Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally Hall says FAMU may be the last ever game in Little Rock? Buyout Yes or No

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, August 27, 2017, 12:45:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: lstewart on August 28, 2017, 03:41:19 pm
The bottom line... it is about what is the most profitable for the university, and that has ALWAYS been the case. The Hogs started playing in War Memorial long ago because they could make more money doing that than playing all their games in a smaller stadium and smaller population at the campus home. So, yes, having state wide support has always been great, and I am sure they want to keep it. But they did not go for statewide support 70 years ago to make less money for the athletic program. That was how they made more money. Everything is very different now than it was 70 years ago. The UA campus has more students than the entire population of NW Arkansas was back then. You can be sure the athletic department is aware of every small factor related to all these issues.... recruiting, central and south state support, political issues, etc, etc. But it was always about money then, and it is about money now. What do you think the local Fayetteville folks and UA students thought over all those years when their home team traveled for 3 or 4 road games a year in Little Rock so they could make more money? Same shoe, other foot..... I grew up in SE Ark, went to college in SW Ark, and then lived for another 10 years or so in South Arkansas after college. I went to a couple of Fayetteville games as a kid, and one when I was first married, but most of my Razorback football was at Little Rock. Man, I loved it. We had season tickets when I was in my later 20's, and early 30's to all the LR games. So I have great memories, and it was a lot of fun. But it was always about money.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. If it was truly all about money, they would have stopped playing at WMS years ago. It's past time to move that last game to Fayetteville but the Hogs playing in WMS hasn't been all about money.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: factchecker on August 28, 2017, 01:10:24 pm
Sadly, there are Little Rock who think every team in nation is dying to play in WMS.  The reality is that not even other instate schools want to play there:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/oct/17/war-memorial-not-an-easy-sell-20141017/

Here is the funny thing..... jonesboro state fans think that WMS should pay them and/or their opponent to play a neutral site game in Little Rock:

http://scout.com/college/arkansas-state/Article/An-Open-Letter-to-the-leadership-in-Central-Arkansas-wanting-Tro-106158494

IF little rock fans want a true home team then they better start pumping money into the LRU athletic department.  Their poor students are footing the bill enough.

Other instate schools can't make the money work for them either, which is why they don't play there.  It's hard to justify paying rent to WMS when you've got your own facility right there on campus.

WMS is doomed. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: GuvHog on August 28, 2017, 04:09:39 pm
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. If it was truly all about money, they would have stopped playing at WMS years ago. It's past time to move that last game to Fayetteville but the Hogs playing in WMS hasn't been all about money.

It was about donor money even after it stopped being about ticket money.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

GuvHog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 28, 2017, 04:22:42 pm
It was about donor money even after it stopped being about ticket money.

It wasn't about money at all. It was a PR move. Broyles vision was to make the Razorbacks a state wide team and he did just that. Many of the younger fans don't realize that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on August 28, 2017, 04:00:28 pm
The Razorbacks no longer pay rent to play in WMS and haven't in a couple of years.

Guv have you already forgotten being told this a couple of pages ago, this is the first year of no rent.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/10043834/arkansas-razorbacks-cut-back-games-war-memorial-stadium

hoglady

I've always been of the opinion that the pussyfooting around the issue over the last 5 or 6 years has caused more harm than good.
Should have been handled some years back, with a swift pull of the Band-Aid and an explanation of the financial and logistical reasons for it.
Pulling off the Band-Aid slowly is always way worse.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WSPHOG

The Razorbacks no longer pay rent to play in WMS and haven't in a couple of years.

They paid $400,000 last year its public information....you are correct for this years game. It marks the first year (2017) that will not have to pay rent according to the deal. They started increasing rent in 2014 from $75,000 to $400,000. Rent is not where the loss of money comes from of coarse but still helps not to have shell out $400,000 this year.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: GuvHog on August 28, 2017, 04:26:34 pm
It wasn't about money at all. It was a PR move. Broyles vision was to make the Razorbacks a state wide team and he did just that. Many of the younger fans don't realize that.

Broyles couldn't make a statewide team out of NWA dollars--there weren't any.  The program ran off of Little Rock money for decades.

