Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tweet by Mike Anderson Jr about Monk

Started by wpswillriseagain, February 24, 2018, 09:42:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Pumbaa

May be a dumb question, but is Mike Anderson Jr. Coach Anderson's son? I didn't realize he had a son.

jgphillips3

Quote from: daprospecta on February 24, 2018, 03:02:03 pm
I played with Marcus on the hill and while I wouldn't say we were close friends, I'd call us associates and we know a lot of the same people.  He's a good dude. I can't speak to the business deals etc but I can truly believe this scenario. 

Dang it.  Not only can we not win we can't even cheat well!!  😉

PorkRinds

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 24, 2018, 02:35:24 pm
I'm going to take a guess because it's the only thing that makes sense given the nature of both tweets. Maybe some Arkansas boosters crossed the line. Mike Anderson found out about it and informed Malik that he had no choice but to withdraw his offer.

Marcus confronted me about a year ago insisting that I didn't know the real story. He was pretty convincing though he never offered to tell me his version of the real story.

One more thing: Marcus and Malik don't seem to have any issues hanging out in NWA. It's almost like certain people know what happened and realize there's no reason to bash them.

Or it could be that he found out about any number of shady things that could have went down while he was being recruited by KY and decided to take back the offer.  You never know. But the tweets do make it seem like the narrative most of us believe is not how it went down.

The real Hogules

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 24, 2018, 10:31:48 am
Evidently his son is saying it's not that Kentucky paid him it's something that he thinks is funny..Something bad about Arkansas but he thinks it's really funny??

Maybe he's saying that it would offend/hurt Razorback fans to know that Malik (sp?, but at this point who cares, right?) was planning on attending the UofA, but Marcus (an ex-Hog) talked him out of it and into heading to Kentucky?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

checkraiser88

Not a good tweet at all. Lets show a little class.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 24, 2018, 01:59:52 pm
Anyone that thinks Jr. is taking a shot at Arkansas or his dad is a bit confused.  He's linking it with this current scandal. Marcus was up to his neck in it, obviously.

Or we can simply read.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: wpswillriseagain on February 24, 2018, 09:42:03 am
https://twitter.com/mike_andersonjr/status/967269667319566337

"If it ever got out about how Monk really landed at uk.... mane I'm not gonna tell that tell.. but it would hurt a lot of the Arkansas fanbase's feelings if you knew. Better to let bygones be bygones sometimes 🤷🏾‍♂️"
Worldwide Wes, baby.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 24, 2018, 03:21:02 pm
Maybe he's saying that it would offend/hurt Razorback fans to know that Malik (sp?, but at this point who cares, right?) was planning on attending the UofA, but Marcus (an ex-Hog) talked him out of it and into heading to Kentucky?

That was a rumor going around. Heard it many times. Man I don't have a clue and at this point couldn't care any less about Monk. He's from Kentucky.

Swinesong1

I'm not saying the Hog staff was involved, but I think we are being naive if we think the Monks ending up in Bentonville didn't come with a quid pro quo. 

razorback1829

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 24, 2018, 03:36:47 pm
I'm not saying the Hog staff was involved, but I think we are being naive if we think the Monks ending up in Bentonville didn't come with a quid pro quo.

Hogs weren't responsible for the family moving. Somebody with deep pockets did though. Know that for a fact.

mbgrulz

Quote from: hulk hog on February 24, 2018, 12:21:49 pm
No such thing as an Ex-Razorback...
In a unanimous statewide vote, we made an exception.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 24, 2018, 03:36:47 pm
I'm sure it wasn't the staff but boosters are hard to control.

Somebody close to the program told me that the day the FBI probe broke Mike called a staff meeting and said something like, I know you've been frustrated when we've lost recruits to people that don't follow the rules. I kept telling you that they would pay the price someday. Well someday has arrived. Tonight when your heads hit the pillow you will have no trouble sleeping. There's a whole bunch of coaches out there who won't be able to say that.

That was months ago and believe me there are a lot of big name coaches who are still sitting around sweating with their fingers crossed.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 24, 2018, 03:56:24 pm

Somebody close to the program told me that the day the FBI probe broke Mike called a staff meeting and said something like, I know you've been frustrated when we've lost recruits to people that don't follow the rules. I kept telling you that they would pay the price someday. Well someday has arrived. Tonight when your heads hit the pillow you will have no trouble sleeping. There's a whole bunch of coaches out there who won't be able to say that.

