out. We then expected him here for summer, apparently that didn't work out either. Im worried that IF he ever makes it to campus, he wont be able to keep his grades up and stay in Bielemas good graces

Stories like this one make me believe we have nothing to worry about with Mr. Patton in that regard. He may have some academic struggles, but I trust our academic staff and player support staff well enough to keep him on track. Most high schools and junior colleges can't provide those types of resources. He's from Indianapolis and I know for a fact those public schools don't provide them.

If Patton continues to show this kind of character, he's going to be just fine.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-te-commit-jeremy-patton-ends-junior-college-career-pure-class

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: BigE_23 on June 14, 2017, 09:19:38 am
Stories like this one make me believe we have nothing to worry about with Mr. Patton in that regard. He may have some academic struggles, but I trust our academic staff and player support staff well enough to keep him on track. Most high schools and junior colleges can't provide those types of resources. He's from Indianapolis and I know for a fact those public schools don't provide them.

If Patton continues to show this kind of character, he's going to be just fine.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-te-commit-jeremy-patton-ends-junior-college-career-pure-class
In all honesty I was just playing devils advocate to keep the conversation going
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

MS_HogFan

How many years does Patton have left?
SOOIE

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: MS_HogFan on June 14, 2017, 09:43:40 am
How many years does Patton have left?
He's JUCO so im guessing he has 2 years left. Either 2 years to play 2 or 3 years to play 2

MS_HogFan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 14, 2017, 09:53:27 am
He's JUCO so im guessing he has 2 years left. Either 2 years to play 2 or 3 years to play 2

We have had some guys who redshirted at juco and played 3 years here. I think.
SOOIE

bphi11ips

Patton played two years in juco.

I can't recall ever landing the top JUCO WR or TE, much less both in the same year.  JUCO guys are usually a crap shoot and take a while to have an impact, but the top ranked players often have an immediate impact, and Arkansas has the need for that.

If Patton and Martin and our young linebackers and running backs produce early,  this could be a very good season.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

31to6

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on June 14, 2017, 12:01:26 pm
Don't expect much from him this season to be honest. Takes a bit to adjust, especially when you arrive shortly before the season. Hopefully his raw skill and work ethic can prove me wrong though.
So the thing that keeps TE's on the bench is usually blocking. Patton is an excellent blocker and so if he can pick up even a portion of the playbook his athleticism makes him immediately useful.

This feels like the kind of JUCO player who starts to make an impact around games 4-5.

gchamblee

Quote from: 31to6 on June 14, 2017, 04:03:10 pm
So the thing that keeps TE's on the bench is usually blocking. Patton is an excellent blocker and so if he can pick up even a portion of the playbook his athleticism makes him immediately useful.

This feels like the kind of JUCO player who starts to make an impact around games 4-5.

See I agree with this. This kid seems to be the personality, athlete and blocker that CBB loves.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 31to6 on June 14, 2017, 04:03:10 pm

He's going to need a crash course in Hoganese, but I thought Arizona Western ran the same type of offense that we do? I might be wrong about that but I thought that was discussed as a big plus when we got his commit? Hopefully he has been disciplined in following a diet and work out regimen that we sent him.
Go Hogs Go!

King Kong

Quote from: MS_HogFan on June 14, 2017, 10:11:47 am
We have had some guys who redshirted at juco and played 3 years here. I think.

Brandon Martin is like that as he has 3 to play 3

31to6

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 14, 2017, 06:49:28 pm
He's going to need a crash course in Hoganese, but I thought Arizona Western ran the same type of offense that we do? I might be wrong about that but I thought that was discussed as a big plus when we got his commit? Hopefully he has been disciplined in following a diet and work out regimen that we sent him.
Yes, similar offenses... But there is a lot to learn with just coming in August.

Have to remember that there are several talented TEs on the roster that aren't going to just step aside.

It is not a situation where we have no serviceable players and so he steps in immediately because we have to play him.

Hence my early/mid-season emergence "gut feel"

Hopefully, hes had a play book and been told how much he needs to know upon arrival.  I know the book is not like doing the real thing but thousands of college Kids go annually to learn from the book before going forth in the workplace and actually doing.  It must have some value or we are spending billions annually on wasted effort.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on June 16, 2017, 07:00:48 pm
Hopefully, hes had a play book and been told how much he needs to know upon arrival.  I know the book is not like doing the real thing but thousands of college Kids go annually to learn from the book before going forth in the workplace and actually doing.  It must have some value or we are spending billions annually on wasted effort.

Most places train you in their way, the college degree in most disciplines is to prove you can handle some maturity and see a project thru to the end.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 31to6 on June 16, 2017, 04:23:23 pm
Yes, similar offenses... But there is a lot to learn with just coming in August.

Have to remember that there are several talented TEs on the roster that aren't going to just step aside.

It is not a situation where we have no serviceable players and so he steps in immediately because we have to play him.

The point I was trying to make is that he needs to be as prepared physically and mentally as possible when he arrives so as to avoid a bigger set back in terms of the time that is required to assimilate to the program and system. I expect competition and I would certainly hope that no one is all set to step aside merely because there is a highly rated transfer coming in. If there are players like that, they might be better off to transfer to another level of college football. But I don't see that as being the case.
Go Hogs Go!