TrueBlue

This has always been the funniest argument to me. NWA fans downgrading Central AR fans for not filling up the stadium and they question their "fan-dom". If the ones calling out WMS fans would just come to the games, it never would be an issue if the game sold out or not. Same way, for the Central AR fans going to DRRS. There should be nothing but sell-outs at both stadiums. Truth is there are a lot of people with egos and a lot of fair-weathered fans.

I know, I know, Little Rock is a very scary place (poor babies) and WMS is a dump, yet these same fans are pumped up and excited to go to Shreveport for a bowl game (and look at all of the oil refineries and the stench that comes with it or the rusty iron on the stadium) and they are pumped and excited to go to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl (which besides the good BBQ, talking about scary..!! I am always pumped and excited when I leave Memphis in one piece)

One thing is for certain: there wouldn't be a great football program and a huge beautiful DRRS if it wasn't for Central Arkansas donors. The donors carried the program for many years and we should owe them our debt of gratitude.

Anyway, carry on....

ricepig

Quote from: TrueBlue on August 28, 2017, 04:53:26 pm
This has always been the funniest argument to me. NWA fans downgrading Central AR fans for not filling up the stadium and they question their "fan-dom". If the ones calling out WMS fans would just come to the games, it never would be an issue if the game sold out or not. Same way, for the Central AR fans going to DRRS. There should be nothing but sell-outs at both stadiums. Truth is there are a lot of people with egos and a lot of fair-weathered fans.

I know, I know, Little Rock is a very scary place (poor babies) and WMS is a dump, yet these same fans are pumped up and excited to go to Shreveport for a bowl game (and look at all of the oil refineries and the stench that comes with it or the rusty iron on the stadium) and they are pumped and excited to go to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl (which besides the good BBQ, talking about scary..!! I am always pumped and excited when I leave Memphis in one piece)

One thing is for certain: there wouldn't be a great football program and a huge beautiful DRRS if it wasn't for Central Arkansas donors. The donors carried the program for many years and we should owe them our debt of gratitude.

Anyway, carry on....

What besides a "Thank you" should be expected? Are you sure it was Central Arkansas alone that carried the program, nobody from NEA, SEA, SWA?? It takes all Razorback fans to support the program, just as it always has.

bphi11ips

TrueBlue has the best perspective of anyone in this thread.  It was always about the money.  Travel played a role as well.  Over time travel became less of an issue.  The ancillary effect of games in Little Rock, and to a lesser extent Memphis and Shreveport years ago, was that Arkansas built generational brand loyalty throughout the entire state.  The brand itself blew up when Frank Broyles won big in the 60s and used his incredible political skills to build the athletic program beyond anyone's wildest dreams, probably even his.

Broyles and the UA needed Little Rock and the rest of the state until Sam Walton created a population explosion in NWA.  That explosion created the need for a regional airport where wide-body jets can land.  And hotels.  I-49 connected Fayetteville to I-40.  Like TrueBlue said, things have changed.  It's all good.  Good for the UA and good for the football program. 

Moving games out of Little Rock shouldn't be a problem for anyone.  Neither should acknowledging the role all Arkansans played in building the football program.  Games in Little Rock were the foundation of the football program for nearly a century.  They certainly were for over fifty years post-WWII. 

Many teams around the country continue to play in funky old stadiums.  Cincinnati fans love their old bowl.  It's about 100 years old and seats 40,000.  Bearcats fans don't call Nippert Stadium a "dump".  There are many Nippert Stadiums around the country. 

The state of Arkansas can't afford one DWRRS, much less two.  There's a reason it's called Donald W. Reynolds Razorbacks Stadium.  Arkansas taxpayers aren't footing the bill.  The Razorbacks only need one stadium in 2017, and it's where it should be - on campus.

The sad thing for many of us who grew up going to games in Little Rock and Fayetteville and went on to go to school in Fayetteville is not that games are ending in Little Rock - it's the way they're ending.  The disrespect shown on Hogville for WMS and the fans and families who built the program over generations is shocking.  And it's offensive.  If you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all.

