Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rhoads Named One of 30 Best Coordinator Hires in 2017

Started by gdumont, July 26, 2017, 08:00:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gdumont

lakecityhog

nwahogfan1

Lets hope he ends up being the best Coordinator hired at year end but lots depend on Players.  Lets hope he has the talent in year one to run the 3-4 really really well. 

bphi11ips

Rhoads took Pittsburgh from 91 to 29 in total defense his first year as DC then to 12 his second year.  We'd take that here.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Bacons Rebellion

One of the best 30? I should hope so. Ho many coordinators are hired every season?

I checked the list hoping that Robb Smith made it at Minnesota, just for the irony if he did, but, alas, he did not.

JayBell

Rhoads has a low bar to clear this year to be seen as a success.  With even a decent defensive coordinator last year, Arkansas wins at least 9 and probably 10 games - Alabama, Auburn and LSU were such thorough shellackings, Bear Bryant doesn't get Arkansas to win those.

If Rhoads can simply get the defense to play to its potential, they can be a solid defense.  The front 3 are going to be fantastic, Pulley is one of the best corners in the SEC and Greenlaw and Harris fly to the ball.

There's pieces there.  If Rhoads can devise ways to get pressure on the quarterback instead of staying in a base set for all eternity like Smith did, the defense will be way better this season despite all of the starters that left from the front 7.