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: 31to6 on June 16, 2017, 04:23:23 pm

The play style and route trees are very similar.  There will be adjustments on reads and check/option calls that Austin makes at the line.  I talked with him briefly at the Spring practice/scrimmage, and he is a monster physically.  Combine him with Cantrell and O'Grady (wait until you see how his body has grown) and they will have an unprecedented level of quality at TE.  I'm not saying that these guys individually are better than Hunter, but as a group top to bottom, it's better than Arkansas has ever had. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on June 17, 2017, 08:56:49 am
The play style and route trees are very similar.  There will be adjustments on reads and check/option calls that Austin makes at the line.  I talked with him briefly at the Spring practice/scrimmage, and he is a monster physically.  Combine him with Cantrell and O'Grady (wait until you see how his body has grown) and they will have an unprecedented level of quality at TE.  I'm not saying that these guys individually are better than Hunter, but as a group top to bottom, it's better than Arkansas has ever had.
and there's still Gragg there waiting to explode hopefully.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

go hogues

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on June 14, 2017, 12:01:26 pm
Don't expect much from him this season to be honest. Takes a bit to adjust, especially when you arrive shortly before the season. Hopefully his raw skill and work ethic can prove me wrong though.
My $ is on him never making it to campus.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

PorkRinds

factchecker

Quote from: go hogues on June 19, 2017, 09:37:59 am

You just guaranteed that he will not only make it to campus but win the Mackey award two years in a row before being drafted in the first round.

You are the King of wrong predictions.  Just like you picking us to lose to Ole Miss EVERY [CENSORED] YEAR.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dan42AR

Quote from: factchecker on June 19, 2017, 11:27:05 am
Quote from: go hogues on Today at 09:37:59 am

You just guaranteed that he will not only make it to campus but win the Mackey award two years in a row before being drafted in the first round.

You are the King of wrong predictions.  Just like you picking us to lose to Ole Miss EVERY [CENSORED] YEAR.

Sooner or later he will have to get one right. I just hope this is not it.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Any news on this front? When does the 2nd summer session begin?

Earth Hog Fan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 21, 2017, 08:30:11 am
Any news on this front? When does the 2nd summer session begin?

Classes begin July 3rd

Summer Session 2017 - Second 5 Week (24 Class Days)
Academic Calendar
Date   Description
May 29   Memorial Day Holiday
July 3   Classes Begin
July 4   Independence Day Holiday
July 5   Last day to register, add a course, or change from audit to credit
July 6   Last day to drop without a mark of "W" or change from credit to audit
July 26   Last day to drop a Second 5 Week class with a "W"
August 4   Last day to officially withdraw from the Second 5 Week session
August 4   Last day of classes for the Second 5 Week session
I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

Three and Snout

He won't enroll until fall (maybe the August intersession), at the earliest.

HogFoo

In all honesty, I wish that we could redshirt him.  Someone mentioned it, and I myself have a few times, that it usually takes a juco a year to adjust.. or most of the season.  How many of us wish that we would have redshirted Speight and had him as good as he was playing his Sr year for 2years?  instead of just the 1 year?  But, again, it's different for different players at different positions.  TE to me would be tough because he is used so much in our system and he would have to know the blocking and the Hoganese pretty well.  It would have been even better if the kid could have came in last January.  But him showing up in 2nd term of summer lends me to doubt if he will contribute much at all this season.  And if he does, it would be towards the end of the year.  Now, if he has 3yrs to play, then, id say let him learn by fire... throw him in and see what natural talent can do.. But if we only have him for 2yrs.  Then, i'd almost lean more towards redshirting him.   but who knows, it's a crap shoot.  kid may come in knowing all the plays, be ready to block and know all the routes and language immediately.  One can only hope!  Either way, i'll feel better once he gets here. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on June 22, 2017, 11:30:24 am
How do you go from being here in January, going through spring ball, expecting to be a major factor to POSSIBLY enrolling a few weeks before the season starts? C'mon now... Again, I'm not expecting diddly from Mr. Patton this year. It'll have to be O'Grady that continues to improve. You know what you're getting from Kraus. Nothing explosive, good blocker. Gunter is coming off surgery, but he played as a true freshman last year. TE is a huge position in this offense and we've been spoiled with some good ones. Hopefully somebody really steps up this year!
+1

Hogdomer

This sounds exactly like Tretola.  He ended up here about a week before we started the season.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on June 22, 2017, 11:30:24 am
How do you go from being here in January, going through spring ball, expecting to be a major factor to POSSIBLY enrolling a few weeks before the season starts? C'mon now... Again, I'm not expecting diddly from Mr. Patton this year. It'll have to be O'Grady that continues to improve. You know what you're getting from Kraus. Nothing explosive, good blocker. Gunter is coming off surgery, but he played as a true freshman last year. TE is a huge position in this offense and we've been spoiled with some good ones. Hopefully somebody really steps up this year!

I've heard from someone inside the team that Gunter is absolutely killing it in everything asked of him and the coaches are extremely high on him.   Nothing has been promised to him but that he is putting in as much effort as anyone in the program.   

Disclaimer:this person is bias towards Gunter. 

ricepig

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

luke hawg

Good news really encouraged by talent in that room

HogBreath

Great news.

I've though for a while now this guy could be that guy.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

southeasthog

ifghog

This is a big deal!

PigWig

I think this guy will move through enemy territory like it's the North African desert.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

TheRazorback500

Good news! Woo pig.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

B501

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

King Kong

Quote from: go hogues on June 19, 2017, 09:37:59 am

Someday you may actually be right. If that happens I suggest you savor it.

Vantage 8 dude

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Sivad

Quote from: ifghog on July 04, 2017, 10:48:32 am
This is a big deal!
It's more like what Joe Biden would say.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Wildhog on July 04, 2017, 12:02:21 pm
Whew pig!

Nice.

Now, any guess why the top rated JUCO in the country chose TEU over Alabama, Southern Cal, Auburn, et al.?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.