It's only a matter of time before real estate developers and business leaders realize that central Arkansas looks like a pretty good investment.  Things change.  One day the shoe may be on the other foot again.  Be careful how you treat people on your way up.  You may see them again on your way down.  This is just common courtesy and good sense.  Besides, we're all family.  The Razorbacks need all of us and all of the best players Arkansas can produce if they are to compete at the highest level of college football. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hoglady

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 28, 2017, 06:16:34 pm
TrueBlue has the best perspective of anyone in this thread.  It was always about the money.  Travel played a role as well.  Over time travel became less of an issue.  The ancillary effect of games in Little Rock, and to a lesser extent Memphis and Shreveport years ago, was that Arkansas built generational brand loyalty throughout the entire state.  The brand itself blew up when Frank Broyles won big in the 60s and used his incredible political skills to build the athletic program beyond anyone's wildest dreams, probably even his.

Broyles and the UA needed Little Rock and the rest of the state until Sam Walton created a population explosion in NWA.  That explosion created the need for a regional airport where wide-body jets can land.  And hotels.  I-49 connected Fayetteville to I-40.  Like TrueBlue said, things have changed.  It's all good.  Good for the UA and good for the football program. 

Moving games out of Little Rock shouldn't be a problem for anyone.  Neither should acknowledging the role all Arkansans played in building the football program.  Games in Little Rock were the foundation of the football program for nearly a century.  They certainly were for over fifty years post-WWII. 

Many teams around the country continue to play in funky old stadiums.  Cincinnati fans love their old bowl.  It's about 100 years old and seats 40,000.  Bearcats fans don't call Nippert Stadium a "dump".  There are many Nippert Stadiums around the country. 

The state of Arkansas can't afford one DWRRS, much less two.  There's a reason it's called Donald W. Reynolds Razorbacks Stadium.  Arkansas taxpayers aren't footing the bill.  The Razorbacks only need one stadium in 2017, and it's where it should be - on campus.

The sad thing for many of us who grew up going to games in Little Rock and Fayetteville and went on to go to school in Fayetteville is not that games are ending in Little Rock - it's the way they're ending.  The disrespect shown on Hogville for WMS and the fans and families who built the program over generations is shocking.  And it's offensive.  If you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all.

It's only a matter of time before real estate developers and business leaders realize that central Arkansas looks like a pretty good investment.  Things change.  One day the shoe may be on the other foot again.  Be careful how you treat people on your way up.  You may see them again on your way down.  This is just common courtesy and good sense.  Besides, we're all family.  The Razorbacks need all of us and all of the best players Arkansas can produce if they are to compete at the highest level of college football. 

As always - one the best voices on this issue.
Thanks!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

LZH

Quote from: tusksincolorado on August 28, 2017, 02:00:38 pm
NO MORE RIVERFEST!!! Why?

Yeah that is a shame too.

My point about the game in Little Rock with LSU and ASU was just a little jab at those who don't really believe the Arkansas-Louisiana state line is steadily moving North. Apparently it doesn't matter to the pocketbook of our program so I guess it doesn't matter at all. Just thought I would take a shot at the crotch of a few of you but you held your water pretty well.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: LZH on August 28, 2017, 07:41:22 pm
Yeah that is a shame too.

My point about the game in Little Rock with LSU and ASU was just a little jab at those who don't really believe the Arkansas-Louisiana state line is steadily moving North. Apparently it doesn't matter to the pocketbook of our program so I guess it doesn't matter at all. Just thought I would take a shot at the crotch of a few of you but you held your water pretty well.

Ok....But did Riverfest perform poorly the past few years? So LR dumped it? Or did it move across the river and is now called "Didittoyouagainfest"?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

East Clintwood

Quote from: GuvHog on August 28, 2017, 04:26:34 pm

They don't realize it because it's no longer true.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

OneTuskOverTheLine™

They WILL NOT say goodbye to War Memorial without a going away send-off... Look for the SEC game next year and then goodbye. They won't miss the opportunity to have ESPN or CBS showcase some of the Razorback's greatest memories from there.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

bphi11ips

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 28, 2017, 10:20:02 pm
They WILL NOT say goodbye to War Memorial without a going away send-off... Look for the SEC game next year and then goodbye. They won't miss the opportunity to have ESPN or CBS showcase some of the Razorback's greatest memories from there.

Good point. And as it should be.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Sweet Feet

Facts. Sometimes people see NWA as uppity country bumpkins and think NWA should just be its own state as uppity as they can get. Either way, weither they play at WMS or play at a newly renovated DWRRS, the only thing itl change for the Hogs is money. It wont win them any more games than they have the past 25 years as an SEC member. I have no problem with the move because most P5s dont play a neutral instate game every year. But to down central arkansas and WMS for the Hogs sucking is rediculous. No blame was put on fayetteville for losing to citadel. But either way, we will see how much the hogs benefit. And who knows, with all the money and power in LR, maybe they will invest in UALR football and put WMS to use.