That was months ago and believe me there are a lot of big name coaches who are still sitting around sweating with their fingers crossed.

But will anything happen, Mike? It's frustrating to me that apparently these teams are just going to continue to play these players and the coaches are going to claim ignorance.
How do you think this will all play out? I have ZERO confidence in the NCAA.

Swinesong1

And I love it! 

HognitiveDissonance

I've been saying forever that the Monks packing up and moving from little Lepanto, AR to Bentonville, AR made no sense at all and smelled shady to me from the get-go.
My gut feeling is usually right. It didn't pass the smell test.

Bentonville has zero basketball tradition.
There are also maybe 100 black people in Bentonville.

At the time, I thought it was great news because to me it said the next year Malik was simply going to stay in NWA and matriculate down to Fayetteville to the UA. So I was surprised he picked UK. I was actually on the Hill the weekend he took his official visit to the UA. I remember Mrs. Monk having a red jacket on. I was thinking we had a better than 50/50 shot, still, at that point.

Notice I'm NOT saying the UA or the Hog staff orchestrated all of this. I'm just insinuating that the Monks moving to NWA, her getting a job, a house, and basically getting 'setup' never smelled good to me.

I say let sleeping dogs lie. It's just my gut feeling but I don't think we want to know what all happened here, on either UK's or UA' side. Just let it go. He was only there one year anyway.

ArkansasI

This thread is full of so much rationalization. Malik had 3-4 years to commit to Arkansas, but never did. The Monks could have declined any inappropriate gift from "well meaning" fans of any school. The idea that Mike may have withdrawn his offer infers culpability, or a failure to reach a kid and his family with whom he was closely intwined. He took the entire team to Malik's high school game.  I understand and respect that Malik's offer may have been withdrawn, but all I'm reading is noise. 

BoarEd

And Calipari is absolutely, 100% one of them. He will never show it, but there's a good chance he ends up like Petino through all this.

What's impressive is that Anderson's teams have remained more than competitive despite seeming impossible odds, all things considered.

AHiD

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 24, 2018, 03:48:38 pm
Hogs weren't responsible for the family moving. Somebody with deep pockets did though. Know that for a fact.

Is it possible you could PM your evidence to me, or someone who we all trust, who would confirm in this thread you're telling the truth?
My name...is Jerruh

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 04:00:03 pm
But will anything happen, Mike? It's frustrating to me that apparently these teams are just going to continue to play these players and the coaches are going to claim ignorance.
For now let's forget the NCAA and hope the Feds nail these bastards. They have the power to do so

TheJoeyBucketz

Cant lie, that gives me a justice boner that a sharp-clawed cat couldn't scratch.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

BoarEd

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 24, 2018, 04:05:07 pm
For now let's forget the NCAA and hope the Feds nail these bastards. They have the power to do so

The NCAA are essentially being forced to act or they will be viewed as part of this entire racket that the FEDs are investigating. They have no choice.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 04:00:03 pm
Exactly.
Zero confidence in the NCAA.
Full confidence in the FBI.

The FBI doesn't have an agenda to favor anybody. They also have subpoena powers the NCAA doesn't have.

Let the dirt flow. It doesn't mean we'll become a Final 4 program just because, but all this dirt will nothing to hurt us, for sure.

BoarEd

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on February 24, 2018, 04:08:16 pm
Exactly.

The FBI doesn't have an agenda to favor anybody. They also have subpoena powers the NCAA doesn't have.

Let the dirt flow. It doesn't mean we'll become a Final 4 program just because, but all this dirt will nothing to hurt us, for sure.

LMAO
They don't have an agenda to favor anybody.

LMAO

theFlyingHog

Quote from: BoarEd on February 24, 2018, 04:07:12 pm
The NCAA are essentially being forced to act or they will be viewed as part of this entire racket that the FEDs are investigating. They have no choice.
Just remember the entity that is "the NCAA" may very well burn to some degree in all this. There's no telling what these wiretaps turn up!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: BoarEd on February 24, 2018, 04:08:59 pm
LMAO

LMAO
There's a politics board further down the screen if you want to go down that rabbit hole

My apologies if you aren't referencing the political scandals the fbi has taken part in

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 24, 2018, 04:03:45 pm
Is it possible you could PM your evidence to me, or someone who we all trust, who would confirm in this thread you're telling the truth?
Quote from: razorback1829 on February 24, 2018, 03:48:38 pm

Pm?

liljo

Quote from: BoarEd on February 24, 2018, 04:08:59 pm
LMAO

LMAO

Yes sir, that one made me laugh out loud, too! :D
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

AHiD

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 04:15:09 pm
Pm?

