Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Season tickets sales

Started by hawgon, May 25, 2017, 09:45:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

How are they this year?  I hear that things are a bit slow.

ricepig

Odd seasons are always a little more challenging, no Bama, LSU, OM, on the home schedule, but here's a link for you to order some.

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FBS&linkID=m-arkansas&fromDesktop=1

hawgon

I'm pretty sure that you guaranteed an increase on multiple occasions instead of the slowest year since at least the HDN era.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on May 25, 2017, 10:06:33 am
I'm pretty sure that you guaranteed an increase on multiple occasions instead of the slowest year since at least the HDN era.

Link on either of those, in fact, you can search my post history and you'll find where I said 2017 would be below last year's rate.

sowmonella

If you knew the answer, why did you make the thread starting post?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Wildhog

Season ticket sales going down, stadium capacity going up.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

jacked up odd year schedule where the only marquee home sec game gets played 300+ miles from campus, in another state.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Wildhog

Quote from: hogsanity on May 25, 2017, 10:15:09 am
jacked up odd year schedule where the only marquee home sec game gets played 300+ miles from campus, in another state.

I really hope we get out of that deal.
1909/1964/1965/1977

sowmonella

Official average attendance at DWR Razorback Stadium last year was 73,347 an all time record.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.

Oklahawg

Quote from: sowmonella on May 25, 2017, 10:21:35 am
Official average attendance at DWR Razorback Stadium last year was 73,347 an all time record.

And LSU and Ole Miss returned some of their tickets, I believe. That means we can't have the negative nancies blaming the record on visiting fans.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RazorWest

Quote from: Wildhog on May 25, 2017, 10:17:56 am

But it really helps our Texas Recruiting

Sarcasm off

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on May 25, 2017, 10:17:56 am

I don't see it before 2024, but I have no problem ending it.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on May 25, 2017, 10:13:26 am

Suite, or club level seats, but yep, going up!

hogsanity

Quote from: RazorWest on May 25, 2017, 10:25:28 am
But it really helps our Texas Recruiting

Sarcasm off

I know you are being sarcastic, but that line about playing in a certain place helping recruiting is a crock to justify playing away from campus for a check. Bama does not need to play in Dallas or Houston to help recruiting, they do it for the $. Same for LSU or anyone else. The only reason to give up a home game is for a big fat check. With social media and tv and everything, no one in the sec needs to go to a certain area for a game for exposure.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2017, 11:37:03 am

We ain't got no need for more revenues galled dangit!
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 25, 2017, 11:52:30 am
We ain't got no need for more revenues galled dangit!

Ok, sorry, we'll make that area first come-first serve then. That should get some butts in the seats before kick-off.

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on May 25, 2017, 10:13:26 am

Blame the cheap seaters then.  We dropped the price of the 500s and that area is still the worst part of the stadium to fill.

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2017, 11:37:03 am

Damn those big money donors!  How dare they fund our athletic program.  ;)
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

woodhog14

Quote from: hawgon on May 25, 2017, 09:45:47 am

How and why are you a Hog fan? Serious question. Why are you? You WANT doom and gloom for our program. Why?

It's like your excited that season ticket sales are slow or something. Have you ever looked at the history of odd years vs even years in ticket sales? Even years are always better because we have Bama and LSU at home.

WSPHOG

Quote from: hawgon on May 25, 2017, 09:45:47 am

Go away far away

sowmonella

Quote from: woodhog14 on May 25, 2017, 01:44:48 pm
How and why are you a Hog fan? Serious question. Why are you? You WANT doom and gloom for our program. Why?

It's like your excited that season ticket sales are slow or something. Have you ever looked at the history of odd years vs even years in ticket sales? Even years are always better because we have Bama and LSU at home.

The sad part of it is that he posts 21 times per day on average.

jkstock04

Quote from: sowmonella on May 25, 2017, 10:21:35 am
That's pretty impressive. Even if it is exaggerated a few thousand per usual it's probably still over 70k.

It's a testament to how well the university markets the program.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 25, 2017, 04:39:11 pm
That's pretty impressive. Even if it is exaggerated a few thousand per usual it's probably still over 70k.

They combine tickets sold with everyone at the stadium, coaches, players, ushers, media, etc. to come up with the attendance number. Too many think "official attendance" is equivalent to fans in the seat.

(notOM)Rebel123

...and a very attractive SEC home schedule.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rhames

I like the a&m Arlington game. I see how it sucks for out home schedule on odd years though.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hogsanity

Quote from: rhames on May 26, 2017, 07:26:17 am
I like the a&m Arlington game. I see how it sucks for out home schedule on odd years though.

why do you like it? How does playing there benefit the program ( and do not say recruiting because that is a cop out )?

rhames

Quote from: hogsanity on May 26, 2017, 09:54:24 am
why do you like it? How does playing there benefit the program ( and do not say recruiting because that is a cop out )?

Read much?

I said I like it. I didn't say anything about it helping the program. I even stated a reason as to why it doesn't.

But if you are really curious as to why I like it, which you aren't, I like the experience. The trip we plan and the things we do when we go to the fort worth area for a weekend.

It was clearly just a personal feeling.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hogsanity

Quote from: rhames on May 26, 2017, 11:05:08 am

Read much?

I said I like it. I didn't say anything about it helping the program. I even stated a reason as to why it doesn't.

But if you are really curious as to why I like it, which you aren't, I like the experience. The trip we plan and the things we do when we go to the fort worth area for a weekend.

It was clearly just a personal feeling.