Hawg414

Hawg414

Quote from: oldbooniehog on August 28, 2017, 08:57:07 am
War Memorial Stadium has been an obsolete dump for a long time. Should have ended games there years ago.

razorback stadium was an obsolete dump for decades when WMS helped them get by.  when razorback stadium didnt even have lights not too damn long ago.  guess we shoulda never played games at razorback stadium to begin with.

Hawg414

Quote from: hogsanity on August 28, 2017, 09:34:17 am
The argument about rent a wins and bad sec games killing attendance is so lame, but right in keeping with the LR game group. All we heard was " LR loves the Hogs, we just want Hog football here". What they were really saying was " we love Hog football as long as it is a marquee game, on a weekend when we don't have anything else to do ". They never really just wanted Hog football or they would have never charged rent, would give up half the concessions and not make demands about which games they get.

you do understand its a state owned facility right?  and that 'little rock" has never charged them a penny.  hell, fayetteville is charging them every bit as much as little rock is. 

are YOU gonna be at FAMU, on a thursday night?  yeah, didnt think so.  and thats all part of the plan.   

Hawg414

Quote from: factchecker on August 28, 2017, 01:13:26 pm
The poor opponent excuse is a lie. The worst attended game in WMS was against LSU in 1996.

what was the weather during that 1996 game?  and our record?  just curious.  asking for a friend.

Hawg414

Quote from: HogHomer on August 28, 2017, 01:34:42 pm
All I'm reading is it's not convenient for me and I'm not shown enough attention by the University. If this is what causes you to stop supporting the Hogs then good riddance we would rather have people who care about the Hogs and want them to get the most advantages possible. Instead some choose to whine because the Hogs have decided to play all their home games in their HOME stadium.

who is "we?"  you do understand that there was a time, not too terribly long ago, when more games were played in LR than NWA, right?  thats right... when more money as to be made in LR, you werent "we"... you were "them."

Hawg414

Quote from: factchecker on August 28, 2017, 03:05:55 pm
This is the biggest factor.  Fans of wms don't care but they need to realize that The University of Arkansas is the only instate school with a self sufficient athletic program.  Unlike other in-state athletic programs, we don't live off of subsidies.  We don't rely on student fees.  In order to keep this practice viable we have to maximize profit.  We also have to make enough money to support the non-revenue sports.  Losing $2 million dollars to play a home game on the road does not help us at all.

unless you lose 10 times that in donations

Hawg414

Quote from: hoglady on August 28, 2017, 04:28:03 pm
I've always been of the opinion that the pussyfooting around the issue over the last 5 or 6 years has caused more harm than good.
Should have been handled some years back, with a swift pull of the Band-Aid and an explanation of the financial and logistical reasons for it.
Pulling off the Band-Aid slowly is always way worse.

best post in the whole thread.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 28, 2017, 04:21:06 pm
Other instate schools can't make the money work for them either, which is why they don't play there.  It's hard to justify paying rent to WMS when you've got your own facility right there on campus.

WMS is doomed. 

Probably just fine in the viewpoint of the University of Arkansas.  The UofA may not want some other instate collegiate football teams playing in WMS.  There may be a fear on the part of the UofA that a significant amount of central Arkansas residents would see some actual decent collegiate football being played in WMS by other instate collegiate teams, and therefore some of those central Arkansas residents might decide to not drive up to Fayetteville to watch inconsistent football.

In regards to WMS being doomed, that is doubtful.. There will still be high school championship games there, Catholic High will still play there, Little Rock may end up getting a bowl game there, and there will probably be concerts there.

Hoggish1

onebadrubi

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 29, 2017, 02:55:29 am
Probably just fine in the viewpoint of the University of Arkansas.  The UofA may not want some other instate collegiate football teams playing in WMS.  There may be a fear on the part of the UofA that a significant amount of central Arkansas residents would see some actual decent collegiate football being played in WMS by other instate collegiate teams, and therefore some of those central Arkansas residents might decide to not drive up to Fayetteville to watch inconsistent football.