Are you asking for him to PM you? If so, I'll agree that your word would essentially prove what he's saying true
My name...is Jerruh

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 24, 2018, 04:29:46 pm
Are you asking for him to PM you? If so, I'll agree that your word would essentially prove what he's saying true

Yes

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: liljo on February 24, 2018, 04:21:49 pm
Yes sir, that one made me laugh out loud, too! :D
The context here is college basketball, so my statement stands.

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

Danny J

Exactly.

And unlike the NCAA if you lie to the FBI that's a felony.

HognitiveDissonance

Being reported that Sean Miller not coaching Arizona tonight at Oregon...

synthartist69

Monk will be forgotten at Kentucky, sooner than later. He could have went down in the history pages of Arkansas basketball, especially if he would have came here and stayed for a few years. He would have landed in the NBA whether he came here or went to Kentucky. Really was a stupid choice. I still say he is a punk.

Rbill

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 24, 2018, 02:35:24 pm
I'm going to take a guess because it's the only thing that makes sense given the nature of both tweets. Maybe some Arkansas boosters crossed the line. Mike Anderson found out about it and informed Malik that he had no choice but to withdraw his offer.

Marcus confronted me about a year ago insisting that I didn't know the real story. He was pretty convincing though he never offered to tell me his version of the real story.

One more thing: Marcus and Malik don't seem to have any issues hanging out in NWA. It's almost like certain people know what happened and realize there's no reason to bash them.

Wow that would be amazing. Mike would somehow prove to be an even greater man than we knew. That would absolutely make me feel very bitter if something like that was true and Malik actually did want to come. We certainly wouldn't want to call out boosters. Very plausible.

247Hog

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 24, 2018, 04:03:45 pm

You serious Clark? LMAO

Didn't realize all you had to do to get the scoop and receive evidence was ask on Hogville for a PM.

I'm gonna go ahead and ask the CIA to PM all evidence regarding UFOs. Then i want to know who really shot JFK. Thanks in advance.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Tusks

Not buying it.  So a hog booster/s may have gotten a little excited with things and Mike had to rescind the offer while KY boosters/agents/institutionalized cheating/world wide wes/ was ok with their usual cheating and signed him.

Nope.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

AlmaHog2011

Exactly.

The FBI is nothing but agenda driven and corrupt at the top. The most corrupt organization maybe as corrupt as the mafia.

AlmaHog2011

I hope the FBI does something the NCAA won't touch any of the top programs never have and never will.

Every one of those coaches will just take a commentator job at ESPN..Cheating has to be attacked and don't let the cheating ass coaches just take sweet jobs on TV.

michaels

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 24, 2018, 05:59:06 pm
The FBI is nothing but agenda driven and corrupt at the top. The most corrupt organization maybe as corrupt as the mafia.

what they did to the black panthers & w/ cointel pro was despicable

Dr. Starcs

I liked what Georgia coach Mark Fox said about it after today's game.

247Hog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 06:13:43 pm
I liked what Georgia coach Mark Fox said about it after today's game.

What did he say?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

247Hog

natelepain

Maybe the tweet has more to do with Former HC Pelphrey and this looming pay to play scandal.

nlp

Pig in the Pokey

Exactly.

lol. this is hogville. they went from loving the fbi to hating them this year, didnt ya hear?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ShadowHawg

Quote from: tusked on February 24, 2018, 05:34:44 pm
Not buying it.  So a hog booster/s may have gotten a little excited with things and Mike had to rescind the offer while KY boosters/agents/institutionalized cheating/world wide wes/ was ok with their usual cheating and signed him.

Nope.

Is this sarcasm?

hogginbama

Exactly.

Could it be that someone in the NCAA got tired of the cheating and not being able to subpoena the records so they requested the FBI get involved?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

RedBird5

Quote from: tusked on February 24, 2018, 05:34:44 pm

Nope.

You serious Clark?