Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

channel for game on direct tv

Started by luvmesomehogs, February 19, 2010, 10:44:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmesomehogs

I have direct tv and I was wondering if anyone knew what channel FSN was? Do you have to have the extra sports mix package to receive it? Thanks. 

NeverYield

I've got Directv and it shows it on 646 ( Fox Sports South )     You can hit the MENU button on your Directv remote and go to SMART SEARCH, then type in Ark and it will usually show you all channels and showings for anything Arkansas.  Sometimes you have to type in Aub, because the program may be named " Auburn @ Arkansas "  or vice versa!  This works for anything you want to find, not just sports.  If you want to find Step Brothers, just start spelling it and you'll see new shows pop up in the box as you spell it out!  Hope that helps, if you get confused, reply back on this thread and I'll try to help you some more!  Anything for a fellow Razorback!
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

BENJAMINX

I have directtv, and I think you do have to have the sportspack to get 646 or 654, which are the two channels listed as having the game. I'm hoping that it will air on FSSW 676 since you don't need the sportspack. last night the UCLA washington State game was listed on 646 but I was getting it on 676.

NeverYield

Sorry, I didn't even answer your question about the Sports Pkg.  I have the sports pkg.  so I'm not sure, but I believe you do have to have it.  I suggest you get it for $12 a month it is  worth it.  It's over 30 Fox Sports channels, however you may not get all of the games that they play, but you do get a bunch of SEC games and EspnU is included.  Sometimes they black you out on a game you might want to watch but usually your local teams come through!
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

NeverYield

By the way lovemesomehogs, +1 for the bad a**  Fortson Pic!!!

luvmesomehogs

GuvHog

Quote from: hurtkiley on February 19, 2010, 11:10:09 am
Sorry, I didn't even answer your question about the Sports Pkg.  I have the sports pkg.  so I'm not sure, but I believe you do have to have it.  I suggest you get it for $12 a month it is  worth it.  It's over 30 Fox Sports channels, however you may not get all of the games that they play, but you do get a bunch of SEC games and EspnU is included.  Sometimes they black you out on a game you might want to watch but usually your local teams come through!

True and it is indeed channel 646 (Fox Sports South). Channel 676 (Fox Sports Southwest)
very rarely if ever broadcast any SEC games. They do Big 12 games and other conferences
out west. Most Cable TV systems in Arkansas carry Fox Sports Southwest but will switch
to Fox Sports South for the game and then back to Fox Sports Southwest after the game.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!