In regards to WMS being doomed, that is doubtful.. There will still be high school championship games there, Catholic High will still play there, Little Rock may end up getting a bowl game there, and there will probably be concerts there.

Lol this is similar to your prediction that uca goes undefeated. 

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 29, 2017, 02:55:29 am

Lol, they can watch PA play on Friday night's if they want to watch consistent football. The casual fan wasn't driving up to Fayetteville, anyway, and how many are the having to turn away in Conway?

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg414 on August 29, 2017, 02:31:54 am
unless you lose 10 times that in donations

The big money already have suites in RRS, they won't miss the "donations" from 25,000 season ticket holders from one game in LR.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on August 28, 2017, 01:23:10 pm
You choose to believe anything you want. Playing at WMS was symbolic of state support and appreciation of it. And I don't care at all about what u think about my passion. I've read enough of your comments not to give a crap.

I guess you think just because at one time the Coliseum in Rome was a great facility and place for large gatherings and a sport eons ago they should still use it for such....................At one time WMS had its' place and was needed for sports and the Hogs.............not anymore. Here's a shocker for you, TIMES CHANGE. Now it's a hindrance and some like you don't want to or refuse to be rational and admit that. Quit living in the past and join the real world of today. We all know it's possible for you since you have at least a smart phone if not a computer to post junk on here. Passionate fans don't give up that easy.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Steef

Thank you, Wally....

For triggering yet another GSD.

We hadn't quite beaten this horse dead enough, I guess.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: buldozer on August 28, 2017, 02:47:47 pm
Oh no, its another great Missouri Razorback Debate..... going forward they plan to recruit Missouri rather than South Arkansas. The university has made its decision so why debate it? Kids in South Arkansas have been migrating to LaTech and other schools, so they have moved on....me too.

Bye. I'm from south Arkansas and there have always been LaTech fans down there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on August 28, 2017, 01:46:28 pm
I agree the GA game should have sold out. But by that time the pull out of LR was coming regardless.  I just want the pullout to be complete. The fans statewide are not the team's or university's concern. Time for them to go home and evacuate the rest of the state.

Don't worry then. I'll continue to drive from Memphis where I live, across the parts of the state where I was raised and my wife's family is from, to attend games in Fayetteville to support the players and not worry about my own personal convenience...........................unlike you. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LZH on August 28, 2017, 01:51:33 pm
It can't be taught, I was born with it.

Just for laughs, and I know it isn't gonna happen, but if LSU played Arkansas State in WMS and 35000 coon-asses showed up in Little Rock, the NWA residents on this site would have a fit.

No they wouldn't. People would be wondering why LSU had more fans there than ASU............................

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusksincolorado on August 28, 2017, 02:28:57 pm
City Directors had years to improve the situation but decided to turn a blind eye. So many issues in LR, and so little taxes to work with, and when there is money it is mismanaged.

Just a very sad, situation all around.

How can one improve something they do NOT own..............................

Inhogswetrust

Money has been paid to them under a different name..............................

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on August 28, 2017, 04:09:39 pm

Years ago the Hogs and an SWC opponent agreed to play in Shreveport, LA. The game was originally supposed to be played at the opponents site but they were having severe attendance issues (which they had most of the time) and agreed to play in Shreveport once to see if it helped them. It didn't.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: snoblind on August 28, 2017, 04:08:48 pm
Why would LSU play in WMS when they have Death Valley?  They aren't making more of a killing than they can in their own stadium.  Nothing ASU could do would entice them.  Rent a wins don't have juice.

I wonder how many people in NWL go on a tiger site and complain incessantly about them not playing in Shreveport?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Sweet Feet on August 29, 2017, 12:57:29 am
Facts. Sometimes people see NWA as uppity country bumpkins and think NWA should just be its own state as uppity as they can get.

...and on the other side, those from other parts of the state sometimes see NWA residents as uppity elitists and think that they are from another world completely. (Note: I have lived both places and don't currently live in either, so I don't really have a dog in the fight.)

The fact is, anyone currently living in Arkansas, or currently living in another state but still supporting the Razorbacks are all part of one big family. We all have much more in common than the things that make us different. We shouldn't be fighting and should support the team no matter where they play their games.