That's fine. I have no issue with that. At least you're honest about and don't try to rationalize it like many do claiming it is good for the program.

Tyro3

Quote from: hogsanity on May 26, 2017, 01:48:05 pm
That's fine. I have no issue with that. At least you're honest about and don't try to rationalize it like many do claiming it is good for the program.

So you don't think playing in Jerry's world is an enticement for recruits?

HognotinMemphis

Buying season tickets is like buying a vacation home. You never come out ahead buying vs renting and same for most season tickets...you can always find good seats for face value. Why pay the RF and buy tickets for every game when you likely will attend only the conference games.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ricepig

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 26, 2017, 05:29:24 pm
Buying season tickets is like buying a vacation home. You never come out ahead buying vs renting and same for most season tickets...you can always find good seats for face value. Why pay the RF and buy tickets for every game when you likely will attend only the conference games.

Just like the vacation house can be rented out and depreciated out, so does season tickets and donations have a tad benefit. Everyone has their own needs and wants. If you are only attending a couple of games a year, then season tickets don't make much sense beyond wishing to support your team and university.

Sivad

Quote from: ricepig on May 26, 2017, 05:37:58 pm
If you are only attending a couple of games a year, then season tickets don't make much sense beyond wishing to support your team and university.
Which is not a bad thing.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Sivad on May 26, 2017, 06:43:46 pm
Which is not a bad thing.
That goes without saying but you said it anyway.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

jgphillips3

I was a big fan of playing A&M there when we weren't in the same conference.  Now, I would prefer that be a home and home series and we schedule a series of different teams in a Dallas game yearly.   For instance, our TCU or Texas Tech series could have filled that bill.  We could also schedule the Notre Dame, Big 10 or PAC 12 teams that want a Texas game presence for 1 off or 2 game series down there.

hobhog

Why hassle with buying random tickets if you go to every game? We like the familiarity of our seats and the area we attend. Parking pass not bad either.

But agree- if going to games 2-3 times a year not worth it.

jkstock04

The problem with this is when there is that diamond in the rough year when the stars align and we have a good team, and a badass home schedule.

Good luck finding lower level tickets to the Hog/Bama game back in 2010. Better be ready to shell out 300 or 400 bucks for a seat.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WilsonHog

May 28, 2017, 10:51:53 am #35 Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 11:11:21 am by WilsonHog
Of course, it makes no logical or rational sense to spend money supporting a program that has proven to be a middle-of-the-pack, seven or eight win program.

For that matter, it makes no sense to spend a lifetime deriving entertainment from the actions of 18-22 year old men, none of whom I have ever met, for no earthly reason other than that they have a specific emblem on a piece of their apparel.

It's not a matter of logic; it's a matter of emotion.

rtr

It's a testament to Razorback fans.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: jgphillips3 on May 28, 2017, 12:19:14 am
I was a big fan of playing A&M there when we weren't in the same conference.  Now, I would prefer that be a home and home series and we schedule a series of different teams in a Dallas game yearly.   For instance, our TCU or Texas Tech series could have filled that bill.  We could also schedule the Notre Dame, Big 10 or PAC 12 teams that want a Texas game presence for 1 off or 2 game series down there.
This is really a good idea, however, I don't think the element of "rivalry" would be as good..............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 28, 2017, 10:05:43 am
The problem with this is when there is that diamond in the rough year when the stars align and we have a good team, and a badass home schedule.

Good luck finding lower level tickets to the Hog/Bama game back in 2010. Better be ready to shell out 300 or 400 bucks for a seat.
The Bama game in JLS year was great for selling tickets. Sold them on stub hub for $400 each on Saturday before and that evening the Hogs lost to La-Monroe or some La team. Tickets for Bama went for below face value after that.

Sivad

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 28, 2017, 04:56:32 pm
The Bama game in JLS year was great for selling tickets. Sold them on stub hub for $400 each on Saturday before and that evening the Hogs lost to La-Monroe or some La team. Tickets for Bama went for below face value after that.
Obviously we look forward to Razorback football season for different reasons.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 28, 2017, 10:51:53 am
Of course, it makes no logical or rational sense to spend money supporting a program that has proven to be a middle-of-the-pack, seven or eight win program.

For that matter, it makes no sense to spend a lifetime deriving entertainment from the actions of 18-22 year old men, none of whom I have ever met, for no earthly reason other than that they have a specific emblem on a piece of their apparel.

It's not a matter of logic; it's a matter of emotion.

Just like any other entertainment form or what one does for fun.........................................that doesn't mean one should let their emotions get carried away with it. Some people do that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Quote from: Tyro3 on May 26, 2017, 03:30:09 pm
So you don't think playing in Jerry's world is an enticement for recruits?

Not really, at least not to game changer type recruits that are going to play in 5 or 6 big time games every year. Knowing they get to play one game a year in that stadium is not going to make one bit of difference to them.

buldozer

Quote from: hogsanity on May 25, 2017, 10:15:09 am

I like the game in Arlington. When I lived in Texarkana, it was an hour closer than the games in Fayettville and I didn't have problems finding a room for the night.

Wildhog

Quote from: buldozer on June 01, 2017, 01:53:10 pm
I like the game in Arlington. When I lived in Texarkana, it was an hour closer than the games in Fayettville and I didn't have problems finding a room for the night.

It was fine when it was an OOC game.  Now, not so much.
1909/1964/1965/1977

LZH

Quote from: buldozer on June 01, 2017, 01:53:10 pm

Great segue into a GSD.....

twistitup

People are waiting until next year to get back on board...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....