Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dowell Loggains?

Started by eSECpnBias, September 25, 2017, 10:32:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

eSECpnBias

I think we're moving on from Brett Bielema sometime in the next two seasons. Do you think Dowell Loggains is on Jeff's radar as the next Head Hog?

Everyone is caught up on the $15.4 million buyout that drops to $11.7 million after Jan. 1. The Bears last game is Dec. 31. Could we possibly wait until January and hire him?

Pork-n-Boots

Based on what I saw of him as Titans OC, I certainly hope not. I'd prefer us hire someone with successful head coaching experience that is a strong recruiter & familiar with the states that surround Arkansas.

younghog

GO HOGS

TexasRazorback

Stop looking at NFL coaches to take over, They dont recruit players like college coaches

The_Iceman

eSECpnBias

Quote from: Pork-n-Boots on September 25, 2017, 10:47:34 am
Based on what I saw of him as Titans OC, I certainly hope not. I'd prefer us hire someone with successful head coaching experience that is a strong recruiter & familiar with the states that surround Arkansas.

You mean when he had to coach old Matt Hasselback and bad Jake Locker during a transition season? I would argue he wasn't set up to succeed under a bad organization. And to be fair they scored 20 or more in his first season 8 times and then 10 times the next season with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Rusty Smith.   

Now with the Bears this season he's overachieving with Kendall Wright, Deonte Thompson and Mike Glennon.  The fact that they scored a TD on a much more talented Pittsburgh team just screams, I can win at Arkansas, right?

He's a great, young offensive mind that loves the Hogs and can put Cole Kelley and the offense in a place to succeed while also allowing us to save $4 million in terms of Brett's buyout.

hawganatic

Yes, let's go hire somebody with no head coaching experience, no college coaching experience, and has shown very little success as an offensive coordinator in the NFL.

Loggains might be a great head coach some day, but there's nothing on his resume right now that shows me he's ready to run a program like Arkansas.

Seebs

We could hire an Offensive Line coach straight from the NFL and see if that works out before pulling the trigger on a head coach in that capacity. Yeah, let's try that first.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.