Inhogswetrust

I like your family analogy. Unfortunately families have a tendency to squabble sometimes even over things they have no control over. We will all eventually get over it and move forward. At least I hope so. I honestly hope they can find a good use for WMS and if not tear it down BUT NOT unless a new different type of memorial is built that the state and all Arkansans can use and be proud of.

PonderinHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on August 29, 2017, 07:40:28 am
...and on the other side, those from other parts of the state sometimes see NWA residents as uppity elitists and think that they are from another world completely. (Note: I have lived both places and don't currently live in either, so I don't really have a dog in the fight.)

The fact is, anyone currently living in Arkansas, or currently living in another state but still supporting the Razorbacks are all part of one big family. We all have much more in common than the things that make us different. We shouldn't be fighting and should support the team no matter where they play their games.
But why do I have to drive all the way across the state to a family get together at Uncle Bob's nice new house when it is much more convenient for EVERYBODY to meet up halfway at Uncle Bill's old house, even though Uncle Bill's house has major plumbing problems and uncomfortable chairs and worn out carpet ???

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sweet Feet on August 29, 2017, 12:57:29 am
Facts. Sometimes people see NWA as uppity country bumpkins and think NWA should just be its own state as uppity as they can get. Either way, weither they play at WMS or play at a newly renovated DWRRS, the only thing itl change for the Hogs is money. It wont win them any more games than they have the past 25 years as an SEC member. I have no problem with the move because most P5s dont play a neutral instate game every year. But to down central arkansas and WMS for the Hogs sucking is rediculous. No blame was put on fayetteville for losing to citadel. But either way, we will see how much the hogs benefit. And who knows, with all the money and power in LR, maybe they will invest in UALR football and put WMS to use.

Actually there was a movement afoot at one time it and a little more of the "ozark" region to secede from the rest of the state. It never really gained traction. Funny and ironic how our founders of the USA were considered "uppity" country bumpkins by the British empire.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawg414 on August 29, 2017, 02:11:07 am
nah.  mostly over the elitist attitude emanating down from NWA. 

Kind of like the elitist attitude of the old south plantation system used to be huh?

onebadrubi

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 29, 2017, 07:53:22 am
But why do I have to drive all the way across the state to a family get together at Uncle Bob's nice new house when it is much more convenient for EVERYBODY to meet up halfway at Uncle Bill's old house, even though Uncle Bill's house has major plumbing problems and uncomfortable chairs and worn out carpet ???

Does Bobs have the better parking?  Which house is more apt to see the drunk wife's bewbs??  And two cousins fight?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 29, 2017, 08:20:01 am
Does Bobs have the better parking?  Which house is more apt to see the drunk wife's bewbs??  And two cousins fight?

Bewbs make it worth the drive.......................

DeltaBoy

I expect a final SEC games and a big blowout to send the grand ole lady out with style.   The State fiddled while Rome burned.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 29, 2017, 07:10:39 am
I guess you think just because at one time the Coliseum in Rome was a great facility and place for large gatherings and a sport eons ago they should still use it for such....................At one time WMS had its' place and was needed for sports and the Hogs.............not anymore. Here's a shocker for you, TIMES CHANGE. Now it's a hindrance and some like you don't want to or refuse to be rational and admit that. Quit living in the past and join the real world of today. We all know it's possible for you since you have at least a smart phone if not a computer to post junk on here. Passionate fans don't give up that easy.

I've said already that I'm ready for the Hogs to go home and stay there.  Times DO change. Those who want the Hogs to leave LR because its better economically and advantage-wise often curse the Little Rock fans as being selfish.  "Economically feasible" and "more advantageous" don't sound like words used by unselfish people. Two regions want Hog games.  NWA has won. That's fine.  Get out of Central Arkansas. Period. I owe nothing to UA.  Its a business making business decisions.  I'm a customer deciding where to spend money, loyalty, and passion. The business deserted my area for another area closer to its home base.  Fine.  It's a regional business.  It can do as it pleases. I think it should leave totally. It probably won't (basketball will probably stay in NLR once in a while). 

You can choose to call other fans anything you like in order to prove how great you are. I'm not impressed. And you don't intimidate me or affect my opinion. Two groups of people both want what is selfishly in their own perceived best interest.  I don't have to accept the move graciously.  If the Hogs choose to abandon my area of the state for football for their own reasons, I will choose to support teams or universities for my own reasons.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton